flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > thought experiment : should move perpetually

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
idk much of the terms you mentioned, YONG, sorry,

There is no need to apologize for not knowing those technical terms.

But you do need to apologize for not willing to learn the fundamental stuff. You can't use "idk" as an excuse for the rest of your life. Start learning today!

Wink
Post 29 Apr 2017, 07:30
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

But if sleepsleep learns some basic physics then he will realise that all this perpetual motion stuff is impossible. And then all the fun of designing yet another impossible PM device is gone. It might be better to remain ignorant of the science behind it all and just keep trying. Rolling Eyes
Post 29 Apr 2017, 09:25
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

revolution wrote:
It might be better to remain ignorant of the science behind it all and just keep trying. Rolling Eyes

That sounds like the excuse that a mod has been using to defend himself/herself for tricking other forum members into visiting his/her website:

Those who keep asking stupid and/or trivial questions should be reminded of their laziness -- they are not even willing to do a few google searches to find the answers!

When many forum members remain ignorant, that mod can keep doing the trick to increase his/her post count. What a brilliant idea!

Wink
Post 29 Apr 2017, 10:16
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699

YONG wrote:
But you do need to apologize for not willing to learn the fundamental stuff.

my mind run in snail speed, :shy:

revolution wrote:
But if sleepsleep learns some basic physics then he will realise that all this perpetual motion stuff is impossible.

maybe, but there are still lots of people who know a lot, and they still keep trying,

but what it means by perpetual? is sun light, sun heat perpetual, thunderstorm, raining, etc?

if it works for a person lifetime, i define that as perpetual,

YONG wrote:
that mod can keep doing the trick to increase his/her post count

yeah, the count post somehow sync with baby maker size, good luck and happy Laughing ing

YONG wrote:
Those who keep asking stupid and/or trivial questions should be reminded of their laziness

example? or i just ask a stupid or trivial questions?
Post 29 Apr 2017, 11:58
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:

revolution wrote:
But if sleepsleep learns some basic physics then he will realise that all this perpetual motion stuff is impossible.

There is a difference between knowing things and actually understanding things. That difference is called learning. Smile
Post 29 Apr 2017, 12:06
Furs

To say it properly, it's only impossible with our current understanding of physics, of course. But that is implied since he obviously doesn't know some secret physics we don't know ourselves, hence bases it on current physics so yes it's impossible.

BTW @sleepsleep, the Sun emits a massive amount of energy, most of the stuff you say are perpetual are in fact consuming energy. They're not perpetual at all.

Do you consider Solar Panels generate perpetual energy? Or a motor coupled to a solar panel as perpetual? Confused
Post 29 Apr 2017, 12:10
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699

Furs wrote:
Do you consider Solar Panels generate perpetual energy? Or a motor coupled to a solar panel as perpetual?

i consider anything that could work for a person lifetime, a human single generation or two or three generation, is perpetual,

surely changes happen on and inside sun, there is nothing perpetual if we vision it in grand scale, anything that could supply, become a resource for hundred or thousand years, is quite perpetual in my sense, and we will definitely find more alternative stuffs with discoveries in future,

Post 29 Apr 2017, 17:25
revolution

Make one and report back with your experiment results.
Post 29 Apr 2017, 17:33
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:

YONG wrote:
Those who keep asking stupid and/or trivial questions should be reminded of their laziness

example? or i just ask a stupid or trivial questions?

Refer to:

https://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?p=188591#188591

Wink
Post 30 Apr 2017, 03:03
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:

I guess it took you ten minutes or so to draw that diagram.

Think about it. If, instead of wasting your time on such drawings, you start learning the fundamental stuff immediately, you will be better off in the long run.

Wink
Post 30 Apr 2017, 03:13
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
i consider anything that could work for a person lifetime, a human single generation or two or three generation, is perpetual,

That definition is fair enough.

Yet, physicists tend to define "perpetuity" with reference to the age of the (observable) universe -- around 13.8 billion years.

So, if the motion in question can, theoretically speaking, last billions of years, it is generally considered "perpetual".

Refer to:

Age of the universe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_universe

Wink
Post 30 Apr 2017, 03:30
sleepsleep

there are fire, lightning, water, air, ether?

naively i believe, there are ways to get works done with natural elements,
Post 30 Apr 2017, 12:05
YONG

Being occasionally naive is a good thing. But most of the time you do need to be practical and realistic.

Wink
Post 30 Apr 2017, 12:12
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:

In that case, with this simplistic definition which differs from what most other would consider it, you have many many examples of PM. A simple flag on a flag pole. A hydro-electric dam. A solar panel. etc.

This definition is not interesting in a physics sense. You will have no trouble inventing devices to accomplish your version of PM. But one thing I do suspect is that magnets are not the answer. They don't create or convert energy, they only store energy. You will still need some energy source to power your design.
Post 01 May 2017, 00:35
YONG

revolution wrote:
A simple flag on a flag pole. A solar panel. etc.

Are they "machines"? Rolling Eyes

Wink
Post 01 May 2017, 01:51
sleepsleep

revolution wrote:
In that case, with this simplistic definition which differs from what most other would consider it, you have many many examples of PM. A simple flag on a flag pole. A hydro-electric dam. A solar panel. etc.

i am looking perpetual from the human lifetime viewpoint, since nobody have live and witness perpetual in million or billion years, if it works for the whole life of a human, that is already perpetual for him/her,

revolution wrote:
But one thing I do suspect is that magnets are not the answer. They don't create or convert energy, they only store energy. You will still need some energy source to power your design.

thanks for sharing your ideas,
your website shows me the following

Quote:
How long do magnets last?
This alignment is damaged over time, principally as the result of heat and stray electromagnetic fields, and this weakens the level of magnetism. The process is very slow, however: a modern samarium-cobalt magnet takes around 700 years to lose half its strength.

impressive, 700 years! imagine the moment i atart typing from last 5 or 10 years till now, the magnet still releasing its magnetic field,

is the field moving, or they are static? and what are the relationship of this field compare to sound, light? can we bind light to magnetic field? rainbow?
Post 01 May 2017, 06:42
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
your website shows me the following

How come I could not find any useful information on revolution's website? Rolling Eyes

Wink
Post 01 May 2017, 06:47
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:

Quote:
How long do magnets last?

That is "degradation of flux density over time".

Wink
Post 01 May 2017, 06:49
sleepsleep

isn't 700 years kinda impressive? losing half of its strength only, not even sure who could live so long to witness this,

i thought about this last night, there should be a new futuristic sport, riding magnetic waves, like people riding ocean waves, or skiing,

i think that would be very exciting!
Post 01 May 2017, 06:54
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
is the field moving, or they are static?

The field is static, from a short-term point of view.

However, since the strength of the magnetic field is gradually weakening, the field is changing over a long period of time.

Wink
Post 01 May 2017, 06:56

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: