flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Feedback > Assembly programming stream

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Would you watch and/or participate?
Yes
77%
 77%  [ 14 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Undecided
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 18

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Ali.Z

when you will stream again tomasz?
i feel like i have been waiting for long man, lol.

Post 02 Jan 2019, 21:51
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Next week, according to the plan.
Post 02 Jan 2019, 21:55
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ProMiNick

according to the plan... Is shedule of topics is ready? Could thou prerelease it?
Post 03 Jan 2019, 10:26
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Depending on viewers' participation and questions I'm prepared to follow the topics in various directions and the more complex ones can expand into a couple of "episodes", so I'm probably going to re-make the schedule on a regular basis.

I hope to start again on Monday, I'm going to announce it after I re-check that everything is in place. I'm thinking of showing some basic tricks, how to work with fasm in various environments etc. But if you have another suggestion, please let me know.
Post 03 Jan 2019, 13:08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ali.Z

Tomasz Grysztar wrote:
I'm going to announce it after I re-check that everything is in place. I'm thinking of showing some basic tricks

yes please, tricks always appreciated and useful.

Post 03 Jan 2019, 13:21
Ali.Z

how is tomasz today?
do you feel better?
i hope you get well soon!

Post 13 Feb 2019, 13:36
Fltassmblr

Hi, Tomasz, and all you assembler-coders!

First of all I want to thank you, Tomasz, for your great job on FASM.

Now the longer story: After about 25 years without assembler - what I did for 10 years on the 8086 - I am coming back (I hope) and will start again and will use FASM as the assembler of my choice.

So many things have changed the last decades, not only in social or political things, but especially in hard- and software. Would have anybody guessed that there will be a need of more then 640k of RAM, or the overwhelming revolution of mobiles while coding your first "hello world" in the early 80's ? Nobody, I think.

My intention is to leave the old stuff behind me. 64 bit is the future for the next decades. I will no longer code in 8, 16 or 32 bit if possible - there is no need except to support old stuff. For those who want to: Just do it!

Nowadays we have 64 bit CPUs, working for 64 bit OSs. GPUs are some steps ahead. The MBR (what I really loved that days) and with it the CHS-structure dies out; the 2TB-limit is beaten with newer technologies. Sizes of HDDs, SSDs, USBs and whatever are still growing and will cross the petabyte-border in the very near future.

To leave the hard-learned things behind is a hard lesson, and many will never take it.

What am I expecting?
- the very first steps to create code for booting my own "OS" (what is, again, a hello-world-program)
- nothing about "Once upon a time there where 8, 16, and 32 bit CPUs..." because really everyone who is interessted in coding will know that - and that is enough to know about it
- a tutorial that is not the egg-laying jack of all trades, but that starts at the on-off-switch and leads to the first self-coded on-screen-letters

I know it will be a harder lesson for me to learn this new stuff - much harder than that long time ago. But I think I am still that excited, and I would really get happy to get it go.

That is all I wanted to write, I think. But whatever you, Tomasz, will stream for assembler-coding, I will watch Smile
Post 16 Apr 2019, 00:23
Estece

Hi Tomasz Grysztar!
I want a stream where You show how to use of fasmg syntax with every single instruction of fasmg.
I want that You give a exampleS for use of every single instruction of fasmg.As many simple examples as there is corresponding instructions and usages of such instruction.
I want that You give those examples where You use DISPLAY instruction for every example of using other fasmg insturction with clear INPUT and OUTPUT.
FASMG is a great tool, but only You can use it from the memory because You created it, i didn't and the documatation have too many words and too few CLEAR examples and that's why the documentation is bad for me and others!
How i can use Your's great tool when i'm so confused even when i compile the example code and i have NO CLEAR and SIMPLE understanding what was the INPUT and what is the OUTPUT?
Pozdrawiam rodaka:)
Post 22 Jun 2019, 02:40

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: