flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Feedback > Idea: How to kill my stupid proxy.

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
JohnFound

JohnFound
Hi Privalov.

Well, maybe this is only my problem, but internet provider on my work have installed some stupid proxy server that doesn't refresh properly php generated pages. It identifyes the pages by their address.
So, is it possible to make this forum engine to add some fake random string to every link generated as additional parameter. I test it manually and the proxy reloads pages properly.
I am not PHP/HTML guru, so I don't know is this is proper solution and how simple is to make this. If this is not possible (or very hard) I can press ctrl+F5 every time. Smile

Regards.

BTW: I wonder, is someone else have the same problem?
Post 06 Nov 2003, 08:30
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
scientica
Retired moderator

scientica
One simple modification should be enougth (/me no guru, just learning) add this at the to pages that is to never to be cached (should work for any proxy that is following rules):
[php]/* <!> HEADER MAGIC <!> */
ob_start();
// Take a hint... (don't cache this, please Wink
header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT");// Date in the past
header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT");// always modified
// HTTP/1.1
header("Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate");
header("Cache-Control: post-check=0, pre-check=0", false);
header("Pragma: no-cache");// HTTP/1.0
ob_end_flush();
/* <!> HEADER MAGIC <!> */[/php]

(should work, did for me when I tested on my local apache server, even thought I didn't have aproxy but connected direclty to apace). Found this somewhere on the net not sure where, iirc it's was from php.net

... a professor saying: "use this proprietary software to learn computer science" is the same as English professor handing you a copy of Shakespeare and saying: "use this book to learn Shakespeare without opening the book itself.
- Bradley Kuhn
Post 06 Nov 2003, 17:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: