flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > applied religious idiocracy (was "no comment")

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
edfed

edfed

Last edited by edfed on 01 Apr 2010, 08:23; edited 2 times in total
Post 30 Mar 2010, 09:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Oh my... what a zealots
Post 30 Mar 2010, 09:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
zhak

zhak
what is all about?
Post 30 Mar 2010, 10:31
kohlrak

kohlrak
They're protesting about having people work on the Sabbath (Saturday for jews, Sunday for Christians[actually, much more complicated than that, but this is the simple answer]). Long story short, it's stuff like this that gives people days off on the weekends.
Post 30 Mar 2010, 10:42
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
By the way... I suppose this protest doesn't happen on Sabbath, as Jews are forbidden even to protest on Sabbath, right?
Post 30 Mar 2010, 11:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
21/11/2009 was a saturday.

that's all.
Post 30 Mar 2010, 11:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kohlrak

kohlrak
vid wrote:
By the way... I suppose this protest doesn't happen on Sabbath, as Jews are forbidden even to protest on Sabbath, right?

Actually, yeah. Which proves that like many events commonly used to criticize religion, it's more politics than religion. The jadaicly correct method here would be to simply not go to work (IIRC, there's a few such examples in the Tora). Would Intel fire their entire staff? I doubt it. Razz The fact that this protest even exists shows that people have no religious backbone.
Post 30 Mar 2010, 11:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
shoorick

shoorick
not clear. are they on AMD side?
Post 30 Mar 2010, 11:52
kohlrak

kohlrak
shoorick wrote:
not clear. are they on AMD side?

No, they just want a particular day of the week off.
Post 30 Mar 2010, 12:16
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:

Now that is what I call a worker's union. Lenin would be proud!
Post 30 Mar 2010, 22:04
Coddy41

Coddy41
kohlrak wrote:

XD thats what all that was about? Why not just call in sick or something... I think it would be best
for Intel to let them have it, its not worth people shouting at you...

Post 30 Mar 2010, 22:39
zhak

zhak
if everybody works there 6 or 7 days a week, then why jews should work less only because they're jews? and i won't be surprised if they would shout against salary decrease due to extra day-off. jews...
Post 30 Mar 2010, 23:18
Coddy41

Coddy41
As I see it, it has to do with there religion, Lets say you and every one around you worship ehhh... a worm
and lets say once per year at noon everyone kisses the worm... And if you don't kiss the worm because you
are to busy at work and you become an out cast by your friends and family... Now I do not know much about
there culture but that don't eat pig... poor jews... any way I just think they should get there day of eating fish
or whatever...

Post 31 Mar 2010, 00:20
kohlrak

kohlrak
vid wrote:
Quote:

Now that is what I call a worker's union. Lenin would be proud!

Well, Israel as it is now was almost formed as a communist state.

Coddy41 wrote:
kohlrak wrote:

XD thats what all that was about? Why not just call in sick or something... I think it would be best
for Intel to let them have it, its not worth people shouting at you...

Not one day off a year, once a week. One day off every seven days.

zhak wrote:
if everybody works there 6 or 7 days a week, then why jews should work less only because they're jews? and i won't be surprised if they would shout against salary decrease due to extra day-off. jews...

Actually, Christianity also observes this sort of thing (i don't know much about other religions so i have no idea how widespread this sort of practice is). However, this is in Israel: A nation which is based on Judaism (supposedly). Intel decided to schedual the workers as if it were an atheist state? That's just silly. Though, no, they would have no ground to stand on if they wanted off with pay. This is about not being able to adhere to their religion (actually, that's merely the justification; the real reason is to bitch a moan which all people all over the world do pretty well).

Coddy41 wrote:
As I see it, it has to do with there religion, Lets say you and every one around you worship ehhh... a worm
and lets say once per year at noon everyone kisses the worm... And if you don't kiss the worm because you
are to busy at work and you become an out cast by your friends and family... Now I do not know much about
there culture but that don't eat pig... poor jews... any way I just think they should get there day of eating fish
or whatever...

Actually, it's church day. The practices' origin is actually rather simple. The belief is that the universe was created in 6 days and on the 7th God relaxed. Later on, among the 10 simple rules, one of them was to "remember the sabbath day" (rest on the 7th day, as God has said to have done) and "keep it holy" (worship God, typically by going to a church or synagogue).
Post 31 Mar 2010, 02:51
guignol

guignol
Jews?!
Haven't they collapsed yet?
Post 01 Apr 2010, 07:56
zhak

zhak
Religion is evil in its pure form. How many wars start based on something different? Religion kills human minds
Post 01 Apr 2010, 08:08
kohlrak

kohlrak
zhak wrote:
Religion is evil in its pure form. How many wars start based on something different? Religion kills human minds

Let's see here... WWI, WWII, The Cold War, Korea, Vietnam... Should i continue? And that's just the wars the US was involved in...
Post 01 Apr 2010, 08:12
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
My religion of choice is assembly language. I hope it does not kill my mind Sad
zhak wrote:
I think that more precisely it can be said that religious fanaticism tends to be disruptive in most circumstances.
Post 01 Apr 2010, 08:14
kohlrak

kohlrak
revolution wrote:
My religion of choice is assembly language. I hope it does not kill my mind Sad
zhak wrote:
I think that more precisely it can be said that religious fanaticism tends to be disruptive in most circumstances.

I would argue abuse over fanaticism. Take Hezbola for example. Is not Islam also a religion of submitting to a God's will and living in peace over selfish desires? Yet, they attack Israel for more land in the name of Allah. Go kill people to get them to give you land or give up land so that people do not die? Which sounds more Islamic?
Post 01 Apr 2010, 08:19
edfed

edfed
conclusion:

religious fanatism is dangerous.

no?
Post 01 Apr 2010, 08:27

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: