flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > party

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
i didn't mean it that others are NOT invited.
I just thought this might remind FASM party to some more important who isn't active on board enough to notice this.

also big banner on site would be nice
Post 06 Sep 2006, 11:40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
HyperVista

HyperVista
ahh, yes. i see your logic. very good idea to make certain active members get the word.

a note on some logistics about the technical session: i'm going to arrange with my hotel a conference room for a few hours on saturday afternoon. exact time to be determined. i will bring a small projector and my laptop so if someone wants to display information or code examples (or write FASM code on the spot) and have it displayed large on the conference room wall, we can do it. so.... if anyone wants to present some technical information this way, please be sure to bring your material on a CD or floppy disk (not sure yet if we'll have internet connectivity in the conference room or not, but if we do presentations can also be positioned on the web somewhere ... here, perhaps). i'll find out if internet connectivity in the conference room is possible and update everyone.
Post 06 Sep 2006, 11:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

MHajduk
HyperVista, thank You for Your invitation Very Happy, but I'm afraid that my English "on paper" is better than in speech. Smile

Last edited by MHajduk on 06 May 2007, 15:18; edited 1 time in total
Post 06 Sep 2006, 19:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OzzY

OzzY
This meeting looks nice.
I'd like to meet FASM users and make new friends.
But there are a few problems:
1) It seems the place will be very far from here.
2) Depending on the date I might not be able to travel (only if it's vacation)
3) I might not have a place to stay (hotel, whatever...)
4) My english is not good. I just can select a few words and type. But my speaking is very slow and I often don't find the proper word.
5) I'm just 19 tears old and never travelled to Krakow.

Well, If I can travell I'll post later here. If not, I'll have to be happy with the pictures from the party and wait for a second party in America. Rolling Eyes
Post 06 Sep 2006, 22:45
HyperVista

HyperVista
@MHajduk - please don't let the language barrier stop you from coming. I don't speak or write Polish at all, same for Czech, but I'm going. Your English writing is excellent. I fully expect to be able to order a bier in Polish, Czech, and Russian before the weekend is over. For me, it will all be part of the adventure. If you speak French or German, we can piece together a conversation. Short of that, gestrures work well. Of course, the only language that really matters at this gathering will be FASM.

@Ozzy - that would be fantastic if you could make it all the way from Brazil! I like the idea of the next FASM gathering being in the Americas ... Buenos Aires during Carnival, perhaps Cool
Post 07 Sep 2006, 01:16
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Carnival in Buenos Aires? Maybe Gualeguaychú. Note that both places are not from Brazil but Argentina. http://www.spanishcourses.info/cities/mapaCiudad.asp?CiudadID=178&IdiomaNr=3
Post 07 Sep 2006, 03:07
HyperVista

HyperVista
Hola locodelassembly! Yes, I was thinking of the carnival in Rio ... I've been up since 0500 yesterday and it's now going on mid-night. I've been trying to read and write to specific MSRs relating to virtualization and my brain is fried. sorry i confused Rio and BA. I'll be going to bed now before I start thinking of cinqo de mayo celebrations in Costa Rica ........ zzzzzzz
Post 07 Sep 2006, 03:37
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
OzzY wrote:

4) My english is not good. I just can select a few words and type. But my speaking is very slow and I often don't find the proper word.
5) I'm just 19 tears old and never travelled to Krakow.

MazeGen's english is not good too Wink
and i am 20 years old and never travelled to Krakow

these are not the real problems... distance might be, that's the thing we can't help you with
Post 07 Sep 2006, 06:57
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
gunblade

gunblade
Damn, Tempting, was wanting to go to poland once, sadly the date of the party is just after my university starts up again (22nd), and i would need a couple of days to get there by motorbike (well, bike to bottom of UK, take the train through the channel tunnel, then ride on from there to poland). So I'm afraid I'm out of this one. But if your having a party in Scotland in the near future..... Razz

Enjoy the party, and drink responsibly Laughing
Post 07 Sep 2006, 09:57
HyperVista

HyperVista
Conference Room for FASM Technical Discussions

We have secured the Lajkonik Conference Room at the Hotel Wyspianki for our FASM technical discussions on Saturday 30 September beginning at 1530 (late start time to accomodate sleeping off the prior evening events). Coffee, tea, water and cookies will be served (to be followed later by many rounds of pints at local establishments).

There is highspeed internet connectivity in the conference room so we'll need to start thinking about the possiblity of streaming video of the technical discussions to the rest of the FASM community who can't attend. Streaming video may not be possible, but we should look into it. For those attending and wish to present some technical material can either bring the material on a laptop, CD, floppy, or position it on a server somewhere. I'll have my laptop (Windows OS) and a small projector so we can display the material large on one of the walls.

The conference room hotel information is as follows:

Hotel Wyspianski***
JAN-POL S.A.
31-033 Krakow, ul.Westerplatte 15
tel. (+48 12) 429 60 28, fax (+48 12) 422 57 19
e-mail: wyspianski@janpol.com.pl

www.hotel-wyspianski.pl
Post 07 Sep 2006, 11:33
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
great HyperVista, thanks.

now we have to prepare something to present...
Post 07 Sep 2006, 11:47
HyperVista

HyperVista
oh no Shocked there is no pressure to present. it's really only a quiet setting to discuss technical aspects of FASM and to ask questions of Tomasz and newly made moderator before making the rounds at local pubs Cool no obligation to present, of course.
Post 07 Sep 2006, 12:04
MazeGen

MazeGen
Many thanks, HyperVista, for arranging the conference!

Quote:
MazeGen's english is not good too Wink

But don't forget I'll be just a mascot, sitting in the corner, watching the turmoil Very Happy

Maybe I'll try to prepare something simple about x86 code obfuscation and we'll see if there is some time and some interest in it since it is not related to FASM.
Post 07 Sep 2006, 12:34
tom tobias

tom tobias
Quote:

There is highspeed internet connectivity in the conference room so we'll need to start thinking about the possiblity of streaming video of the technical discussions to the rest of the FASM community who can't attend.

Outstanding accomplishment Hypervista. Hurrah! Organized, structured, this will be the first great gathering! Now, what about the Chinese? (Correct me if I am in error, here, but isn't 15:30 in Krakow, equal to 20:30 in BeiJing, and 07:30 in Philadelphia?) Remember a year ago, I sought to inquire WHY FASM was blocked by censors in China? Everyone knows, I guess, that one can take the train direct from ZhengZhou to Amsterdam, changing in Warsaw for Krakow!!! This technical session, organized by Hypervista, will certainly also be appreciated in live streaming video by folks in other countries in Asia, (Japan, Malaysia, Australia, VietNam et al) as well as a huge number of programmers and scientists in Russia, many of whom will feel shy about English. So, for NEXT year, we must already commence thinking how to get simulcast translations from English to many other languages, for Mikolaj and Ozzy ARE IN THE MAJORITY of forum participants. English is NOT a trivial problem, and I guess that is perhaps why more folks from Russia and Turkey, and so on are unable to attend the gathering, despite having no ocean to cross!!! (No excuses for Scottish rugby players, Norwegian fishermen, and Persian carpet makers!)
Anyway, despite huge obstacles, Well done, Hypervista.
Smile
Post 07 Sep 2006, 12:40
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
splitted obfuscation offtopic into separate thread:
http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=5796

question remains:
tom tobias: are you willing to come?
Post 07 Sep 2006, 13:17
MazeGen

MazeGen
HyperVista wrote:
MazeGen wrote:
But don't forget I'll be just a mascot, sitting in the corner, watching the turmoil Very Happy

me too!

OK, any other mascots? Very Happy
Post 07 Sep 2006, 13:26
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
MazeGen wrote:
HyperVista wrote:
MazeGen wrote:
me too!
OK, any other mascots? Very Happy
I will be after FHJE 2 Wink
Post 07 Sep 2006, 13:28
OzzY

OzzY
HiperVista: Yes, Buenos Aires is in Argentina. Lots of people confuse. Laughing

And both Rio and BA (where I live) have the most famous carnival in the world. I also have family in Rio, so it would be great!
If not married, carnival is great to just have have fun, drink beer and appreciate nice women!
Post 07 Sep 2006, 13:56
Reverend

Reverend
For now I can't say for sure, but there's a chance I'll also be there on a meeting Smile

Btw. In Poland we have not only beers for 1 zl (0.3$) but also so-called "cheap wines" for 3.5 zl (1$) haha Wink.
One of the best polish wines Smile. Both only for hardcore drinkers.
Post 10 Sep 2006, 12:55
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
yup, we also have them - great thing
btw, it's called Čúčo Wink
one of my favourites
Post 10 Sep 2006, 15:13

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: