flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > Career Shift

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
pool

Anyone sucessful career shifter here? Could you share some tips?
Post 31 Mar 2019, 14:14
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
Follow our hobby, our passion, realize that life is too short to waste it on things that we don't really sincerely matter.
Post 31 Mar 2019, 14:27
MHajduk

People used to say: "Follow your dreams" but not every dream may come true. If you stake on your dreams you can lose (predominantly) or win (rarely).

Better is to say: "Follow your plans" because planning gives you at least a method of walking through your everyday life from one (small) success to another one, step by step.
Post 31 Mar 2019, 19:00
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

Go for it. Change your career, your religion, your accommodation, your language, your country, everything. I wholly recommend it. Get a new perspective on life. Live like the other people live and see what it is all about.

Blind patriotism and loyalty are for people that don't have anything else to compare with. Informed patriotism and loyalty are for people who have seen the world first hand and know what is the best for them.
Post 01 Apr 2019, 05:57
bitRAKE

Variety is the spice of life.

Security is to know your surroundings.

Network with people in your desired path.

Plan and be willing to struggle through learning periods (for your body and mind).

Quell short-term expectations.

Post 01 Apr 2019, 15:24
Furs

Code:
shl Career, 7    
Post 01 Apr 2019, 15:27
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Furs wrote:
Code:
shl Career, 7    
Beware, with overflow you might end up at zero.
Post 01 Apr 2019, 15:35
MHajduk

revolution wrote:
Go for it. Change your career, your religion, your accommodation, your language, your country, everything. I wholly recommend it.
Seems that you forget that there may exist bonds or obligations that are unbreakable or at least hardly breakable.

Moreover, "changing religion" is only changing your thinking scheme (borrowed or inherited from others), not an "improvement" or a real "shift" in any direction.
revolution wrote:
Get a new perspective on life.
Usually, when you think you have just found a new perspective on life, you have just been deceived by another illusion created (intentionally) by others.
revolution wrote:
Live like the other people live and see what it is all about.
Live your own way of life. People are often mistaken. It is true even in a macro scale and refers to the whole nations or bigger groups. "Living like others" is quite often just reproducing someone's errant ways.
revolution wrote:
Blind patriotism and loyalty are for people that don't have anything else to compare with. Informed patriotism and loyalty are for people who have seen the world first hand and know what is the best for them.
These two sentences are true if taken in a very broad context but may be inadequate when written in a post that may be treated as a response to my previous post (if you see "Poland" in someone's location don't "launch" a typical thinking scheme present in mass media).
Post 02 Apr 2019, 10:56
revolution

MHajduk wrote:
Seems that you forget that there may exist bonds or obligations that are unbreakable or at least hardly breakable.
If it isn't possible then so be it. But if one is really motivated wonderful things can happen.
MHajduk wrote:
Moreover, "changing religion" is only changing your thinking scheme (borrowed or inherited from others), not an "improvement" or a real "shift" in any direction.
That is correct. But I don't see why changing to another thinking scheme is bad. If one never tries one can never know what suits them best. Everything we do is about how we think about it. I think it is bad to box oneself into only one way of thinking.
MHajduk wrote:
Usually, when you think you have just found a new perspective on life, you have just been deceived by another illusion created (intentionally) by others.
Sure. So why not try other illusions to see which one is "better".
MHajduk wrote:
Live your own way of life. People are often mistaken. It is true even in a macro scale and refers to the whole nations or bigger groups. "Living like others" is quite often just reproducing someone's errant ways.
Well that is kind of the point. "Your own way of life" needs to be found. If one never tries other ways how can they know which way best suits them.
MHajduk wrote:
revolution wrote:
These two sentences are true if taken in a very broad context but may be inadequate when written in a post that may be treated as a response to my previous post (if you see "Poland" in someone's location don't "launch" a typical thinking scheme present in mass media).
I've met too many people around the world that are so deeply "brainwashed" by their local media that they proudly claim their country is the best. It is so sad for me to see such blind patriotism. These are the sorts of things that perpetuate wars. The attitude of "we are better than them" when they have never even seen the "them", only what they have been told by their local news.

So I always encourage people to travel and change things (change themselves) as much as possible. Sometimes we travel somewhere and hate it. Well such is life. Move on to the next thing and maybe we grow to love that. The point being unless we try we will never know.
Post 02 Apr 2019, 14:14
MHajduk

revolution wrote:
MHajduk wrote:
That is correct. But I don't see why changing to another thinking scheme is bad. If one never tries one can never know what suits them best. Everything we do is about how we think about it. I think it is bad to box oneself into only one way of thinking.
You don't need necessarily to accept already "baked" thinking schemes. You can always go Cartesian way, reject all schemes and become skeptic.
revolution wrote:
I've met too many people around the world that are so deeply "brainwashed" by their local media that they proudly claim their country is the best. It is so sad for me to see such blind patriotism. These are the sorts of things that perpetuate wars. The attitude of "we are better than them" when they have never even seen the "them", only what they have been told by their local news.

So I always encourage people to travel and change things (change themselves) as much as possible. Sometimes we travel somewhere and hate it. Well such is life. Move on to the next thing and maybe we grow to love that. The point being unless we try we will never know.
Even in countries where propaganda does its best you can still immunize to that just trying to find some inconsistencies in a promoted worldview. It's enough to compare what you have been told with that you can see with bare eye.
Post 02 Apr 2019, 17:36
revolution

MHajduk wrote:
You don't need necessarily to accept already "baked" thinking schemes. You can always go Cartesian way, reject all schemes and become skeptic.
Yes, you are right. But part of that process is to see what others are offering. That includes others that are offering a no belief system. It's all just a belief system anyway since there is no proof either way. So let's encourage people to find the belief system that they like the best, rather than just follow the local norms in their area.
MHajduk wrote:
Even in countries where propaganda does its best you can still immunize to that just trying to find some inconsistencies in a promoted worldview. It's enough to compare what you have been told with that you can see with bare eye.
But you can only see what is around you. If the place around you never changes (i.e you never go anywhere) then you always see only one thing. Hence the "we are the best" attitude because the local media tells them that, and they have nothing to compare it with. Approx. half of all USA citizens have never had a passport! That is awful IMO. They see only one culture 24/7. Get out more. See the world. Do new things. Meet new people. Eat new food. Watch different propaganda from other places. Listen to sermons/opinions from other belief systems. But most of all: program more assembly code. Smile
Post 02 Apr 2019, 18:22
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
Ideas built from scratch,
Ideas built by watching other ideas, making changes to those, add, remove, change and final it into evolved/devolved ideas.

And surely we are easily affected by produced solutions, till the state we couldn't walk out from that ideas and believe that it is the only way how things should work.

Just take a look how Apple evolved the way people using phone, the rule of thumb is always high gains high risks, low gains low risks.

Bad ideas? Sure, they exists to show case as a comparison to great ideas.

Then we come to a great question, how many people capable and willing to code an OS from scratch? Laughing That distribution should be very exact to how many people willing to build ideas, thinking, conclusion, belief from scratch.
Post 03 Apr 2019, 15:39
edfed

Tomasz Grysztar wrote:
Furs wrote:
Code:
shl Career, 7    
Beware, with overflow you might end up at zero.

that's why i prefer rotation
Code:
rol qword[career],7

i don't think there are really shift in careers, just you stop/pause a task and go for another. what is a career then? is your life a set of jobs?

Post 15 Apr 2019, 07:39
pool

Thanks,

I still want to shift my career from plc and softtare into pure software programming.
But employers told me that my course is not related to Computer, even though I passed their test.

So which Computer field fits me?
Post 16 Apr 2019, 04:01
revolution

If your employer is not willing to listen to you then find another. IMO the best way to approach it is to simply tell your employer that you feel they are not listening and you are interested to find something else. I've seen people that do the opposite and quietly suffer in silence doing things they don't enjoy. And when they finally leave due to dissatisfaction the boss says "if you had told us then we could have made it better for you". And if you tell your employer and they still do nothing then you know the place is not a suitable place to be.

As for your question "So which Computer field fits me?". No one can answer that for you. Probably you also can't answer that for you either. You will have to try different options to see which works out for you. For my personal case I went through many different places until I finally found the one that really suited me well. No sense in hanging around for too long to "show loyalty" or something when you are pining for something else.
Post 16 Apr 2019, 04:22
sleepsleep

just shift to freelancer, having 24 hours by ourselves, Laughing

time is too short to waste it on things don't matter to us.
Post 16 Apr 2019, 06:42
edfed

as revolution says, if your current function don't fit your desire, tell to your boss, but i doubt it will be ok for him to give you a better place as he still have a place for you. employment is a very complex domain, and the best way to get a better job is to find another company.
at this moment, you can propose your skills and salary as a base to an employer who's sees you as you come to him (as he called to you), not has he used to see you as long as you were in his "kingdom".
Post 16 Apr 2019, 07:38

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: