flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > 200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball Videobook

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

Well, I think the three-syllable rule still applies:
http://www.eflnet.com/tutorials/adjcompsup.php

However, this is a programming-related (i.e., Computer Science) forum. The value of a Boolean variable can be either TRUE or FALSE; there are no gray areas in-between. (Note that "uninitialized" does not count!) So, how could something be "truer" or "more true" than something else? Rolling Eyes

Refer to:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_%28grammar%29#Absolute_adjectives

Wink
Post 21 May 2016, 02:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Trinitek

Truthfulness of a statement isn't booleanic when the statement addresses a collection or group. Generalizations can have a wide range of accuracy. The more accurate the generalization, the more true (or truer) it is.
Post 21 May 2016, 13:52
YONG

There is some truth to what you said. So be it.

Wink
Post 22 May 2016, 09:55
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

YONG wrote:

revolution wrote:
You can probably delete the "oxy" part and make it more true.

Sigh. The English standards of some I.T. professional are really falling off a cliff:

Adjective: true
Comparative: truer
Superlative: truest

Take a look at the attachment, and then refer to the following link:
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/handsome

Since some web editor of such a reputable news organization also made such an error, I have to say it was just a very minor mistake.

In light of this, I would like to apologize to revolution -- my comment was too harsh. His/Her English standard is on (a) par with that of top-notch journalists.

Wink

Description: Screenshot of the front page of "edition.cnn.com"
Filesize: 696.87 KB
Viewed: 2447 Time(s)

CNN_most_handsome.png

Post 27 May 2016, 09:59
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

No need to apologise. I concentrate upon the content, not the delivery method.
Post 27 May 2016, 10:09
HaHaAnonymous

Re: 200 Proofs Earth is Not a Spinning Ball Videobook

sleepsleep wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5i_iDyUTCg

I have read many things about this conspiracy theory, and I still believe the Earth is a spinning ball.

Why?! There are enough proofs of this.

And I still believe our Universe was created by a creator (The Creator, God).
Post 04 Jul 2016, 17:29
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699

HaHaAnonymous, this might explain more the weird part about spinning ball

OUR FLAT DOMED CLOSED SYSTEM EXPLAINED - DMurphy25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RIBO7VB0VE
Post 08 Jul 2016, 22:33
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699

why we can't see lots of satellites in front of full bright moon?
Post 31 Oct 2016, 17:47
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
why we can't see lots of satellites in front of full bright moon?

I don't know what you consider "lots", but with the right telescope pointing to the right places you can see satellites. Remember that the satellites are very small and far away so to find them in the night sky is quite difficult if you are just randomly looking around without any aid to the eye. As far as seeing them in front of the Moon, well they might sometimes pass between the Earth and Moon, but usually they won't be there.

Last edited by revolution on 01 Nov 2016, 01:19; edited 1 time in total
Post 31 Oct 2016, 23:25
ford

Truer would imply that truth comes in varying degrees of verisimilitude, and more true would imply quantitative comparison of true statements. Neither of these makes any logical sense.
Post 01 Nov 2016, 00:56
sleepsleep

earth gravity is so powerful and holding trillion tons of sea water, and fishes still able to swim every where they want, man still able to move and run around

and a helium gas balloon could escapes gravity, wtf.

and a small moon got more powerful gravity because it could sucks our ocean water up Laughing
Post 01 Nov 2016, 07:18
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:

It can only go as high as neutral buoyancy. If you put a helium balloon on the moon it will stay on the ground because there is no atmosphere to support it. AFAIA there is nothing known that can "escape gravity".
Post 01 Nov 2016, 08:15
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:

Not entirely true. The balloon cannot go up infinitely.

Up to some point in the troposphere, the lowest layer of the atmosphere, the balloon will burst because the air pressure outside of it becomes very low.

Wink
Post 01 Nov 2016, 08:22
YONG

revolution wrote:
If you put a helium balloon on the moon it will stay on the ground because there is no atmosphere to support it.

There is. Refer to:

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LADEE/news/lunar-atmosphere.html#.WBhQ6dV97nA

Wink
Post 01 Nov 2016, 08:24
revolution

YONG wrote:

revolution wrote:
If you put a helium balloon on the moon it will stay on the ground because there is no atmosphere to support it.

There is. Refer to:

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LADEE/news/lunar-atmosphere.html#.WBhQ6dV97nA

Yes, I misspoke. I should have said: ...there is insufficient atmosphere to support it.
Post 01 Nov 2016, 08:29
sleepsleep

if a helium balloon could lift a small cup of water, does it means this helium balloon is stronger than earth gravity?
Post 01 Nov 2016, 08:48
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
if a helium balloon could lift a small cup of water, does it means this helium balloon is stronger than earth gravity?

I'm not sure "stronger" is the right word here. What would actually be supporting the cup is the surrounding atmosphere pushing the balloon up. Not too dissimilar to a boat on the surface of water, the water pushes the boat up.
Post 01 Nov 2016, 08:55
sleepsleep

cool, and thanks revolution

i want to wear helium / hydrogen clothes, with shoes, will become lighter, and if i put on my wings, maybe i can fly?
Post 01 Nov 2016, 09:15
revolution

So a test for you:

If you take a helium filled balloon and place it in a vacuum chamber at sea level on Earth. Will the balloon rise to the top of the chamber, or fall to the bottom of the chamber (or perhaps something else)?
Post 01 Nov 2016, 23:47
sleepsleep

revolution wrote:
So a test for you:

If you take a helium filled balloon and place it in a vacuum chamber at sea level on Earth. Will the balloon rise to the top of the chamber, or fall to the bottom of the chamber (or perhaps something else)?

i guess the balloon will explodes inside the chamber Laughing (the normal birthday balloon)
but if you use very thick balloon, the balloon will fall to the bottom

and if you use very thick and light balloon material, the balloon will rise to the top of the chamber

maybe we are not suppose to put balloon inside vacuum chamber?

Shocked
Post 02 Nov 2016, 00:20

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: