flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Feedback > Rules for the message board

Should we have some rules for this forum?
Yes
55%
 55%  [ 11 ]
No
45%
 45%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 20

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
scientica
Retired moderator

What about setting up some rules, like it has been done on the win32asmcommunity.
I don't think that posts about virii stuff should be allowed, I'm sure there are at least some that agree with me. As we can see this forum has gotten it's first virii post Crying or Very sad (which is IMO nothing to be happy about).

... a professor saying: "use this proprietary software to learn computer science" is the same as English professor handing you a copy of Shakespeare and saying: "use this book to learn Shakespeare without opening the book itself.
- Bradley Kuhn
Post 01 Aug 2003, 14:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Betov

If you don't want to answer to Virii Posts, the answer is: "We don't answer to Virii Posts". Period.

Betov.

PS, If This Board would have the same rules as the ones at the Evil Board, i would simply no more post anything here. (As i do no more post either at the last Boards, i have not yet been ban from, i will have plenty of time to talk to myself...).
Post 01 Aug 2003, 15:07
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
scientica
Retired moderator

Betov wrote:
the same rules as the ones at the Evil Board

Laughing I never said "what about copying the rules from another board", what I'm proposing is simply some basic rules, like, "virii posts are not allowed in this message board".

... a professor saying: "use this proprietary software to learn computer science" is the same as English professor handing you a copy of Shakespeare and saying: "use this book to learn Shakespeare without opening the book itself.
- Bradley Kuhn
Post 01 Aug 2003, 15:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
JohnFound

Privalov have his own rules and apply them very quick and without compromises. So we have the rules here IMO. Very Happy
Post 01 Aug 2003, 15:59
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Tell me: have you read the Registration Agreement Terms, which each phpBB board has by default? At least you had to agree to them when you were registering.
Post 01 Aug 2003, 17:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
scientica
Retired moderator

Yes, but it doesn't mention virii related posts directly.
Quote:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws.

The part about virii may fall unde the "material that may violate any applicable laws", but I don't think it's illegal to code viruses, is it?

- Bradley Kuhn
Post 01 Aug 2003, 17:54
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

It probably depends on the law in different countries. I think that from the point of view of Polish law it's illegal, because it's just something like making some illegal weapon. Wink
Post 01 Aug 2003, 18:33
scientica
Retired moderator

Privalov wrote:
I think that from the point of view of Polish law it's illegal, because it's just something like making some illegal weapon. Wink

Good point, viruses are weapons, but there is one little detail, I think the laws that apply are the laws in the country where the server is located, or is the law in the country where the poster is when (s)he posts the post?.

- Bradley Kuhn
Post 01 Aug 2003, 18:55
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

The law which the administrator/moderator wants to use. Very Happy
Post 01 Aug 2003, 18:57
Matrix

Hy all

i have set up a test Posting Rules Announcement thread @ Test Area

http://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=2446

very basic rules and they might not be negative to anyone
it is nice to let the posters know their rights
i put in a little manners note too
recommendations welcome
Post 19 Oct 2004, 14:10
decard

setting some rules and making they visible for everyone, (like on the other forums), wouldn't hurt anyone anyway.
Post 19 Oct 2004, 14:16

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: