flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > What can I buy with SMS?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MHajduk

What can I buy with SMS?

For the last few years I have accumulated some amount of money on my prepaid mobile phone account and I won't spend all of it for voice calls for sure.

The question is: what can I buy with SMS-es, I mean, what kind of (reasonable) services or goods could be bought with the use of premium SMS. Are there any internet shops that accept such kind of payment? I don't want to have all funds "frozen" on my mobile phone account, hence the question.
Post 12 Dec 2017, 22:05
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

The three main premium SMS services I know of are: 1) For donating to charities and other causes needing funds, 2) Entering competitions for winning some prize, and 3) Voting for something (maybe a TV show contestant or similar thing).
Post 13 Dec 2017, 07:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

revolution wrote:
The three main premium SMS services I know of are: 1) For donating to charities and other causes needing funds, 2) Entering competitions for winning some prize, and 3) Voting for something (maybe a TV show contestant or similar thing).

Thank you for your answer. I know all of these possibilities, of course, and I donate to charities every year this way. Seems that donations are still the most rational and useful of these three ways of spending funds accumulated on prepaid cellphone accounts.
Post 13 Dec 2017, 18:33
yeohhs

A year ago, when I was using a prepaid mobile phone, I had accumulated a huge pre-paid credit too. Fortunately, I could use it to buy mobile internet data.
Post 14 Dec 2017, 03:18
MHajduk

yeohhs wrote:
Fortunately, I could use it to buy mobile internet data.

Yes, this is another way of spending accumulated funds, especially if you can use your SIM card in a wireless modem (in case of emergency, for example, when your ADSL is down). BTW, I don't use a smartphone and have restricted myself to such simplistic cell phone as Nokia 105. Smile
Post 14 Dec 2017, 10:43
shoorick

maybe you can deal with somebody to send him mobile money and get back real, maybe even not 1:1, but anyway... Wink
Post 14 Dec 2017, 12:25
MHajduk

shoorick wrote:
maybe you can deal with somebody to send him mobile money and get back real, maybe even not 1:1, but anyway... Wink

That's easier said than done. Wink I have heard somewhere that if you have a postpaid mobile phone (i.e. phone subscription) then you can transfer some funds to someone's mobile phone account and this will charge your account (you'll see in your future bills) but in case of prepaid mobile phones it seems to be utterly problematic...
Post 14 Dec 2017, 21:32
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

MHajduk wrote:

shoorick wrote:

That's easier said than done. Wink I have heard somewhere that if you have a postpaid mobile phone (i.e. phone subscription) then you can transfer some funds to someone's mobile phone account and this will charge your account (you'll see in your future bills) but in case of prepaid mobile phones it seems to be utterly problematic...

I have managed to do it with one of the Polish prepaid cards ("Plus na Kartę"), though there is a limit how much you can transfer within a month, and also you cannot prolong someone's account validity this way.
Post 14 Dec 2017, 21:37
MHajduk

Tomasz Grysztar wrote:
I have managed to do it with one of the Polish prepaid cards ("Plus na Kartę"), though there is a limit how much you can transfer within a month, and also you cannot prolong someone's account validity this way.

Sounds promising. I should check if T-Mobile allows similar operations. Smile
Post 14 Dec 2017, 21:47
shoorick

yes, it's a very specific situation. there were two guys at my work. one had an action: if he were pay certain sum, he got free minutes for a month - it was enough to him to speak, so, he immediatelly transfer money to another guy, who spent them to mobile internet. it was until action end, too long btw Wink
Post 15 Dec 2017, 10:43

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: