flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > Private Messages Stuck in outbox

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
HyperVista

i just noticed that there are several outbound private messages stuck in my outbox. has anyone had this problem and are there any suggestions on how to get them moving? Thanks.
Post 09 Sep 2006, 15:56
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

I think that happens when the destination user doesn't open its inbox.
Post 09 Sep 2006, 16:01
HyperVista

gracious locodelassembly! i just sent a test pm to you to check it, if you don't mind.
Post 09 Sep 2006, 16:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

I read it, check if your outbox is cleared now.
Post 09 Sep 2006, 16:19
HyperVista

yup! guess i was thinking of pm's like an e-mail system. thanks!
Post 09 Sep 2006, 16:23
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

I sent a PM now, just open the inbox without reading my PM. This way we can check also if the PM keeps in outbox when the user doesn't read the message.

[edit] Hey, my 500th post Razz[/edit]
Post 09 Sep 2006, 16:31
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

OK, the message has disappear from the outbox. I you read it instead of just open the inbox we can do the test again if you want.
Post 09 Sep 2006, 16:36
HyperVista

congrats on your 500th post!! sorry it was related to such a stupid topic as my difficulties with pm Crying or Very sad my 100th post was about a bad joke relating to the planet uranus Confused
Post 09 Sep 2006, 16:38
okasvi

HyperVista wrote:
congrats on your 500th post!! sorry it was related to such a stupid topic as my difficulties with pm Crying or Very sad my 100th post was about a bad joke relating to the planet uranus Confused

Laughing I thought posts in heap doesnt count, shouldnt at least, not that post count matters Razz

Post 09 Sep 2006, 16:41
HyperVista

okay locodelassembly - got you test pm but did not open it. is it still in you outbox?

i did open the inbox, though ... didn't open the message

[edit] never mind .... it's not that importand and i understand now tha pm's don't work like e-mail, as i had thought. thanks for the help. [/edit]
Post 09 Sep 2006, 16:50
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

I have no messages in my outbox, if you didn't read it then you can't use the outbox to know if the user has desided to read or just ignore your PM.

Sorry for the late, I went to lunch Razz
Post 09 Sep 2006, 17:26
HyperVista

you are correct. the message was cleared from your outbox when i opened my mailbox. i didn't have to open the message for it to transfer from your outbox, i merely had to open my mail box and it was queued to mine and deleted from your outbox. now i know who's not even opening their mail box. Very Happy

i'm trying to arrange some back-channel logistics for the upcoming FASM meeting in Krakow. fyi, i'm still trying to arrange for real-time video streaming of the event .... stay tuned (literally).
Post 09 Sep 2006, 18:22
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

Someone will record with a cam the meeting? apart of the real-time streaming I think it could be great if someone uploads the meeting in rapidshare or something like that. The real-time streaming is too much ephimeral Razz and due to bandwidth limitation could be of very low quality and with too many loosed frames.

I have an ADLS connection of 512 kbps, but since some months ago I can't reach such speed, I only get a maximun of 430 kbps very few time Sad (kbps= kilo bits per second). well, 512 kbps isn't a good speed for video streaming anyway...
Post 09 Sep 2006, 19:09
HyperVista

yes, I agree with your assessment on the difficulties with live video streaming. we will try to do both, live stream and record for later download on-demand viewing. the "after hours" events such as the vid memorial hedge jumping competition will be taped and available for download and on-demand viewing. i'll have more details sometime the week after next and hopefully have an announcement regarding access to the video on-line.

while we'll have some fun with it, actually the technical discussions should be quite interesting. MazeGen may talk about code obfuscation, vid may talk about FASMLIB and ideas on debug support for FASM, if time permits and there is interest, i may talk about hypervisor and the new vmx and svm features of intel and amd processors and FASM coding to those features. and of course, we'll hear from the man himself, tomasz.
Post 10 Sep 2006, 02:42
vid
Verbosity in development

well... debugging support lies primarily on tomasz's shoulders... but afaik everything is decided, now just to do it Very Happy
Post 10 Sep 2006, 07:14
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: