flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > FASM conference 2007

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
tom tobias

Got back to USA a few hours ago, and just returned home now, having played basketball at the local gym, trying to lose those four pounds of Czech beer, I added while attending this great conference.
I need to remind everyone of the terrific job which both Maze-GEN, and HyperVista did, organizing this conference.....
About the photographs:
All very good, but, if you will look again at Hypervista's pics, third from the end, you will encounter Martina, the gorgeous gal explaining to the old goat where to find black currants. Now, if you look at Tomasz' first picture, you will observe Maze-GEN in deep thought about obfuscation, and the old goat in deep thought about Martina.
So, Madis, did you stay then at the same hotel where I stayed????
What about the Sunday excursion to Napolean's battlefield???
No one else remembered to thank Feryno for bringing the black Currant juice. Hurrah. Great.
Umm, now for the definitive answer to the question on everyone's mind:
Pilsner Urquel trumps Budweiser, not even close.
The presentations;
yes, I was the goat who goofed up the camera, trying to zoom in, and instead turning off the camera.....
Oops.
Yes, about the presentations: I claim first prize in the category of worst presentation: I was the only one who did not employ M$powerpoint. I was not the only one who was disorganized, but I should have known better. I was also not the only one who failed to rehearse his presentation, but again, I should have known better. Further, I didn't have to speak in Hungarian or any other mysterious foreign language. I once tried to give a talk in a foreign language. After my talk was over, a pretty girl came over and said to me, Wow, tom, gosh, I hope next time you will speak in English so that I can understand you.....
Echoing the sentiments of Hypervista, this was a very good experience, and all FASM forumers should try to attend/participate in the future.
Why was it good, apart from the social interaction, the food, the thousand year historical sites, the great architecture of a dozen fantastic churches, and the opportunity to put a face with a name from the forum? Well, for one thing, in the forum, most folks read, a submission, but then post no rejoinder. Here, folks were at liberty to interrupt at will, and challenge speakers. Fudder was the best among us, at polite, courteous, gracious, but well thought out questions. Madis had the overall best presentation, with his discussion about Menuet. I consider this conference one of the most educational events I have had the good fortune to encounter. Internet is good, and will be improved in the future, but the Martinas of this world do not show up on the internet, as they do in the flesh so to speak....Thanks again Hypervista and Maze-GEN for making this conference a reality.
Smile
Post 29 Aug 2007, 00:56
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

Although your presentation was not my favourite I think it was the best presented, honestly!

However you can still prepare something to formally introduce the Tobias architecture Smile. I would like to see some detailed info about implementation (not so detailed as HDL level of course).

PS: Martina? What love story the absent forum members missed?Wink
PS2: BTW, good to see you finally tom!!
Post 29 Aug 2007, 01:43
MazeGen

Tom! Good to hear some words from you. I was thinking how (and even if Smile) you got back to airport from Brno. We thought you will join us Sunday morning.
BTW, I completely forgot to tell you that your presentation was very interesting. I really like your way of representing it.

Sunday excursion to the battlefield near Slavkov (Austerlitz) was very interesting. It is located at the top of a hill with nice views. There's a nice presentation with animations, all in english as well. I was surprised how well is the presentation prepared. We spent almost two hours there. Maybe HyperVista can say more.

Loco, Martina is my partner and she was our guide to Brno (her spoken english is much better than mine). Very good guide, I'm very thankful to her since it added another very interesting level to our conference Smile
Post 29 Aug 2007, 07:30
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tom tobias

MazeGen wrote:
...We thought you will join us Sunday morning....
My apologies to everyone, if I caused any concern....I simply did some arithmetic, and figured that HyperVista's rental car would only hold five males and two females, and then, with my left index finger counting the digits on my right hand, I realized that if I showed up, there would be little doubt on whose lap Martina would be sitting.
Quote:
...I'm very thankful to her since it added another very interesting level to our conference

Actually, no, "another ...." is too modest. Martina represented the pinnacle of the conference---very talented, good leadership, and zero obfuscation!!!
Wink
Post 29 Aug 2007, 09:54
MazeGen

We thought you will join us to another sight-seeing with Tomasz and Madis at eight. We were also listening to organ music for a while by chance in Peter and Paul's cathedral and also in st. Jacob's church. Awesome. You'd like it.

Martina gave up her seat so we were five men on a way to the battlefield: Tomasz, f0dder, Madis, Don and me.

I will pass your compliments to her Smile And yes, I hope I'm better obfuscator Smile
Post 29 Aug 2007, 10:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Madis731

I see my name mentioned, but I really can't do much more than watch and nod, because I'm hard at work on far sites in Estonia again. When I finish, I will answer all the questions you had Smile
Post 29 Aug 2007, 10:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

Quote:

Loco, Martina is my partner and she was our guide to Brno (her spoken english is much better than mine).

OK Smile
Post 29 Aug 2007, 12:27
vid
Verbosity in development

and you can see few pics of my girlfriend as well. she is the cute one Wink
Post 29 Aug 2007, 20:52
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

I did, and at Madis pics as well Wink

BTW, perhaps I understood wrong, partner=girlfriend or partner=person-who-you-work-with?
Post 29 Aug 2007, 21:17
MazeGen

Well, partner in life, to be unambiguous Smile
Post 30 Aug 2007, 08:26
Madis731

Hey, I'm finally got to a seated position - I'm starting to get sick because of ~30hrs of sleep altogether for the past 3 weeks. It was a nightmare trying to bring plane-tickets close together with my other events. And the events even continued and after landing in Tallinn, I had to travel 0x100 or so kilometers to Piirissaare and then another FAh km back Razz

Lets say there is a time when organisms give up - I'm having a bit of nausea, fever, sore nose! (not throat, what is really strange). I can still SEE, read and write Very Happy No head-ache ^o) Wierd anyways...

@0.1: Of course I was insecure:
1) I hadn't slept
2) I wasn't prepared (XMMGPR one was polished in Brno, the MenuetOS one was cooked-on-the-set when others were presenting)
3) English is not my native language
4) I was in front of a camera (instead of just a bunch of friends Wink )

@tom tobias: Yes, I stayed at the very same (IMG_5175.JPG) hotel Amphone. It had all the necessary things that I was concerned about: a shower, 220V and a bed Smile Breakfast was only a bonus! And it was cheaper as well, while the lady's spoken English was better than the staff's in the other hotel.
Post 30 Aug 2007, 13:40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
OzzY

Nice pictures there!
Some people are very different from what I thought they were! Shocked
Nice to see you all!
Post 31 Aug 2007, 20:26
chaoscode

is 2008 a new meeting?
Post 05 Sep 2007, 20:04
MazeGen

chaoscode wrote:
is 2008 a new meeting?

We hope so. No specific plan at the moment.
Post 06 Sep 2007, 09:19
Picnic

Great team, nice to see you all together, i like this 'family' black t-shirt photo Smile
Post 10 Sep 2007, 17:22
tom tobias

thimis wrote:
...nice to see you all together, i like this 'family' black t-shirt photo...
Yes, thanks to HyperVista for these subtle, yet provocative jerseys, very nice. Thanks again to MazeGen and HyperVista for this well organized event, which was an inspiration. Any news yet, on the "taping" of the conference? It would be fun, and educational, for us to go back and watch our obtuse presentations.....
Post 10 Sep 2007, 19:58
HyperVista

Hi tom, you are too kind and generous with your compliments. MazeGen did an excellent job at organizing the conference. I was there simply as a participant.

i was glad to learn of your safe return after the conference. how was your visit to the Budvar capital? i hope you enjoyed the photos i posted that included you. my favorite one is where you are "holding court" at the pub and the others are obviously paying close attention to what you are saying.

tom wrote:
Any news yet, on the "taping" of the conference?

i'm still working at recovering the lost footage. i must admit i'm not working too hard or too fast because i've been quite busy with work since returning from Brno. i'm also waiting for the dvd copies from Feryno as his footage will make my recovery work moot.

i'm already looking forward to next year's gathering.....
Post 11 Sep 2007, 00:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
pelaillo
Missing in inaction

... in Cartagena, if you wish.

The problem will be to convince Tomasz to travel so far. But we have an entire year to try Wink
Post 11 Sep 2007, 02:58
MazeGen

tom tobias wrote:
Any news yet, on the "taping" of the conference? It would be fun, and educational, for us to go back and watch our obtuse presentations.....

I have already seen Feryno's DVDs and they are really good, you can hear and see all the presentations very well most of the time.

I have almost finished converting Feryno's presentation into an article. I'll let you know when I make it public.

HyperVista wrote:
i'm already looking forward to next year's gathering.....

Me too, what about Denmark (if f0dder is willing to organize it) or Bratislava (vid as organizer)? Smile

HyperVista wrote:
how was your visit to the Budvar capital?

Yeah, I'm interested in this adventure as well Smile

And HyperVista, thanks for your pictures which include me and Martina.
Post 11 Sep 2007, 06:32
Feryno

Hypervista, I sent you those DVDs exactly 7 days ago, postlady asked me the way, I said her "please through air" = plane, so I hope they will come very soon. They are packed very strongly so you will have really difficult task to unpack them. They will come in a big envelope containing smaller square-shaped thick paper cover with sealing tape in corners and the upper cover is a thin plastic layer (protection against possible rain or water)...
I hope the delivery won't postpone thanks to thorough checking of the content of the envelope in your country, as in todays when almost everybody over the whole world is (and has to be) afraid of people wanting to make bad things to peaceful people.
But I must say that I was very stupid, I forgot to offer you downloading those movies into your notebook just after finishing shooting (it would take only few minutes to transfer them from camcorder into computer at a speed ~ 20 MB/s) - I had the connection cable just beside the camcorder...
Please let me know when the DVDs come to you.
Post 11 Sep 2007, 12:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: