flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Philosopher's stone & misanthrope lifestyle

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher%27s_stone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misanthropy

since i gonna die one day, it just a matter of when.

since i got only 24hours per day, minus nature activities, maybe balance around 10 hours own by myself.

since i am sick with most human, so it is better for me to stay aloof because i enjoy doing lots of things on my own, thinking, pondering and reading.

it makes no sense to sacrifice my limited time to serve other people..... call me selfish, but i don't think i want to spend my generosity like that.

http://www.thebookofaquarius.com/

http://www.thebookofaquarius.com/read/6
Quote:

The Art of Alchemy has been a secret since the beginning of our recorded history, and so there have always been many people who simply don't believe in it. This is of course made worse by the obscure way in which the alchemical books are written and the fact that the alchemists have wanted to remain hidden, and so never openly revealed themselves or their works to the world. This book is the first exception in probably 12,000 years.

Disbelief stems from not understanding (ignorance). Anything which is not true cannot be understood, that is, it does not make sense. All true things must make sense. All true things must be in accordance with what we know about Nature and the universe, that is to say that they are natural. Nothing true can be unnatural, because Nature is everything, and so nothing is outside of Nature. Things that cannot be understood do not exist, they are lies, and therefore against Nature. All things that exist are in accordance with Nature, so all things that are true are in accordance with Nature.

The Art of alchemy is only the imitation and acceleration of Nature, so it is not possible to say that alchemy is untrue under this definition. This would be the same as saying that Nature is untrue. So the definition of alchemy is self-supporting as it only claims something based on what we already know to be true. Alchemy is the imitation and acceleration of Nature, we know that Nature is true, so alchemy must also be true. The only argument here is if you don't believe that alchemy is an imitation and acceleration of Nature, but now you have this book, so you cannot complain that no one explained this to you.

Any truth must be in accordance with Nature, understandable, logical, and it must make sense. If you believe something that does not fit this category, then your belief is only ignorance. All true things are understandable.

You may still object to the concept that Nature (i.e. alchemy) can produce a Stone capable of the powers described in the previous chapter. The explanation of why this is the case is so simple that it is difficult to explain, as it is obvious, and who can explain something to someone who fails to see what is directly in front of their eyes on a daily basis? It is Nature that is the force which operates on this universe; it created us, we are here, we are alive. Nature already created all the gold in the world. How can one accept the ability of Nature to create life and then dismiss the ability to prolong it? How can one accept the ability of Nature to make gold and then dismiss this in the same sentence? We know that Nature creates life, we know that Nature creates gold. Alchemy is the imitation and acceleration of Nature, so these things can be achieved with the Art of alchemy.

To summarize: if Nature can give life, we can give life; if Nature can make gold, we can make gold. Nature does it everyday, so who are you to say it is impossible when it is before your very eyes?

There are people who can read this book and not understand it, but the reason for this is not that what is written here is too complicated for these people, but that it is too simple for these people. The disbelievers are so inflated with their own egotistic vanity that they are unable to see truth even when it walks right up to them and slaps them across the face. These are the same people who walk around claiming to understand quantum theory, string theory, etc. even when the inventors of those theories claimed not to fully understand it themselves (they are models - not truths.)

The only argument against alchemy is therefore ignorance. But whatever you believe, it doesn't change the truth.
Post 25 Dec 2011, 18:52
AsmGuru62

AsmGuru62
You're misguided about "most humans".
Most are actually good, it is the worst we keep hearing about.
That is why it "seems" like there are most.
Post 26 Dec 2011, 12:14
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
since i am sick with most human, so it is better for me to stay aloof because i enjoy doing lots of things on my own, thinking, pondering and reading.

it makes no sense to sacrifice my limited time to serve other people..... call me selfish, but i don't think i want to spend my generosity like that.
In my opinion, you're too kindhearted and too open-minded man to stay aloof for a long time. Wink

I understand your eagerness for knowledge, this is a very positive symptom, keep it up but... avoid books which "disclose" you any "hidden" truths. Razz The book you've mentioned seem to be written in characteristic manner, uses aggressive language, refuses any possibility of formulating doubts. If I were you, I'd choose something about history of science instead (but written by authors who don't claim they are "omniscient").
Quote:
if Nature can make gold, we can make gold.
So what? We can, of course... in accelerators. Wink But this is a simply inefficient way.
Post 26 Dec 2011, 16:01
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
asmhack

asmhack
Maybe we are too big to tame quarks, sure tho we are big enough to tame anger.

+1 MHajduk
Post 26 Dec 2011, 16:28
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
Quote:

In my opinion, you're too kindhearted and too open-minded man to stay aloof for a long time.

maybe, but life is too short,, i need to plan for myself instead of other people..i need to make focus myself instead of other people, everybody life is everybody own life.

there is something in this life that we forgot to pursue, i mean, i don't want to live like other people, 9 to 5, clubbing, satsun shopping, stress, more and more responsibilities, reach 55, retire, waiting for death.

i actually think it is not so wise to follow that kinda lifestyle. (but of course, that is everybody own life, if he feels happy having that kinda lifestyle, who am i to forbid)

i want something calm, since i gonna die, i want to prepare myself for that moment.
Post 26 Dec 2011, 17:48
MHajduk

MHajduk
sleepsleep wrote:
maybe, but life is too short,, i need to plan for myself instead of other people..i need to make focus myself instead of other people, everybody life is everybody own life.

there is something in this life that we forgot to pursue, i mean, i don't want to live like other people, 9 to 5, clubbing, satsun shopping, stress, more and more responsibilities, reach 55, retire, waiting for death.

i actually think it is not so wise to follow that kinda lifestyle. (but of course, that is everybody own life, if he feels happy having that kinda lifestyle, who am i to forbid)
From my point of view, any extremism is bad. Neither "hedonism" nor "ascetic" way of life is good. The "middle way" seems to be the wisest choice. Wink
sleepsleep wrote:
i want something calm, since i gonna die, i want to prepare myself for that moment.
I am a bit confused - are you going to become a monk? Rolling Eyes Wink Not so bad but I don't see you in such a role... Razz

Well, bear in mind that if you really want to become misanthrope you should rather stay among the people. Yeah, that's a paradox. If you will become somebody like a "monk", i.e. separate from the society, you may obtain completely opposite effect... (somebody has said that "in order to love people you have to become an eremite"). Wink
Post 26 Dec 2011, 19:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
here is the only real philosopher stone:
and we all walk onto.

add some water, expose to direct sunlight, and you get this: -->*
Post 26 Dec 2011, 20:09

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: