flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > Win32 C Source Codes from Programming Windows, 5th Edition

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
yeohhs

Quote:
Programming Windows by Charles Petzold is a tutorial for programmers wishing to write applications for Windows using the C programming language and the native Win32 application programming interface (API). Programs written using this book run under every version of Windows from Windows 95 through Windows XP and beyond. Knowledge of C is required.

Direct link to file:
http://charlespetzold.com/src/ProgWin5.zip

from this webpage:
http://charlespetzold.com/books.html
Post 18 Dec 2017, 07:02
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs

It says "Service unavailable".

But why is this in the Heap?
Post 18 Dec 2017, 12:44
yeohhs

Oh, but I downloaded the file yesterday. I thought the Heap because it's not asm code and not Flat Assembler-related. Smile
Post 18 Dec 2017, 22:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs

Right. I (mistakenly?) assume that every asm programmer must know C, didn't realize Razz Though still I think would fit more in Windows section -- pointless now though, still gives me "Service Unavailable" Confused

I mean, it's downloadable which is great. I have a thing for stocking/archiving things offline because it makes me feel safer since it will always be available when I need (this is perfect example right now of why online-only sucks). I absolutely cannot stand important documentation that is "online only" with no easy way to archive offline, like the MSDN these days. Sad (still have old offline copies of it)
Post 19 Dec 2017, 13:05
yeohhs

I prefer offline storage too. Smile It's copyrighted code. If not, I'd upload it here.
Post 19 Dec 2017, 23:09
yeohhs

Tested link today. It's working. Smile
Post 21 Dec 2017, 11:06
Furs

Thanks for the heads up.

Book looks pretty interesting also, at least for the lower level details than some of today's bloated APIs; good for archiving too. Smile (well, with a bit of search you can get it for free I suppose, though consider to support the author if it's useful to you)
Post 22 Dec 2017, 12:53

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: