flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > FASM conference 2007

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MazeGen

FASM conference 2007
2007 FASM conference will be held in Brno, Czech Republic on August, 25th. Of course you can come day or two sooner, if it suits you better.

I will organize it. My e-mail is mazegen at centrum cz. My phone number is +420 xxx xxx xxx.

Participants:
So far, these members reported they will come:
  • Tomasz Grysztar (as our creator Wink )
  • tom tobias
  • HyperVista
  • Madis731
  • arafael
  • Feryno
  • Ender2101
  • f0dder
  • vid
  • MazeGen

Program:

24th, Friday

Unofficial meeting, seeing the city, having fun Wink
Evening: The Slivovitz Event Smile (HyperVista, tom tobias, Feryno, vid, MazeGen, any other?)

25th, Saturday

The conference starts at 12:00 AM to 5:00 PM UTC (2:00 PM to 7:00 PM CET). We will be webcasting the event again. That way, people from around the world who want to watch live via webcast won't have to get up too early or stay up too late depending on where they live. We will use the same website for the webcast that we used last year: http://www.hypervista-technologies.com
The conference takes place at Hotel Slavia, Vlasta room.
The conference will be moderated by vid.

Farewell party starts roughly at eight PM in my favourite restaurant (not a pub). I hope all of you can attend this party. If you think it is not a good idea or you can't attend, please let me know.

Contributions:
  • x64 Kernel level programming with C/fasm (a basic hypervisor presented as an example) (HyperVista)
  • different theoretical design of CPU (tom tobias)
  • FASMLIB (vid)
  • AsmDoc (vid)
  • MenuetOS (Madis731)
  • XMM as GPR, SSE with GPR (Madis731)
  • obfuscation of x86 code (MazeGen)
  • cancelled introducing x86 instruction reference (MazeGen)
  • debugging amd64 code with FDBG (Feryno)

An annotated map

Accomodation:

The Kounicova Hall
Double room is for $26 (550 CZK), single room is $20 (420 CZK) during Summer Holidays.

For everyone who want to attend:

• Let us know you will come, by contacting MazeGen on his e-mail or by posting in this thread
  • Let us know WHEN and HOW you will come, so we can arrange someone to pick you up on airport / station
  • Think if you have anything to present to us, tell us what, and prepare presentation

This way, I'd like to thank HyperVista for sponsoring the conference room and arranging the webcast Smile

I keep editing this post so stay tuned.

Last edited by MazeGen on 06 Sep 2007, 17:26; edited 9 times in total
Post 30 Jul 2007, 17:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MazeGen

There's one issue, guys. At least me, vid, Feryno, HyperVista and tom tobias would like to make a "Slivovitz Event" Smile. This Slivovitz Event, in character, should take place during evening or night. Since Feryno (and I don't know how about Tom) are gonna come at Saturday, the only time is Saturday evening, after the conference has passed. I don't like this since I plan something like farewell party at this time and some participants don't like alcohol at all so we can't mix these.

There are three possibilities:
- cancel the Slivovitz Event Sad
- make farewell party at lunch time (weird)
- make Feryno and Tom come on Friday (yes!)

EDIT: I decided that this event takes place at Friday evening.
Post 30 Jul 2007, 17:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Madis731

I was hoping I would start the trip on Thursday, but with some non-programming friends and have multiple agendas in Brno. The trip would be by car so I don't have to stick to the schedules of trains and buses Razz (does anyone remember the last year?).

Anyway I will speak to some people and see if they're okay with that, but I will definitely try to organize a stay at the conference. I will not give my 100% "yes" right now, but at least 99% one Very Happy
Post 07 Aug 2007, 07:09
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
f0dder

Thanks to a lot of fortunate circumstances, I'll be able to join this year - hope you won't mind Smile
Post 09 Aug 2007, 10:49
Madis731

Can we say that the count of participants doubled this year Very Happy

Btw, 100% will come (75% alone, 25% with some friends).
Post 09 Aug 2007, 10:56
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
MazeGen

Good news, f0dder, you are welcome Smile

Glad to hear you'll be here too, Madis.
Post 09 Aug 2007, 14:11
Madis731

Alone, by plane:

http://tinyurl.com/2qxj34

Anyone, maybe Mazegen, will post a how-to!?
My plane lands 12:45 if everything goes okay and I think I'll manage to
make a bus/train/taxi trip from 13:30....13:50 including all check-outs etc. and get to the conference exactly 14:00 Very Happy
Post 17 Aug 2007, 12:30
HyperVista

hi Madis! looking forward to seeing you again. you are arriving Brno Saturday the 25th at 1400?? Wow! always the one cutting it close Laughing
Post 17 Aug 2007, 17:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Madis731

The problem is that I've got a week-long event in Estonia. On Thursday on the far west side of it and on Friday on the very far east so I can start my journey on Friday evening, but the first plane I can attend to is on Saturday morning @8:15 which goes to Prague first and then to Brno. I was thinking millions of options here, but I think this one's the best.
Another one was from Vienna by bus Very Happy but when a plane can take me straight to Brno, why bother Razz
BUT this time I WILL be there the full Saturday and Sunday Wink Not like the unfortunate timing last time :SSad:S
Post 19 Aug 2007, 11:51
HyperVista

Great! We'll have to petition the conference organizer (MazeGen) and moderator (vid) to delay the official beginning of the conference in case you are running a little late Very Happy
I'm looking forward to your presentations on MinuetOS and XMM / SSE wrt GRP.
All of the talks this year will be interesting.

Will you have access to e-mail on Friday? I will arrive Brno on Thursday early afternoon. If I can arrange for a driver through the hotel to pick you up at the airport, I will e-mail you the details. Hopefully, one of the local race car drivers is available Laughing
Post 19 Aug 2007, 13:56
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
MazeGen

HyperVista, a taxi or something would be really helpful since getting from the airport to Slavia hotel by urban traffic is slow and complicated.

The driver can pun on paper "Madis" and wait for Madis in front of arrival hall Smile
Post 20 Aug 2007, 09:23
Madis731

Smile thanks
Post 20 Aug 2007, 12:37
HyperVista

Madis - email me your flight information (airline, flight number, arrival time, arriving from which city) so i can inform the driver.

don@hypervista-tech.com
Post 21 Aug 2007, 01:09
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

I have an exam on Saturday at 1200 UTC Mad

Please make sure that the recording works well Crying or Very sad
Post 21 Aug 2007, 01:30
MazeGen

Madis, I still don't know when you leave Brno and if you need me for arranging the accomodation...
Post 21 Aug 2007, 07:20
Madis731

Let me format it for you Smile

Code:

TALLINN         OK 0877 Q  25AUG 0815  QSKYEE        25AUG 25AUG 23K OK
PRAGUE                           ARRIVAL TIME0925
TERMINAL:N1

PRAGUE          OK 0032 Q  25AUG 1200  QSKYEE        25AUG 25AUG 23K OK
BRNO                             ARRIVAL TIME1245

BRNO            OK 0033 Q  27AUG 1500  QSKYEE        27AUG 27AUG 23K OK
PRAGUE                           ARRIVAL TIME1545

PRAGUE          OK 0876 Q  27AUG 2040  QSKYEE        27AUG 27AUG 23K OK
TALLINN                          ARRIVAL TIME2340 

Post 23 Aug 2007, 10:37
MazeGen

Madis, I need a clear word if you want me to arrange the accomodation... I still don't know whether you have booked something already or not.
Post 23 Aug 2007, 10:42
vid
Verbosity in development

hi guys, i am just wasting time in internet cafe in bratislava.

me and my girlfriend will get on train to Brno at 16:20, and arrive at 17:48

PS: 1-liter bottle of Jablckovica (Slivovica-like, but made from apples) awaits in my bag...
Post 23 Aug 2007, 10:45
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
f0dder

I'm waiting for Don in Vienna airport, laptop is almost out of power, but fortunately the wifi is free... hope he's going to pick me up soon.

Post 23 Aug 2007, 11:06
MazeGen

f0dder, Don already e-mailed me that he (10 AM) is waiting for you at the Wien airport...
Post 23 Aug 2007, 11:15

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: