flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > Are most assembly programmers introverts?

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

Are most assembly programmers introverts?
Refer to:

ARE YOU AN INTROVERT?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuuXfo3eOtk&t=2m19s

I am afraid that I have all eleven traits presented in the video! Embarassed

Wink
Post 14 Jun 2017, 12:34
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
1. self-aware
2. observational
3. likes to be alone
4. prefers quiet
5. prefers small groups
6. thoughtful
7. avoid social interactions
8. keeps emotions to themselves
9. reserved
10. listener
11. smart

i think if number 7 is yes, then introvert, if no then no worry, Laughing
i don't think the rest number significantly point to introvert,
Post 14 Jun 2017, 15:03
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

Does posting on an Internet forum count as a social interaction?

sleepsleep wrote:
i think if number 7 is yes, then introvert, if no then no worry ...

BTW: Why is it a "worry"? Do you think it is a bad thing?
Post 14 Jun 2017, 15:20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699

revolution wrote:

maybe no, because the stream of factors that could affect your / others emotion only came from one source, ascii or utf strings,

in physical life, a glance, a glare, a whisper, a high/soft tone, a face, etc could instantly trigger responses,

revolution wrote:

BTW: Why is it a "worry"? Do you think it is a bad thing?

because the ability to social interact with others is crucial, to everyselves,
i think it is fine if you have the ability, but you choose to not actively social interact with others, because you don't have so much time to listen to others, or talking to them, Laughing Embarassed

it will be a little worry, if the reason you avoid social interact with others is because you don't have the ability to talk, persuade, soft talk, etc skills that so necessary for you to express your ideas, intentions, desires, loves etc,
Post 14 Jun 2017, 15:36
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

sleepsleep wrote:

revolution wrote:

maybe no, because the stream of factors that could affect your / others emotion only came from one source, ascii or utf strings,

Is using Facebook/Twitter/Etc. not social interaction?

I think that just because someone is behind a keyboard or screen doesn't mean it is not social interaction.
Post 14 Jun 2017, 15:49
sleepsleep

our physical life social interactions delay is near zero, and probably complex input / output,

the very near would be a realtime skype with cam and mic, i would count this as social interaction, Embarassed fb live maybe too,

fb,twitter,instagram etc, = ascii, utf, binary pictures interactions, Embarassed
Post 14 Jun 2017, 16:00
Furs

revolution wrote:
Is using Facebook/Twitter/Etc. not social interaction?

I think that just because someone is behind a keyboard or screen doesn't mean it is not social interaction.

I guess if you are either "anonymous" (for those you interact with, not the NSA) and they don't know you in real life, or not in "real time", then it doesn't count as "social interaction". (in terms of how it is used in this case)
Post 14 Jun 2017, 17:42
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
it will be a little worry, if the reason you avoid social interact with others is because you don't have the ability to talk, persuade, soft talk, etc skills that so necessary for you to express your ideas, intentions, desires, loves etc,

No worries. You can still make a living by working as an assembly programmer.

Wink
Post 15 Jun 2017, 02:48
YONG

Furs wrote:
... if you are either "anonymous" ... and they don't know you in real life ...

One of the mods definitely fits such criteria! Guess who?

Wink
Post 15 Jun 2017, 02:50
sleepsleep

surely, there are jobs that allow us to skip full fledged social interactions, Embarassed

i still stick on this idea, the reason you don't do social interactions is because you don't want, not because you can't,

even in real life, most people (me included Embarassed) often pretend to be somebody else, usually better, where in the reality, they are not so better, maybe this is how people survive to take focus from others, and feel the ego that one is better than others,

and certainly, words could kill, the power of sentences, the misunderstanding, etc
they are all weapon, they are all brainwashed materials, etc Laughing

but we take for granted to unleash such weapon anytime we prefer without consider the impact, (something for me to reflect later)
Post 15 Jun 2017, 05:22
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
the reason you don't do social interactions is because you don't want, not because you can't

In fact, I am extremely versatile -- I can do jobs that suit introverts or extroverts. There is no problem at all. In my leisure time, I, however, prefer to be alone.

Wink
Post 15 Jun 2017, 06:48
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
even in real life, most people (me included Embarassed) often pretend to be somebody else, usually better

That is one of the "good" people skills: Show the audience what they want to see. I, however, would rather show the audience my true colors.

Wink
Post 15 Jun 2017, 06:53
sleepsleep

YONG wrote:

In fact, I am extremely versatile -- I can do jobs that suit introverts or extroverts. There is no problem at all. In my leisure time, I, however, prefer to be alone.

i don't think you are introvert then, Embarassed you simply enjoy alone Idea
Post 15 Jun 2017, 07:15
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
i don't think you are introvert then, Embarassed you simply enjoy alone Idea

I think that I am because I have all eleven traits presented in the video.

Wink
Post 16 Jun 2017, 02:11
sleepsleep

i hereby grant you the title, introvert, clapping Laughing

Post 16 Jun 2017, 16:03
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
i hereby grant you the title, introvert, clapping Laughing

Thank you.

Wink
Post 17 Jun 2017, 01:50
AsmGuru62

Curious.
When I was a kid - I think I had most of these traits.
Now, however, some of these are not true anymore.
Can people change this during lifetime?
Post 17 Jun 2017, 03:24
YONG

AsmGuru62 wrote:
Curious.
When I was a kid - I think I had most of these traits.
Now, however, some of these are not true anymore.

I don't think so.

As we grow up, we develop new "faces" to cope with different social interactions: one face for close friends, another for not-so-close friends, yet another for boyfriend/girlfriend, and so on. Nonetheless, when we are by ourselves, we tend to show our true colors; those traits simply stick to us like glue for life.

Wink
Post 17 Jun 2017, 04:23
sleepsleep

AsmGuru62 wrote:

personally i believe, people change all the time, our accumulated experiences will prompt and remind us to do different decision, better decision compare to our previous decision,

regarding those traits, i think they certainly change too, because the conflict we encountered, the job we hold, the decision making process tat we gone through, the technique how we handle others, etc, Embarassed

whether it is introvert, extrovert or those in the middle, the most important thing is, we keep on stay healthy, Wink
Post 17 Jun 2017, 10:48
Furs

YONG wrote:

To be honest I think this doesn't make you introvert. For example, I can't do jobs that suit extroverts at all, or if I do them I'll have subpar performance since I'll be anxious all the time (I don't know if that's the proper word to use but whatever).
Post 17 Jun 2017, 11:02

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: