flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > FASM conference 2007

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Tomasz Grysztar
I'm leaving Kraków at 12:38 tomorrow, and should arrive at Brno at 18:55.
Post 23 Aug 2007, 15:15
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Feryno

Feryno
I'm closing in my job in half an hour, then preparing to fit into car (about 1 hour), so we are going to set out at 4:00 PM CET (Central Europeam Time, Summer time) and we should arrive to Brno at 6:00-7:00 PM CET depending on trafic (distance about 100 km). I'll come with my wife and our daughter.
our mobile phone is ....... from CZ
+420 ........ (international call)
In case of our late arriving (lost orientation in Brno) you could try to contact us by the phone.

edit: deleted phone number, now it is redundant information

Last edited by Feryno on 27 Aug 2007, 08:06; edited 1 time in total
Post 24 Aug 2007, 12:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
Madis731

Madis731
Oh, sorry, I haven't booked anything - I need accommodation for Saturday and Sunday evening. I'm still in Ruhnu, Estonia, I'll start my trip back to Tallinn soon. We just got our satellite link up so I'm writing from this connection Very Happy

I hope its not too late to book these rooms. Maybe we can share with somebody...
Post 24 Aug 2007, 12:40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Feryno

Feryno
the last and the worst possibility where to sleep is our car...
just joking...
We will also bring a few liters of blackberry juice for Tom Tobias and a few liters of Slivovica (so you shouldn't feel cold in the car in the morning...)
Post 24 Aug 2007, 12:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Madis: we arranged taxi for you. There should be driver waiting for you, with "Madis" sign, and he will bring you to Slavia hotel. We don't have accomodation for you because you let us know you need it too late, but we will find something.
Post 24 Aug 2007, 17:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Madis731

Madis731
How much for the taxi? I took 1000 local currency, but I've got only one paper bill, so the taxidriver should have something to return. Maybe it costs something like 300? ...upto 500?
Post 25 Aug 2007, 04:12
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
HyperVista

HyperVista
hi Madis - we'll leave money at the hotel front desk to pay for the taxi ride. we're looking forward to your arrival and your presentation.
Post 25 Aug 2007, 04:36
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
f0dder

f0dder
Wow, that was a great conference this year, as well as pre- and post-conference events! I'd like to thank all you guys, I had a really great time Smile

Sitting at Vienna airport now, gotta wait about an hour for my plane to Copenhagen, not too bad. Hope they'll allow me to bring the ceremonial FASM-bottle on the plane Smile

EDIT: and thanks to the people viewing the webcast, not least LocoDelAssembly for saving the chatlog.

I hope we can repeat the event next year! Cool
Post 26 Aug 2007, 16:30
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Yes, thanks to all for the presentations and the much better webcast quality, this time I was able to understand much better what all of you said Razz

I missed part of my favourite presentation so I hope we can see the recordings soon.

About the chatlog, it's a pity the silly mistake I did with OllyDbg when I was trying to dump a Hi-Fi version of the chatlog so now we have just a plain TXT Sad

Cheers

PS: f0dder, have you received my e-mail with the chatlog?
Post 26 Aug 2007, 17:06
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Tomasz Grysztar
I just got back to Kraków, and I would like to thanks once again to all the people thanks to whom it was so great event this year. I'm looking forward to the next one. Wink
Post 26 Aug 2007, 20:55

I saw it on 25th only.
From Tom Tobias to Feryno.

And I felt that not everybody was comfortable giving his presentation.
Even the guys asking questions were a bit nervous.
They were hesitant, sometime fumbling(!) except Mr. Tom Tobias.
I may be wrong because I am from a different culture (and I am only version 0.1 Wink).
Did anyone of you also feel the same?

(\
 /\  

Last edited by 0.1 on 27 Aug 2007, 08:41; edited 1 time in total
Post 27 Aug 2007, 04:04
Feryno

Feryno
Hello guys
I apologize for misformatting in my presentation, so you can read it again in a plane text format where the formatting is perfect.
http://fdbg.x86asm.net/debugging.txt

I also noticed (when watching my recorded presentation againg) that I'm not able to calculate correctly, I said very frequently forty six bits instead of sixty four bits, but I hope you understood what I meant...

Now I have 1 bad and very sad news to everybody. Hypervista told me, that only a part (the beginning part) of the conference was recorded on his tape (because of power supply blackouts) ...
Now I have 1 better news... Hypervista and Vid promised to make screenshots of their presentation, so you will be able to see it again.
Now I have possibly the best news... we had another backup camcorder just behind the main (main was broadcasting video and recording to the tape). Luckily the backup camcorder didn't suffer from power-supply blackouts, so the recorded video has 21 GB !!! Image is very clear and everything is readable, even smallest texts, so I don't want to reduce its quality. It is in mpeg-2 video format with 5.1 sound - the same format as used on DVD (the explanation of the huge size).

I think that the best solution is to send 5 DVDs to Hypervista, so he can put them on inet for download. I think it would be good solution to send another 5 DVDs to a guy who can't download 21 GB through a slow internet connection. He can make backup of DVDs for himself in case of interest and then send DVDs do another guy.
Post 27 Aug 2007, 08:36
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Thanks to all of you, it was a great action, twice better than my highest expectations. Shame on me, but this time f0dder was winner in slivovica discipline Wink

When i get home, i will upload some photos, but i only have few. I will also finish new version of FASMLIB very soon, this week i hope, and upload it.

Feryno:
How much can be seen on your video? Is Madis and yours presentation seeable, i would love to review these.
I think you should convert video to lesser quality, and cut out presentation themselves.
Post 27 Aug 2007, 09:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
by the way, feryno, your presentation was outstanding. I think you should let MazeGen convert it to an article and publish it on x86asm.net.
Post 27 Aug 2007, 09:09
f0dder

f0dder
0.1 wrote:

Most of the guys aren't that used to give presentations, I'd say - and since most of us aren't native english speakers, that does add a bit of discomfort as well.

LocoDelAssembly wrote:

PS: f0dder, have you received my e-mail with the chatlog?

Yeah, thanks for sending, I'll edit and upload soon Smile

Feryno wrote:

Now I have 1 bad and very sad news to everybody. Hypervista told me, that only a part (the beginning part) of the conference was recorded on his tape (because of power supply blackouts) ...
Now I have 1 better news... Hypervista and Vid promised to make screenshots of their presentation, so you will be able to see it again.

I'm afraid the problem is actually the other way around - HyperVista didn't record on disc/tape with his camera, instead the stream was saved on the relay server. When we had to restart the stream (I think it was because tom tobias accidentally turned off the camera when he wanted to zoom? - I did the same thing while testing), we didn't specify a new filename for the saved stream, so it was overwritten.

At least that's my understanding, HyperVista will be able to clarify when he's recovered from jetlag etc Smile

Feryno, I'm very happy that you brought a backup camcorder and recorded the show, not least because of the better quality; next year we really should find a way to do both the (relatively low quality) streaming and hi-quality recording at the same time.

I think a good idea would be to send your high-quality version on DVD to HyperVista (or somebody else that can do video editing), so we can cut it into chapters, reduce quality a bit (2.0 sound should be enough, and a decent-bitrate XviD format should be fine) - something that doesn't compromise quality too much, but would let the files be downloadble (probably through torrents).

vid wrote:

Shame on me, but this time f0dder was winner in slivovica discipline Wink

*cough*. 36 hours without sleeping, long travel, czech beer, your slivovica and hypervista's whiskey... well, at least I did manage to find my way to my own room eventually, and there were no pizza boxes involved Wink
Post 27 Aug 2007, 11:16
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Tomasz Grysztar
f0dder wrote:
0.1 wrote:

Most of the guys aren't that used to give presentations, I'd say - and since most of us aren't native english speakers, that does add a bit of discomfort as well.

Perhaps we hadn't had enough slivovica just before the conference. Wink

BTW, I've taken a few interesting pictures with my cellphone during the conference. I'm attaching some of them (scaled down a bit) here (and I'm sure Madis has a lot of much better ones from his camera).

Description: Tom Tobias and MazeGen thinking about their presentations, day before the conference...
Filesize: 89.63 KB
Viewed: 6015 Time(s)

DSC00006.JPG

Description: f0dder and Madis
Filesize: 68.78 KB
Viewed: 6013 Time(s)

DSC00014.JPG

Description: f0dder, is he so brave or just bored?
Filesize: 161.86 KB
Viewed: 6013 Time(s)

DSC00070.JPG

Post 27 Aug 2007, 12:29

cool! more pics plz!
Post 27 Aug 2007, 12:54
MazeGen

MazeGen
Glad to hear you liked the conference and the events, guys.

I hope you can repair the video...

Tomasz, very nice photos Very Happy

---

I hope the instructions in my presentation were readable.
Post 27 Aug 2007, 13:11
Feryno

Feryno
Quote:
0.1 wrote:

fodder replied:
Quote:

1. yeah, that's right, we all are better in thinking than in moving our thoughts from our brains through talk
2. english - I was learning english for 2 years only (I had a personal teacher), so I was really happy that I was able to say something in the conference... I had problems with understanding of questions (I'm poor in hearing, immediate in reading).
Post 27 Aug 2007, 13:42
MazeGen

MazeGen
BTW, I'm slowly gonna make an article out of my presentation. Same for HyperVista's, Feryno's and probably Madis' presentations.
Post 27 Aug 2007, 13:45

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: