flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > movie thread (no ext/int politic plez)

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
movie thread (no ext/int politic plez)
okie,
just watched the 300
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/300_(film)

wat you want to watch today? (ms sounds Laughing Laughing )
Post 22 Mar 2007, 04:14
vid
Verbosity in development

i would like to see southpark 11/3, but i must preserverve bandwidth this month Sad Sad

otherwise, i would like to see UHF by Al Yankovic
Post 22 Mar 2007, 10:03
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
arafel

300:
Most of the dialog was laughable, but the amount of eye candy definitely compensated for it. Fighting scenes were plain awesome imo.

Will be re watching Code 46 tonight. Beautiful Orwellian type film. ->link<-

Post 22 Mar 2007, 19:09
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
Post 23 Mar 2007, 15:45
OzzY

300 looks awesome. The fighting scenes are just beautiful! I think the history will be great too. Can't wait to see it. (I will see it next week).

Other than that, i'm waiting for spider-man 3! Very Happy
Post 26 Mar 2007, 19:50
tom tobias

Ozzy wrote:
I think the history will be great too.

hmm. well, there's a couple of questions lurking in the back of my mind, though this avenue of inquiry will doubtless lead to howls of protest about "no politics". First, what was of such military significance to the Persians that they would throw away tens of thousands of soldier's lives fighting the 300 Spartans entrenched in an unassailable mountain pass? Secondly, why were the Greeks so determined to hold this pass at all costs, i.e. even accepting the total annhilation of all the defenders? We see later, (a couple of centuries later...) that Alexander succeeded, where this group failed, to dislodge the Persians who ruled from Egypt to India for a couple hundred years at least. In those days (oops, now we are violating the no religion clause!) Zoroastrianism was the official Persian state religion. Recently, (i.e. last week!) the Zoroastrians, AND official Iranian government alike, celebrated the new year, an ancient tradition carried over into modern day Persia, (which, while having converted officially to the Islamic branch of Judaism, and having repudiated their "homegrown" religion of Zarathustra, nevertheless, still maintains the calendar from 3000 years ago.) Zoroastrianism's superiority as a religion is attested to by preservation of this truly ancient tradition, i.e. Spring equinox equates, LOGICALLY, to the new year. One may or may not like Zarathustra, but for my money, his ideas were VASTLY superior to the other monotheists, at least some of whom were imprisoned, in those days, in Baghdad, if I am not mistaken, where they fell under the influence of this famous Persian religion, Zoroastrianism....Yes, it is very curious how the Jews, unknown to most of them, copied some parts of Zoroastrianism, and integrated it into their own religion. But, I doubt that the Hollywood (== 99% Jews) version of the 300 will illustrate any of these points. Incidently, for those looking beyond ancient Greece, to the Chinese silk route (active in those days, two thousand five hundred years ago,), it is quite interesting that Bukhara and Samarkand, both important rest stops for the caravans travelling back and forth on this ancient highway, (i.e. modern day Uzbekistan--i.e. uzbek is a member of the TURKISH-MONGOLIAN language group, not Persian) followed Zoroastrianism too, and just last week Uzbekistan also, celebrated the new year, in complete oblivion of Zarathustra. Now, that would make an interesting movie: How the Chinese troops fought off marauding bandits in the desertic terrain in an effort to reach the Bosporus to trade with the Europeans, hmm, ok, maybe that's why Greece and Persia were fighting over that narrow passageway in the story of the 300??? It all comes down to money, right? The Chinese have it, and the west wants it....Those giant skyscrapers Tom Cruise is jumping around, and about, and over, in the movie Mission Impossible 3, are not computer generated. Those are genuine. And they are NUMEROUS. Huge, beautiful, just part, the Eastern part, of ShangHai. Better get the shovel in the wagon Europe, if you don't wish to be left behind, China has awakened and is rolling forward, gathering steam....I think USA's imperial days are approaching the end. China, not USA, will soon become the world's dominant military power...Say, I wonder why the Persian army didn't just steal the Chinese merchants' goods...hmm, do you suppose the Chinese soldiers guarding the loot, may have had some small role to play, in preventing local troops, in addition to all the bandits, from attacking the caravan. I bet those Chinese soldiers had some harrowing stories of their own to relate, and they had no rocks, or caves to hide behind, or in, like the 300 Spartans... Smile
Post 26 Mar 2007, 20:56
sleepsleep

i watched this yesterday,
after been around a year i didn't step in the cinema :p :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_9

really nice, i strongly suggest u guys go and watch it

alien mothership uses minority reports movable touch panel. lol, i think that is what could be our future display device. possibly!!

official trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHihFA8q8xI
Post 19 Aug 2009, 00:32
Borsuc

tom tobias wrote:
First, what was of such military significance to the Persians that they would throw away tens of thousands of soldier's lives fighting the 300 Spartans entrenched in an unassailable mountain pass?

Pride and glory, but mostly pride.

tom tobias wrote:
Secondly, why were the Greeks so determined to hold this pass at all costs, i.e. even accepting the total annhilation of all the defenders?

same.

tom tobias wrote:
Those giant skyscrapers Tom Cruise is jumping around, and about, and over, in the movie Mission Impossible 3, are not computer generated. Those are genuine. And they are NUMEROUS. Huge, beautiful, just part, the Eastern part, of ShangHai.

beautiful? I think cities are ugly and bland.

tom tobias wrote:
Better get the shovel in the wagon Europe, if you don't wish to be left behind, China has awakened and is rolling forward, gathering steam....I think USA's imperial days are approaching the end. China, not USA, will soon become the world's dominant military power...

What the hell has this got to do with movies, even less so 300?

Post 19 Aug 2009, 17:24
Picnic

Last night i watched 2010: The Year We Make Contact and immediately Close Encounters of the Third Kind, i need a small sci-fi dose.
Earlier i saw on tv The talented mr. Ripley first time.
Friday night i watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, nice film.
Thursday i saw Angels & Demons, the sequel to The Da Vinci Code.
Post 30 Aug 2009, 10:22
Picnic

Last night i watched The Day After (1983), a film about the effects of a devastating nuclear holocaust on small-town residents of eastern Kansas.
Post 13 Sep 2009, 17:04
rugxulo

Saw Paul Blart: Mall Cop last week, it was fairly funny, esp. the part where he rocks out to "Detroit Rock City" (Kiss) on Rock Band. Laughing
Post 15 Sep 2009, 08:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

watched 2012 yesterday.
awesome and breathtaking!! just the leading actor too over lucky in that movie Smile
3 year before we get into 2012 and i know now, why so many people migrate to china Laughing
Post 16 Nov 2009, 22:53
sleepsleep

one of the movie that i wanna watch in cinema this month. (with 3D effects!!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(2009_film)
Post 07 Dec 2009, 22:00
kohlrak

tom tobias wrote:

Ozzy wrote:
I think the history will be great too.

hmm. well, there's a couple of questions lurking in the back of my mind, though this avenue of inquiry will doubtless lead to howls of protest about "no politics". First, what was of such military significance to the Persians that they would throw away tens of thousands of soldier's lives fighting the 300 Spartans entrenched in an unassailable mountain pass? Secondly, why were the Greeks so determined to hold this pass at all costs, i.e. even accepting the total annhilation of all the defenders? We see later, (a couple of centuries later...) that Alexander succeeded, where this group failed, to dislodge the Persians who ruled from Egypt to India for a couple hundred years at least. In those days (oops, now we are violating the no religion clause!) Zoroastrianism was the official Persian state religion. Recently, (i.e. last week!) the Zoroastrians, AND official Iranian government alike, celebrated the new year, an ancient tradition carried over into modern day Persia, (which, while having converted officially to the Islamic branch of Judaism, and having repudiated their "homegrown" religion of Zarathustra, nevertheless, still maintains the calendar from 3000 years ago.) Zoroastrianism's superiority as a religion is attested to by preservation of this truly ancient tradition, i.e. Spring equinox equates, LOGICALLY, to the new year. One may or may not like Zarathustra, but for my money, his ideas were VASTLY superior to the other monotheists, at least some of whom were imprisoned, in those days, in Baghdad, if I am not mistaken, where they fell under the influence of this famous Persian religion, Zoroastrianism....Yes, it is very curious how the Jews, unknown to most of them, copied some parts of Zoroastrianism, and integrated it into their own religion. But, I doubt that the Hollywood (== 99% Jews) version of the 300 will illustrate any of these points. Incidently, for those looking beyond ancient Greece, to the Chinese silk route (active in those days, two thousand five hundred years ago,), it is quite interesting that Bukhara and Samarkand, both important rest stops for the caravans travelling back and forth on this ancient highway, (i.e. modern day Uzbekistan--i.e. uzbek is a member of the TURKISH-MONGOLIAN language group, not Persian) followed Zoroastrianism too, and just last week Uzbekistan also, celebrated the new year, in complete oblivion of Zarathustra. Now, that would make an interesting movie: How the Chinese troops fought off marauding bandits in the desertic terrain in an effort to reach the Bosporus to trade with the Europeans, hmm, ok, maybe that's why Greece and Persia were fighting over that narrow passageway in the story of the 300??? It all comes down to money, right? The Chinese have it, and the west wants it....Those giant skyscrapers Tom Cruise is jumping around, and about, and over, in the movie Mission Impossible 3, are not computer generated. Those are genuine. And they are NUMEROUS. Huge, beautiful, just part, the Eastern part, of ShangHai. Better get the shovel in the wagon Europe, if you don't wish to be left behind, China has awakened and is rolling forward, gathering steam....I think USA's imperial days are approaching the end. China, not USA, will soon become the world's dominant military power...Say, I wonder why the Persian army didn't just steal the Chinese merchants' goods...hmm, do you suppose the Chinese soldiers guarding the loot, may have had some small role to play, in preventing local troops, in addition to all the bandits, from attacking the caravan. I bet those Chinese soldiers had some harrowing stories of their own to relate, and they had no rocks, or caves to hide behind, or in, like the 300 Spartans... Smile

Wouldn't it have been easier to point out the Rhino and laugh? Seriously, i could find some more obvious things in that movie to criticize.
Post 09 Dec 2009, 17:36
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Picnic

sleepsleep wrote:
one of the movie that i wanna watch in cinema this month. (with 3D effects!!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_(2009_film)

Yes, i wanna see this movie too, please review sleepsleep asap Smile

Recently i've seen a sci-fi movie called Moon (2009)
I really liked it and watched it again last night.
Post 09 Dec 2009, 18:24
sleepsleep

Quote:

Yes, i wanna see this movie too, please review sleepsleep asap

sure, no problem, if i am not mistaken, this film will release worldwide around 18 dec 2009, so, maybe need around 10 days before it becomes available in malaysia.

will try to check see whether i could watch the Moon, so far, i don't yet see any poster on cinema, maybe need to find it somewhere.
Post 09 Dec 2009, 19:50
sleepsleep

i watch this on tv (half part)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypto
the event, action packs in that film is... wow...crazy like hell. make sure u guys catch it!!
Post 09 Dec 2009, 23:17
Picnic

I've seen it a couple of years ago, some realistic ultra violence scenes are still fresh in my memory.
Well i didn't like it so much, even though it's a nice action movie.
Post 10 Dec 2009, 18:19
Picnic

I saw a psychological thriller set in the future called Sunshine (2007) a good movie on the whole, recommended to Sci-Fi fans.
Post 06 Jan 2010, 16:36
Borsuc

re-ignite the Sun Laughing
Post 06 Jan 2010, 17:17

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: