flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > what handphone/cellphone you are using now?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
one of the best price per bang device one could get in market now,
=)
my model is dual sim, (rare custom rom available, maybe none), those model in europe and us are usually single micro sim.
Post 22 Feb 2014, 16:53
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
Typing from moto g...
Post 22 Feb 2014, 18:28
sleepsleep

fiddle with new moto g,

here a little bit of conclusion that you probably wish to know,
1. the idea of wake up the phone using power button
(wear and tear on power button, and motorola/google should have better idea to wake up a phone)
tried a few proximity sensor apps, so far, unsatisfied with available solution)
one apps suggest face down screen to sleep, which will make main camera face up, and you never know if this app is coded by NSA. at least front facing camera is 3 mp and i covered it.

2. minimum screen sleep is set at 15 seconds, (under kitkat) why?
since screen took up most of battery power, something smart should be done here.

3. brightness, the minimum brightness is still over bright to me, i want to make it dimmer,
no option available, might be hardware issue, but they should have a selection to dim until it is totally black

4. all the processes, installed apps, third-party apps got very scary permission, very intrusive. basically, you are getting RAPE all the time.
you phonebooks, call logs, sms, anything you name it personal, are GANG RAPED by all apps all the time.
what is the common sense inside third-party games who want to read your phonebook? zero.

to be frank, this whole smartphone thing is kinda scary,
prefer a not so cutting edge phone with just enough feature to call, browse, sms, etc basic thing,

fucked by google android

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/172610-nsa-can-track-you-with-cookies-from-google-ios-android-and-it-might-be-legal

it is near insane to expose so much by using a smart/dumb phone.
Post 24 Feb 2014, 20:48
cod3b453

My old Nokia's still going strong at ~13 years Laughing though now the battery really doesn't like high power draw any more - phone calls for more than a few minutes will kill it though it will recover again for later calls. Still goes for about 10 days with light use. However, I have recently got a smart phone mostly for the GPS and in-car hands free [also so my calls don't bomb out Razz], so it's not doing much any more.
Post 24 Feb 2014, 22:50
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

sleepsleep wrote:
4. all the processes, installed apps, third-party apps got very scary permission, very intrusive. basically, you are getting RAPE all the time.
you phonebooks, call logs, sms, anything you name it personal, are GANG RAPED by all apps all the time.
what is the common sense inside third-party games who want to read your phonebook? zero.

This is because app makers have no decency and have no respect for your privacy. They assume that they are entitled to your information. It also allows the app makers to spam your friends and colleagues with message inviting them to join, thus expanding the apps presence. I have always insisted that people I meet do not put my email address in their address books because I don't want to be spammed by all the apps they have installed, but alas people don't listen and I get spammed anyway.

I don't have a spying "smart" phone. My phone cost me ~US$10.
Post 24 Feb 2014, 23:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KevinN

smart phones are ok sometimes.. I'd rather stick to my prepaid samsung tracfone with the triple minutes bonus. I paid $200 for 1500 minutes and a years service. The minutes tripled to 4500. For an extra $50 it added another years worth of service. I've had it for over 2 years now I think without having had to re-up it.

I'd rather some sort of fold up tablet for quick and portable internet/pc-sort-of use. Preferably with like color-eink, liquavista, mirasol or pixelqi with maybe a transparent OLED overlay over the lower power consumption screen for video etc (like transparent oled over eink). Something that can fold up for pocket storage, has great durability, battery life etc and unfolds for better accessibility.

I have a samsung galaxy s3 which I got for $60 with a funny blemish on the screen and the capacitive buttons didn't work. So I rooted it/flashed it and got on screen buttons, found a workaround to have airplane mode just disable cell standby (since I don't have service for it) while being able to toggle wifi on and off. I use VOIP to send and receive calls for free using google voice service and talkatone app and do some light browsing etc just with the wifi on it.

Had an iphone5 but money got tight cancelled service, put it up for sale on craigslist and I ended up being paid in counterfeit money for it in a bad neighborhood.
Post 24 Feb 2014, 23:10
TmX

sleepsleep wrote:

I think this can be solved by using custom ROM.
At least you have no bloatwares...

Smile
Post 25 Feb 2014, 02:16
revolution

cod3b453 wrote:
though now the battery really doesn't like high power draw any more - phone calls for more than a few minutes will kill it though it will recover again for later calls.

High internal resistance because of age reduces the available current draw. The capacity also drops off each time it is recharged. So if you have charged it 365 / 10 * 13 = ~475 times you can expect at least a 20%-30% loss of capacity (perhaps even more if it is in a high temperature environment).

If/when you buy a new battery check the manufactured date. Newer batteries are preferred.
Post 25 Feb 2014, 02:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
cod3b453

revolution wrote:

cod3b453 wrote:
though now the battery really doesn't like high power draw any more - phone calls for more than a few minutes will kill it though it will recover again for later calls.

High internal resistance because of age reduces the available current draw. The capacity also drops off each time it is recharged. So if you have charged it 365 / 10 * 13 = ~475 times you can expect at least a 20%-30% loss of capacity (perhaps even more if it is in a high temperature environment).

If/when you buy a new battery check the manufactured date. Newer batteries are preferred.

Yeah I also put my rough guess at about 500 charges - I believe the quoted lifetime was ~<1000. I noticed the capacity fall off a few years ago but it was only recently high draw was a [noticeable] problem so I have a feeling the plates have seen better days Razz I'm only really interested in seeing how long it'll go before it's totally dead then one day I can sell it to a museum Twisted Evil
Post 25 Feb 2014, 18:31
sleepsleep

i want this phone,
http://www.davidhunt.ie/piphone-a-raspberry-pi-based-smartphone/

Quote:

Here’s my latest DIY project, a smartphone based on a Raspberry Pi. It’s called – wait for it – the PiPhone. It makes use an Adafruit touchscreen interface and a Sim900 GSM/GPRS module to make phone calls. It’s more of a proof of concept to see what could be done with a relatively small form factor with off-the-shelf (cheap) components. I don’t expect everyone to be rushing out to build this one, but I had great fun in doing it, as it builds quite nicely on my previous projects, especially the Lapse Pi, a touchscreen time-lapse controller, and uses most of the same hardware.

What makes this different from the Timelapse controller is the addition of a a SIM900 GSM module, which is connected via UART to the Raspberry Pi. Also, I got myself a LiPo battery that would fit nicely between the TFT screen and the Raspberry Pi, so it could be used standalone, without any wires hanging off it whatsoever. Here’s the finished PiPhone.

Post 27 Apr 2014, 06:31
sleepsleep

what mobile phone that as secure as possible with no exploits.
Post 01 Oct 2015, 21:50
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
what mobile phone that as secure as possible with no exploits.

The original analogue mobile phones probably had no exploits. Or if there was an exploit it would be very limited in nature.
Post 01 Oct 2015, 23:29
sleepsleep

hi revolution,

a friend of mine recommended me this
lenovo k80 4GB memory 64GB storage

http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_k80-7216.php

i think i want to get this and upgrade it to latest,
http://upgrade-marshmallow.net/upgrade-update-lenovo-k80/

i will most probably flash my own os if it ever completed,

i think sometime years ago, i wrote about how the future smart phone / communication device will exists physically, gonna wait 2022 maybe,
Post 14 Jul 2016, 16:54
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
a friend of mine recommended me this
lenovo k80 4GB memory 64GB storage

Read the following article before making your buying decision:

http://baltimorepostexaminer.com/lenovos-pcs-spy-china/2015/02/24

Wink
Post 15 Jul 2016, 02:52
HaHaAnonymous

I bought one recently, it is a basic & cheap model (focus on call and sms).

Credits and data are VERY EXPENSIVE, at least in my country. Good I can keep my number "alive" just by reloading a minimal amount of ~$3 per month. No surprise people is talking from internet more and more each day (mobile data is an assault, I wonder how this thing end up becoming mainstream).

I rarely use it anyway. I had to buy one because I thought it could be useful for my everyday tasks and because I felt forced to (people don't treat you naturally when you say you don't have a number in certain places).

It was a good buy, it has some useful programs such as alarm, clock, music player, sound recorder, FM radio, calculator, and a simple camera.
Post 18 Jul 2016, 05:17
YONG

HaHaAnonymous wrote:
people don't treat you naturally when you say you don't have a number in certain places

In my case, people don't treat you naturally when you say you don't use/play WhatsApp.

I bought my first smartphone, Lumia 720, over three years ago. Before that, I had never felt the need to use/own a smartphone. Then one day I talked to a new client over the phone for the very first time. She asked if she could whatsapp (used as a verb) me to send some details on what we were discussing. When I told her I was not using a smartphone and had never used WhatsApp, she was quite surprised. At that moment, I felt a bit embarrassed. Afterwards, we just used SMS for text exchange.

Interestingly, by now, I still have not used/played WhatsApp.

Wink
Post 18 Jul 2016, 05:50
sleepsleep

i think whatsapp is a good thing, at least pictures, documents, sound, video are free from user a to user b,

cost would gets very high if using sms to transfer
Post 18 Jul 2016, 06:25
YONG

If we need to send many big files, we should use email instead.

Wink
Post 18 Jul 2016, 07:56
TmX

Whatsapp is OK for sending casual snapshots or vacations pics, for example, as long as you know that the images are compressed.

If yout want to send them uncompressed, use email, or put them in google drive/dropbox/etc.
Post 18 Jul 2016, 16:23
Enko

Telegram lets you send uncompressed files (video and pics included) to another Telegram user.
Post 18 Jul 2016, 16:39

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: