flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > party

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vid
Verbosity in development

i must be the one holding bottle Wink

btw, we have same-shaped bottle at home
Post 25 Aug 2006, 13:21
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
MHajduk

FASM coders' meeting, September 2006, Cracow - second day:

This "photo from the future" looks better. Am I right? Wink

Description: Jacob Jordaens, "Bean Feast", Art History Museum, Vienna.
Filesize: 129.33 KB
Viewed: 4705 Time(s)

BeanFeast.jpg

Last edited by MHajduk on 06 May 2007, 15:16; edited 2 times in total
Post 25 Aug 2006, 15:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
HyperVista

LOL Mhajduk!! Laughing
Post 25 Aug 2006, 16:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Madis731

Ok, lets be serious for a moment and put some schedule up because I have to book the bus tickets and for that I have to know about when the party begins and when it ends. Also I'd like to know some address because Krakow is huge and I don't want to travel by taxi all the time because taxis are very expensive in Poland. If I knew the place, I'd book a hotel near that place so I can travel by foot. ~3km radius - a 30min walk...

I think that when I arrive 29th at 1600hrs it would be fine because partys don't usually start in the morning Razz
I have also though about 30th and that I could start travelling back about 1100hrs.

Tell your thoughts and maybe I'll schedule some other times. If the sleep-over is at Tomasz's house then I'm fine with that too Very Happy of course
"slumber-party" Razz
Post 04 Sep 2006, 11:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
HyperVista

I echo Madis731's sentiment. I plan on arriving on Thursday around 1400 so I can adjust to the time differrence. I have a return flight early Sunday morning.

In addition to the cammeraderie with fellow FASMers, I'd like to hear some discussion on a variety of topics we've discussed here on this board. A few that I throw out for discussion are:

- Giving an ARM to FASM
- FASM 2.0
- Debugging support
- ???? others ????

If everyone is interested, I can talk about hypervisors and the new instruction set that supports virtualization in hardware.

It appears Saturday the 30th is the best day for serious / technical discussion.

@Tomasz - if you have difficulty locating a suitable room to host the technical discussion, I can inquire at my hotel about renting a conference room Saturday afternoon. Let me know.
Post 04 Sep 2006, 12:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

Quote:
- Debugging support

state is this: it will almost 100% need some own debugging format, because there is no widespread one strong enough for FASM. Then, we will have to write tools that will translate this format to others, with some limitations, like:
Code:
label a at eax+10
mov [a], ebx    
will be translated to
Code:
label a at 10
mov [eax+a], ebx    
etc...

btw, i plan to use FASMLIB as tool to write these apps, so they will be portable like FASM (well... not THAT much Smile )

it's just on tomasz to think about and write this

Quote:
FASM 2.0

i am going to arrive at 22
i think #1 line should be "completed" first with debugging symbols, if all effort would go here, we will have two "incomplete" assemblers (sorry for strong word)

Quote:
If everyone is interested, I can talk about hypervisors and the new instruction set that supports virtualization in hardware.
of course we will be.

for me also taking control over winCE would be very interesting Wink
but of course it's know-how

Quote:
It appears Saturday the 30th is the best day for serious / technical discussion.

agree Wink
Post 04 Sep 2006, 14:19
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Madis731

The 'arm' could also mean a portability between x86 / ARM so we can discuss this a bit further...like how to write multi-platform programs in FASM. Win32/Linux is already possible, but what needs to be done to take the best from both worlds and assemble ARM/x86 portable programs...

...maybe utopia on the other 'hand' Very Happy (arm, get it?), but still possible to some extent.

Virtualizing is powerful technology (y) - needs to be discussed on...
Post 04 Sep 2006, 14:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

Quote:
assemble ARM/x86 portable programs

not such utopia, but then it wouldn't be assembler. i would rather call it superstition, not utopia, there is C for this. maybe we could do some asm->arm macros, or arm->asm macros, but it would be unefficient, and there is no reason to use assembler then

Last edited by vid on 05 Sep 2006, 10:24; edited 1 time in total
Post 04 Sep 2006, 19:21
MazeGen

Me and vid will arive by train at 20:30 in Krakow Glowny. We will leave the party Sunday morning.

It would be nice to hear something about some cheap accommodation in Krakow from Tomasz (you know, some small dirty room is enough Wink)

BTW, I got stuck in some personal issues but I will do my best to come and see you all Smile
Post 05 Sep 2006, 10:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
HyperVista

I'll be arriving from Washington, DC via Munchen on Thursday the 28th at 1630 (arriving a day early to adjust to the time change and see some of Krakow while still sober).

I'll be staying at the PTTK Wyspianski hotel - UI Westerplatte 15 - Krakow WO 31-033. Phone number +48 (12) 42 96028.

@vid and MazeGen - evidently this hotel is very close to the train station you guys are arriving at (Krakow - Glowny). The hotel is between the train station and the post office. I can meet you at the train station when you arrive, unless Tomasz has other arrangements he wants us to follow.
Post 06 Sep 2006, 01:13
vid
Verbosity in development

Quote:
@vid and MazeGen - evidently this hotel is very close to the train station you guys are arriving at (Krakow - Glowny). The hotel is between the train station and the post office. I can meet you at the train station when you arrive, unless Tomasz has other arrangements he wants us to follow.

great! You know how we "look" like, so you can find us Smile
got any good online maps of krakow, or how do you know?
Post 06 Sep 2006, 06:54
Madis731

HyperVista - do you have any concrete plans for that day? Maybe I'm interested in joining in with you and explore the magic of Krakow together. Do you think that the hotel is a wise choice because Krakow is huge and maybe we need to travel a lot?
Though, if you have plans about renting a conference room there at the hotel, maybe its the most efficient when I stay at the same hote.
Hmm, I still haven't heard of the exact location where everything takes place!?...
Post 06 Sep 2006, 08:20
HyperVista

@vid - the on-line hotel information mentioned it's location relative to the train station.

when i travel in Europe, I always use www.mappy.co.uk

here's a mappy link of Krakow (if the information carries throught the link, the hotel is number 8 on the map. http://tinyurl.com/htnmx

i'll try to get a picture and "introduction" of myself up on the board this weekend so you will know what i look like too.

@Madis731 - i'd love to hook up with you on Thurs afternoon. i think we'll have most of fri too to explore since some of the folks aren't arriving until later that day. as the 28th gets closer, we'll arrange exact time and place to meet. i'm looking forward to meeting you.

regarding the choice of hotel ..... i just picked this one because it's close to the old town area (pubs!!). if it's not close to where Tomasz wants to meet, i'll just use tram, bus, taxi, walk.... (er ... stagger). time is running out and i felt i should go forward with hotel reservations now.
Post 06 Sep 2006, 10:30
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

I live about 30 minutes walk from the center (and, in fact, the most of places that would be important for us are not farther than that - myself I usually go everywhere on foot in Kraków, unless I'm in hurry. However my place is way too small to organize anything there.

As for the cheap accomodation - in fact, in Kraków there are so many of such places (due to large amount of turists) that I know just a tiny percent of them, and thus I don't really know what would be cheapest. These ones are not expensive if you get a single room for a few people - if only there's a place available.

Also, the initial idea was perhaps not much more than spending some time in one of pubs (or more than just one - Kraków has plenty of good ones Wink), but it appears now we are going to make some inofficial conference. How many people are going to arrive?

PS. The best online map of Kraków I know is http://krakow.tv/ (Polish only, though).
Post 06 Sep 2006, 10:42
Madis731

There was an earlier post that summarized the participants:
tomasz, me, mazegen, hypervista, zhak, madis
that "me" was the poster vid Smile
Post 06 Sep 2006, 10:49
HyperVista

Thanks for the info Tomasz. Would you care to join me and perhaps Madis731 for dinner on Thursday evening? Naturally, anyone else arriving on Thursday is welcome too.

I think the main idea is still to enjoy some pub time in Krakow with fellow FASM programmers. But I think it would be nice also to spend some time (a few hours at most) discussing technical issues of interest regarding FASM in a relatively quiet setting (more quiet than a pub, that is Very Happy ). Since some of the folks aren't arriving until late Friday afternoon/early evening, the best time for a few hour technical discussion would be Saturday afternoon (just prior to another round of pub crawling Idea ). The hotel I'm staying at has several conference rooms. If you don't object, I can rent a conference room there for a few hours on Saturday and we can sit around and talk technical about FASM and ask each other questions, etc. If you would rather not do the technical discussion meeting, that's fine too. I'm interested in learning your thoughts on this so I can make the arrangements with the hotel conference room, or not.
Post 06 Sep 2006, 11:09
vid
Verbosity in development

how about auto-sendig invitation to above-100 posters to e-mail?
Post 06 Sep 2006, 11:10
Madis731

You mean posters with >=100 posts in their lifetime in this forum?
Post 06 Sep 2006, 11:29
vid
Verbosity in development

yup
Post 06 Sep 2006, 11:35
HyperVista

vid, no offense, but limiting it to members who posted more than 100 might be too exclusionary. for example, that would exclude MHajduk (who lives in Poland). I'd love to meet him just to disuss his finite automata in FASM project. why not just a general announcement and those who can come should come (might turn out to be like woodstock Laughing ).
Post 06 Sep 2006, 11:38

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: