flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > AI! AlphaGo, DeepMind, IOT, new frontier,

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Furs

I hope she'll find a way to my PC somehow, though probably way too underpowered. Sad
Post 01 Feb 2017, 12:27
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
The latest "nightmare inducing" Boston Dynamics robots
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h5qpXO3isM

the new one comes with wheels, which is quite stunning, move faster now,

all these robots will replace human in factories, period,

self-driving cars, robot security guards, robot maid or housekeeper, and probably more ideas will come into reality from various sci-fi movies,

cool!
Post 01 Feb 2017, 19:04
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
Elon Musk: Humans must merge with machines or become irrelevant in AI age

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/13/elon-musk-humans-merge-machines-cyborg-artificial-intelligence-robots.html

Quote:
In an age when AI threatens to become widespread, humans would be useless, so there's a need to merge with machines, according to Musk.

Quote:

"The most near term impact from a technology standpoint is autonomous cars … That is going to happen much faster than people realize

Quote:

But there are many people whose jobs are to drive. In fact I think it might be the single largest employer of people

might happen faster than we could expect!
Post 13 Feb 2017, 15:59
YONG

The merge started a long time ago:

GHOST IN THE SHELL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIW1CsLuuNM

Wink
Post 14 Feb 2017, 03:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

embrace changes, hopefully more power to each and everyone,
Post 14 Feb 2017, 18:55
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
embrace changes

Exactly! We should embrace the fact that many of our fixations are just plain wrong. Those 4-digit numbers appearing in our dreams have no correlation with the actual lottery results. If we accept such an "inconvenient truth", we -- or at least one of the forum members -- will evolve.

Wink
Post 15 Feb 2017, 03:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

anyone try tensorflow?
https://www.tensorflow.org/

An open-source software library for Machine Intelligence
Post 18 Feb 2017, 06:17
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
embrace changes, hopefully more power to each and everyone,

Everyone who can afford it you mean.

Won't be cheap initially, and unfortunately "cheap" is relative. If you are outclassed by humans who merged with AI, your pay will go down drastically if you can find a job. So even if 10 years after it becomes "affordable" it may be too late already.

I hate Elon Musk, because he always speaks of the human race as a whole. He has an obsession and is blind because he's one of the rich guys oblivious to most humans' situations. For him, it makes no difference if only a few survive, hey the "human race" is all the matters!
Post 18 Feb 2017, 17:05
sleepsleep

Bill Gates calls for income tax on robots
https://www.ft.com/content/d04a89c2-f6c8-11e6-9516-2d969e0d3b65

hopefully those monies will be channeled back to human, but i really doubt it, this income tax collection and giving back already failed in current system,

i would dare to say, this idea wouldn't work, those monies will never reach human who lose jobs to robots,
Post 20 Feb 2017, 00:27
sleepsleep

Furs wrote:

Won't be cheap initially, and unfortunately "cheap" is relative.

i try to look from this perspective, the internet, luckily internet is actively available almost in populated areas on earth, and knowing, knowledge, is the last weapon those who are slaves, those who are poor, those who are less than others could have,

a smartphone cost RM 200 here,

a 2nd hand celeron laptop RM 600, better get a new one, RM 1100,

or a new atom windows tablet with wireless mouse, RM 800

a daily meal, breakfast, lunch and dinner cost RM 20 x 30 = RM 600 each month,

a 4GB quota mobile internet unlimited, slow speed after 4GB cost RM 20 each month

rental a house, cost RM 300 here, (depend on location)

petrol for riding motorcycle, RM 40 assume RM 10 each week,

government fixed a minimum wage at RM 1,000 per month,

not sure what is the easiest job, a dispatcher? uber/grabcar driver? factory worker? idk,

but i would suggest job that takes less hour, to you could use all other hours at your own preferences, maybe learn things that you interested, or just pondering about everything,

time doesn't exists, but the possibilities of changes are limited, only knowledge, understanding, realization, humanity could bring human into next evolution, before we all end up in nuclear war
Post 20 Feb 2017, 00:39
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
time doesn't exists,

See, that is what I call a fixation. Despite the overwhelming scientific evidence showing that time not just exists but also is relative, you just keep believing what you want to believe. Sigh!

Wink
Post 20 Feb 2017, 03:39
sleepsleep

YONG wrote:

Despite the overwhelming scientific evidence showing that time not just exists but also is relative

so what construct time?
what is the physical built of the thing we called "time"?
if something is invisible to all sensors, does it still exists?

or time is the count of tick tock tick tock interval? so if the tick tock count on a moving plane is lower than tick tock count on earth, we said time runs slower on the plane?

is centimeters, millimeters and kilometers any different from hours, minutes, seconds?

i am open to any proof that could explain time exists in a simple logical way, as usual, i am holding 50/50 on everything,

if time is too complex to be understood by me, eg, time only exists in mathematical equations, then i prefer to believe or choose to believe my definition of time, than to follow something i totally got no clue,
Post 20 Feb 2017, 10:40
YONG

Time is the non-physical thing that, sleepsleep believes, does not exist.

Happy now?

Wink
Post 20 Feb 2017, 12:31
YONG

Seriously, take a look at the following link:

Time in physics
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_physics

Wink
Post 20 Feb 2017, 12:32
sleepsleep

YONG wrote:

Time is the non-physical thing that, sleepsleep believes, does not exist.

Happy now?

no, i am not happy, because i failed to understand how time in your perspective, or einstein perspective could exists (out of the concept picture) Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

and i don't understand the arrow of time either, is like the top and bottom issue,

what i seem to understand is, changes further changes, water could reverse to ice if you cold it, assume the water is ice formed before it melts, vapor into gas and water,

i seriously read it, but failed to understand, Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Post 20 Feb 2017, 19:19
YONG

Time is just a measure of duration.

In daily life, it is okay to say something like:

"It takes me much longer to get to work from my new home."

In science, we, however, need to make quantitative measurements.

Thus, we use very accurate clocks to keep time.

Using such clocks, the Hafele–Keating experiment showed that the time duration experienced by the traveling clocks was a bit shorter than that experienced by the clocks at rest. The results were consistent with the predictions by relativity.

To make a long story short, the pace of "the non-physical thing that, you believe, does not exist" actually changes with velocity and gravity. So, how could "that thing" be imaginary?

There is no need to dive into those complicated mathematical equations. Everyone can understand the basic concepts.

The arrow of time is related to the second law of thermodynamics, which can be discussed a bit later when we have time.

Wink
Post 21 Feb 2017, 03:31
sleepsleep

First results on Scott Kelly after year in space reveal space travel changes DNA
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/01/31/going-into-space-affects-dna-astronaut-twins/97295132/

so, we confirm the tiniest stuff when on space, and travel will changes its forms,

since those clock was built by atomic structure or even more tiny structure or anything that physical, why we couldn't relate to, it is space, and moving in space that cause changes to the basic structure that built the clock? and thus a deviation in measuring
Post 21 Feb 2017, 07:49
YONG

First, the story of your link is about biological changes after a prolonged stay in a low-gravity environment. Those changes have long been predicted. Now, we just have more data to support those predictions.

Second, lots of similar experiments have been conducted within Earth's atmosphere, again giving results consistent with the predictions of relativity.

Third, since you have never witnessed those experiments with your own eyes, you can always argue that they could be made-up. If you choose to believe so, so be it.

Wink
Post 21 Feb 2017, 08:55
sleepsleep

YONG wrote:

Third, since you have never witnessed those experiments with your own eyes, you can always argue that they could be made-up. If you choose to believe so, so be it.

i am holding 50/50 on those results, Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

i would be curious to know, if one of the twin is stationary on a house, limited movement, (eg. jail), then another twin on a rotating plate that maybe rotate for x round per minute, or we could replace twin with atomic clock too, maybe there will be difference in measurement Idea
Post 21 Feb 2017, 15:17
sleepsleep

i have a sudden thought, about using machine learning to create picture or movie through words description,

basically, we create a machine learning that could imagine, fill in the blanks, but having an objective based on our words, or addictive description, might be useful to design new programming language? idk, maybe

eg, ai picture
- bright sky // ML will go through its memory of how a bright sky look likes,
- dry land
- around 8 in the morning
- some incoming dark clouds
- wind blowing
etc

i think it should be possible, maybe in my lifetime, ai generated descriptive movie, or a program,
Post 21 Feb 2017, 15:51

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: