flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Feedback > Finding no-longer-necessary attachments

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Tomasz Grysztar

Tomasz Grysztar
Since the total size of attachments is slowly approaching the quota, and I don't want to increase the quota without a real need, I ask anyone that notices some attachment (especially those with huge sizes) that could be removed or replaced by an external link, to report it to me (you can post reports in this thread).

I have also temporarily reduced the maximum allowed size of attachment to 320 kilobytes.
Post 08 Apr 2006, 19:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
decard

decard
Hint: change default style in your profile to subSilver - then click on your nick at the bottom of index page (view profile). There you will have link to "user attachement control panel" where you can easily manage all your files.
Don't forget to go back to default style - subSilver is ugly Twisted Evil
Post 08 Apr 2006, 21:11
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Madis731

Madis731
Strange that is wan't possible with my favourite skin Sad

I hope you are proud of me Very Happy because I've posted about 2% of the total posts, but by attachment stats are standing now:
Uploaded: 125.82 KB / Quota: 5 MB / 2% of total

At least I'm proud of myself Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Last edited by Madis731 on 09 Apr 2006, 08:52; edited 2 times in total
Post 08 Apr 2006, 21:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Tomasz Grysztar

Tomasz Grysztar
Oh, I forgot to add it to this theme? I'm correcting it right now! Wink
Post 08 Apr 2006, 22:01
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
tip,
if you had hided your online status, you need to set it to unhide so that you could click your nick on the Who is Online panel (bottom of the index page)

my stats
[Uploaded: 1.85 MB / Quota: 5 MB / 37% of total]
i'm correcting them now, try to move away those attachments.

reduced to
[Uploaded: 530.41 KB / Quota: 5 MB / 10% of total]
guess it should be OK now Smile

i just thought, it maybe possible the small files are taking more hd space. coz if the allocation unit size for a partition is 16KB, even a 1kb attachement would be represented as 16kb.

does phpbb board stores attachment in database? or raw filesystem.?
Post 09 Apr 2006, 11:28
Tomasz Grysztar

Tomasz Grysztar
You can also find your profile on the "Members list"

As for the attachments, they are stored in filesystem which I have no control of (this website is on the virtual server), and so it's only the total size that counts for me.
Post 09 Apr 2006, 12:41
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
so HOW can i find my uploaded size?
Post 09 Apr 2006, 21:35
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
LocoDelAssembly
Your code has a bug

LocoDelAssembly
Should I remove http://board.flatassembler.net/download.php?id=1728 ? It's the opcodes help from Hutch's MASM package but I can't find a link to that, I only have the link to the entire huge package...

Well, I'd removed some files but I had not too much things and some files was already deleted not by me but it's ok, possibly those files was junk.
Post 09 Apr 2006, 22:22
Tomasz Grysztar

Tomasz Grysztar
vid wrote:
so HOW can i find my uploaded size?

When you have posted at least once, you can just click on the "Profile" icon in your own post.
Post 09 Apr 2006, 22:28
shoorick

shoorick
this topic can be removed:
http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=30385#30385
these pictures - on your decision Wink :
http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=34813#34813
http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=29922#29922
other (eg. setupbox, install) - can be used as examples
this tasm example - on your decision (do not see it important, but popular Wink )
http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=30833#30833

thanks

Post 10 Apr 2006, 06:20
madmatt

madmatt
Hi Tomasz,
You can remove all of my large attachements, I have my own website now. I will post all of my major work on there now. Thanks.
Post 10 Apr 2006, 09:53
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
madmatt: YOU could remove them, no?
Post 10 Apr 2006, 10:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
pelaillo
Missing in inaction

pelaillo
I've cut some fat, the rest a little later: the goal is 0%

[Uploaded: 219.56 KB / Quota: 5 MB / 4% of total]
Post 10 Apr 2006, 15:10
madmatt

madmatt
vid: Yeh, your right. Just figured out how to do it.
Post 11 Apr 2006, 06:17
RedGhost

RedGhost
i have removed my 200kb+ image picture from this thread http://www.board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=31298#31298 and replaced it with a [img]url[/img], you could save those attachments upload them to some place (imageshack.us works) and replace the attachment with the img, or just pm them and ask them Smile

Post 11 Apr 2006, 17:15
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Madis731

Madis731
Hmm, I don't know if it is the database or the connection, but have you guys also seen the wierd tricks the board is playing lately.

I think what happened here is that the databases are not used to deleting stuff so their indexes are invalid and while they are recreated, the database acts slow. Or would there be another explanation.

Could the board be instructed to optimize its tables - now that we have cut its size down a lot.
Post 11 Apr 2006, 18:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Matrix

Matrix
Madis731 wrote:
Hmm, I don't know if it is the database or the connection, but have you guys also seen the wierd tricks the board is playing lately.

I think what happened here is that the databases are not used to deleting stuff so their indexes are invalid and while they are recreated, the database acts slow. Or would there be another explanation.

Could the board be instructed to optimize its tables - now that we have cut its size down a lot.

Might there be fragmentation? because of the many delete, recreate threads?
Post 11 Apr 2006, 19:55
rugxulo

rugxulo
Wouldn't recompressing everything with 7-Zip instead of normal .ZIP help more than just deleting lots of (potentially useful albeit esoteric) stuff?

[EDIT] 7-Zip works in DOS, too, either using the Win32 console .EXE plus HXRT or try the unofficial DOS port at http://blairdude.googlepages.com/p7zip (untested by me) [/EDIT]

Last edited by rugxulo on 13 Apr 2006, 12:57; edited 1 time in total
Post 12 Apr 2006, 00:36
Madis731

Madis731
I already have most of the posts in 7-zip Sad I even tryed PPMd-ing, but with a few kilobytes you only CAN get a few kilobytes off the top Wink
Post 12 Apr 2006, 06:47
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
by the way, is the site somehow rated by "clickthroughness" of ads? I mean - more clicks, more bandwidth and space. IF there is something like that we could surely make few clicks Smile
Post 12 Apr 2006, 13:32

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: