flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > what handphone/cellphone you are using now?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Furs

TmX wrote:
Well, not every person in the world joins the PC Master Race club.
Smile

Heh, actually consoles at least are made for gaming, unlike phones. But you're right they share something: the fact that some people are stupid and have retarded arguments for them.

Mind you, I know plenty of people buy consoles just for the console exclusive games, and that's fine.

But some people genuinely think consoles are "cheaper" than a PC, while still owning a PC (but underpowered one), makes me speechless.

You know, maybe if they didn't spend so much on their stupid phone or console they'd have enough money to buy a decent PC that could do everything else they wanted to do from the console/phone. (when I say PC I do include laptops, for people who want to be mobile; but consoles aren't mobile anyway so in this case it doesn't apply)

sleepsleep wrote:
some people don't post frequently in forum or etc places because they afraid others to perceive that as he/she is not doing his/her coding job, or etc mundane, routine, official jobs, and he/she is just lurking around reading/typing something that don't help company or his/her master,

i actually doubt if we really have control over a pc or laptop, Laughing

idk what you mean by control, but for sure you have way more control over security than on a phone. Even if there's backdoors on a PC too, there's far more of them on a phone, theoretically speaking.

How can you multi-task on a phone, seriously?

To me multi-tasking requires fast switching between windows or even desktops (workspaces in Linux), which I've bound to CTRL+ALT+Q or whatever, and since I got used to it takes a fraction of a second to switch. I don't understand how can you do that on a stupid phone.

I see so many people typing a lot of text on a phone without a keyboard. Geez, what a waste of time just to type on such a stupid device. Like most programmers, I type fast, so to me typing on a phone is an absolute pain. Most stuff is too slow and painful to do, and the screen is minuscule with mostly big crap UI. There's not enough "space" on the screen to be productive, I don't even feel comfortable, it's like virtual claustrophobia.

And then I see people wanting bigger phones. For real? Buy a damn tablet or laptop and keep the damn phone just for... calls (and maybe pictures).

sleepsleep wrote:
anyway, let say we "control" in the sense, the ability to process 1 and 0, and we have the whole units of smartphone on earth to run whatever we like, Wink

i only want to control those which got 3gb and above, now, what would you like to run? Idea

The PCs and supercomputers. Razz
Post 18 Sep 2017, 22:41
YONG

ProphetOfDoom wrote:
It was a lifesaver when I was in hospital for two weeks with pneumonia - I had no visitors because my family are all either ill or dead or evil.

Really? Rolling Eyes

But you said, in sleepsleep's vitally important things thread, "My other brother took me home from hospital after I recovered from pneumonia recently."

So, are you lying to us? Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I am meticulous.

Wink
Post 19 Sep 2017, 01:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
cheap, entry level and middle range windows laptop give shitty 1366x768 in year 2017, wtf with these oem brain?

Yeah. Screens that are above 11.6" should have at least FHD (1080) resolution these days.

Wink
Post 19 Sep 2017, 01:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TmX

Multitasking on a phone?
Screenshot

That's me checking email, while surfing Facebook and SSH-ing a server on a 3 years old phone.
Not bad Smile
Post 19 Sep 2017, 02:08
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
i hope for a new kind of os for intel/arm smartphone, they should exist somehow, sooner is better, maybe if i got lottery or etc monies, will fund a group of hackers for such purpose, 1 million is too little i guess, maybe need around 10 to 50 millions? idk,
Post 19 Sep 2017, 10:59
Furs

TmX wrote:
Multitasking on a phone?
Screenshot

That's me checking email, while surfing Facebook and SSH-ing a server on a 3 years old phone.
Not bad Smile

Hats off to you then, that "packed" screen (with windows/whatever they are called on phones, not info) makes me virtually claustrophobic. Confused
Post 19 Sep 2017, 17:18
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
i got my new xiaomi a1 today, Wink Wink Wink

it is bigger than my motorola, i tested audio, mic, camera, overall everything is working fine,

i set the brightness to less than 5% because it is very bright i think, i am sensitive to light,

i sign in using same google account, and i got all my contacts, i haven't import my whatsapp, maybe later,

i notice one issue though, when charging, you could literally feel the current while holding and moving the phone, (i guess since the whole thing is metal, maybe, idk) because i could feel such current too under full metal laptop,

i havent move my sim, since a1 using nano sim and i got micro sim, probably need to cut or whatever, i download the template already, Laughing

i installed coc, teamviewer, skype, whatsapp, and probably nothing else,

overall, i am excited and happy with this new partner in my life, i been searching for quite some time for a new phone, glad i found xiaomi a1, and glad for all the service motorala been providing to me since 4 years ago,

thanks and thanks a lot!
Post 20 Sep 2017, 11:06
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
i notice one issue though, when charging, you could literally feel the current while holding and moving the phone, (i guess since the whole thing is metal, maybe, idk) because i could feel such current too under full metal laptop,

You should "earth" your phone while charging it. Just connect its metallic casing to a nearby water pipe with a wire.

Seriously, I think that you should get some sleep.

Wink
Post 20 Sep 2017, 12:11
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
i havent move my sim, since a1 using nano sim and i got micro sim, probably need to cut or whatever, i download the template already, Laughing

Don't cut your micro-SIM card over your lap -- you might accidentally cut something else!

You also need to sand your micro-SIM card to make it a bit thinner.

Wink
Post 20 Sep 2017, 12:15
sleepsleep

Thanks for the information,
I probably try figure out how to transform the Sim tomorrow,
Post 20 Sep 2017, 12:30
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

Your phone company will probably swap your SIM card for a nano. They usually also copy over the contacts and messages and the other stuff that is stored there. Takes only a few minutes.
Post 20 Sep 2017, 12:33
YONG

revolution wrote:
Takes only a few minutes.

And a few bucks.

Mad
Post 20 Sep 2017, 12:39
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

YONG wrote:

revolution wrote:
Takes only a few minutes.

And a few bucks.

It's free in most countries. Even so a few dollars vs a few hours and an uncertain result might be worth it?
Post 20 Sep 2017, 12:42
sleepsleep

my friend said they would charge around RM 10 to change previous sim to new sim,

by the way, Google already synchronise my contacts into this new phone, I'm not sure yet if there is online application to modify or delete those contacts, because it felt more easy to do it through computer than through smartphones.

I prefer to do the personal data moving by myself, Wink
Post 20 Sep 2017, 13:07
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
I prefer to do the personal data moving by myself, Wink

Nope. You should just let Google handle your personal data for you. The moving process is seamless. And most importantly, a backup of your data will be automatically made and stored somewhere in the cloud.

Wink
Post 21 Sep 2017, 02:04
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
my friend said they would charge around RM 10 to change previous sim to new sim

Here in HK, such a SIM card replacement typically costs about RM 17 to 27. Besides, one would have to spend -- or waste -- quite some time in a long queue!

Mad
Post 21 Sep 2017, 07:02
sleepsleep

i dont trust cloud, and if possible i dont want to use them, right now, i only put my accounting files there, the new android phone offers me to sync captured photos into google cloud photos which i respectfully decline the offer, Wink

i like backup, but i dont like the idea i have no control where to put my stuffs or my customers stuffs,

it looks like it is more expensive there in hk,

i havent cut my sim since i got some outstation job today, and with a really stupid hp fax machine, damn it hp, damn it hp,
Post 21 Sep 2017, 11:25
Furs

You're right for not trusting the cloud. Backup in the cloud is not bad by itself (if not sensitive data, otherwise encrypt it locally before uploading it), but it must just be an alternative, not your only backup.

It continually amuses me that no matter how many leaks, hacks or fuck-ups companies do, people never learn and continue trusting a total stranger with their data. I know that having sympathy makes you a better person, but it's really difficult in this case, the ignorance is too much.

While we're on this subject, there's actually something worse out there on the internet: people who don't value their data (i.e. they could deal with a loss of their data without a lot of problems) giving advice about backups to others. I mean, seriously? In the end if someone actually confronts them for giving "poor advice" their last reply is something like "Well I'm not that paranoid about losing my data" as if advice is about their personal situation Rolling Eyes
Post 21 Sep 2017, 11:56
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
the new android phone offers me to sync captured photos into google cloud photos which i respectfully decline the offer, Wink

You should accept the offer; otherwise, how could we hack into your account to see the photos of your dream girl? (Yeah, I am talking about the married woman that keeps appearing in your dreams!)

Wink
Post 21 Sep 2017, 12:10
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
... with a really stupid hp fax machine, damn it hp, damn it hp,

Take it easy. To be fair, HP does make some inexpensive laptops that are quite good.

Refer to:

HP 14-an013nr Laptop Review: Our new favorite for under $200
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G_fg2kuQ8Y

Wink
Post 21 Sep 2017, 12:16

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: