flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Compiler Internals > Differences in compile time for different code

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
system error



Joined: 01 Sep 2013
Posts: 477
On my Linux machine (different PC), it shows the same anomaly. But it's probably nothing. It would probably go away as the FASM versions are upgraded.
Post 19 Jan 2017, 17:50
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JohnFound



Joined: 16 Jun 2003
Posts: 3434
Location: Bulgaria
What are the storage devices on these computers?

_________________
Tox ID: A48DEF727DF44C3B5C2E576B65021F1A45D8FA52E2F8E257F1CAE148BBADB162FDF7820BD1F9
Post 19 Jan 2017, 17:55
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 14789
Location: Lost in translation

system error wrote:
On my Linux machine (different PC), it shows the same anomaly. But it's probably nothing. It would probably go away as the FASM versions are upgraded.

You seem to be blaming fasm for your problem. I suggest it is something in your system. And until you discover what is causing it then it will still happen and continue to annoy you.
Post 20 Jan 2017, 00:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
system error



Joined: 01 Sep 2013
Posts: 477

revolution wrote:

system error wrote:
On my Linux machine (different PC), it shows the same anomaly. But it's probably nothing. It would probably go away as the FASM versions are upgraded.

You seem to be blaming fasm for your problem. I suggest it is something in your system. And until you discover what is causing it then it will still happen and continue to annoy you.



I am not playing a blame game here. You're being emotional. I am submitting a bug report, a symptom, an anomaly. I don't have the problem compiling my code if you consider the fact that I have four different assemblers on my PCs. They don't seem to have that problem too. So stop being a cry baby, particularly in this Compiler Internals section. We talk serious business in here.
Post 20 Jan 2017, 08:36
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 14789
Location: Lost in translation

system error wrote:

revolution wrote:

system error wrote:
On my Linux machine (different PC), it shows the same anomaly. But it's probably nothing. It would probably go away as the FASM versions are upgraded.

You seem to be blaming fasm for your problem. I suggest it is something in your system. And until you discover what is causing it then it will still happen and continue to annoy you.



I am not playing a blame game here. You're being emotional. I am submitting a bug report, a symptom, an anomaly. I don't have the problem compiling my code if you consider the fact that I have four different assemblers on my PCs. They don't seem to have that problem too. So stop being a cry baby, particularly in this Compiler Internals section. We talk serious business in here.

It is just facts that others are not seeing this problem. I would be happy to discover a problem and see it fixed, but when it doesn't affect anyone else then we have to determine that the facts suggest it is not a problem with fasm and the real cause is somewhere else. Perhaps you have something on your system that many others dont' run that is causing this? Emotion is not involved, just plain old fact discovery and problem solving based upon the available evidence.
Post 20 Jan 2017, 15:08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
system error



Joined: 01 Sep 2013
Posts: 477
@revo. I am not the only one having that "problem" here. You're not paying attention. Btw, I don't call this a 'problem' amounting to bug. Your're exaggerating. It's just a small anomaly. Safe to ignore. Even if it bothers me at times when I need to run some quick tests, I can use NASM or ML64 to compile my code. Not a big deal.
Post 20 Jan 2017, 19:11
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist


Joined: 16 Jun 2003
Posts: 6355
Location: Kraków, Poland
It could help to find out what are the common characteristics of various machines/environments where this behavior occurs. Perhaps this would give a hint how to reproduce it.
Post 20 Jan 2017, 19:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2005 phpBB Group.

Main index   Download   Documentation   Examples   Message board
Copyright © 2004-2016, Tomasz Grysztar.