flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > funcube, software defined radio

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
hi board,
this thing looks cool,
if it could transmits signals, it could transmits almost anything binary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_software-defined_radios

anyone onboard experience with such item?
Post 19 Aug 2014, 13:06
Coty

Coty
I actually work with radio telecoms (You know, like cellphone towers) I don't know quite what your asking about, but I can tell you that nothing is transmitted in binary a crossed the air, It's actually decoded into AF (Audio Frequency Like a modem) Then from AF to RF (Radio Frequency) Witch is actually just EM (Electro Magnetic) pulses just like Light.

These devices are low power transceivers/Transmitters... Probably less than 5w with the range of a walky talky... Transmitting within the CB (Citizens Band) or FM or AM Bands... Quite honestly you could trancieve data in half duplex with an old modem and cheap walky talkie
Post 21 Aug 2014, 07:10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
that looks like awesome job, Coty!,

i always feel radio wave, light wave are such interesting thing,

too bad, i dont understand them much, =(
Post 23 Aug 2014, 17:05
typedef

typedef
sleepsleep wrote:
that looks like awesome job, Coty!,

i always feel radio wave, light wave are such interesting thing,

too bad, i dont understand them much, =(

First thing you need to understand: Electromagnetic Spectrum

Google that and you'll find lots of information.
Post 23 Aug 2014, 22:14
Coty

Coty
EM is extremely simple, you make do something like an electro magnets

You basically rap wire around a metal object like a nail and connect it to ~9v battery and you can pick up paper clips and and small metal objects. This is the same way speakers work. But they do it with AF (Audio frequency) So that the magnetic flux changes and becomes stronger and weaker with pulls with and against a magnet to vibrate the cone of the speaker witch of course makes ripples in the air, and of course these ripples are what we call sound.

Then you must understand that light isn't actually a thing... It doesn't exist on it's own, light is just high frequency EM, our eyes simply capture EM frequencies.

So when you look at the EM spectrum what you will see is that visible light is actually listed, as is microwaves, infrared, ultra violet, X-rays and radio+tv.

Sorry if I'm rambling, I've been taking part in vodka+monster.
Post 24 Aug 2014, 09:14
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
comrade

comrade
How do magnets work?
Post 24 Aug 2014, 10:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Coty

Coty
they wrk by on an atomic level, everything has some form of magnetic property, metals like iron have strong magnetic properties that are arranged at random and un uniform so they don't appear to have any pull, but they do... when you induce current in a uniform pattern like a wire and nail it temporaly rearranges the molicules (sorta) and puts them in a uniform line so the pull or push is all being focused the same... The rest is just bassicly melecular attraction/radiation this is why all wires create small magneti fields, because the current is arranging the molicules
Post 24 Aug 2014, 10:44
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
Light is both:
1. Thing (a particle)
2. The frequency (waves)

Quantum mech is awesome!
Post 24 Aug 2014, 12:53
comrade

comrade
Coty wrote:
they wrk by on an atomic level, everything has some form of magnetic property, metals like iron have strong magnetic properties that are arranged at random and un uniform so they don't appear to have any pull, but they do... when you induce current in a uniform pattern like a wire and nail it temporaly rearranges the molicules (sorta) and puts them in a uniform line so the pull or push is all being focused the same... The rest is just bassicly melecular attraction/radiation this is why all wires create small magneti fields, because the current is arranging the molicules

You do know I was trolling, right? I have a degree in electrical engineering.
One of my favourite videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO0r930Sn_8

Post 24 Aug 2014, 21:35
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: