flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > Windows 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
revolution wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
windows defender loves to scan every files inside your pendrive whenever you plug in the device, my question is, does all the scanned files filename and size get stored? because i suspect this kinda information are stored, and probably transferred out from our computer,
Yes. But this would be no different from any other AV though. They all send out stuff to the mother-ship whenever they feel like it.

this is so scary, damn, so scary,
i hate those explorer (i think some exists in linux) that scan all your files, and try to create the damn thumbnails, word, pdf, pictures, videos, wtf, and cached them,

further more, those cloud agents, can upload any files they want into the main cloud, all our files, Laughing by reading chunk by chunk into different memory files, upload them onto net, who know and who could actually spot what actually being uploaded,

crazy shits, but any software inside our pc could does this, easily, damn it,

the os must allow user to set permission for program in api level, not just the read/write and group, exec, looking forward this feature in android, linux and windows
Post 12 May 2018, 13:17
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
this is so scary, damn, so scary,
i hate those explorer (i think some exists in linux) that scan all your files, and try to create the damn thumbnails, word, pdf, pictures, videos, wtf, and cached them,
Like database indexers, and yeah I fucking hate their guts, but it's easy to disable them in Linux since they're either cron jobs or systemd timers. In worst case, just remove their files and that's that (or unset the 'execute' bit on the files).

sleepsleep wrote:
further more, those cloud agents, can upload any files they want into the main cloud, all our files, Laughing by reading chunk by chunk into different memory files, upload them onto net, who know and who could actually spot what actually being uploaded,
Never used a "cloud agent", if you want to upload to the cloud, do it with the (sandboxed) browser, is that so hard? I'm always amazed at the amount of JUNK people install and use on their PCs.

sleepsleep wrote:
crazy shits, but any software inside our pc could does this, easily, damn it,

the os must allow user to set permission for program in api level, not just the read/write and group, exec, looking forward this feature in android, linux and windows
Nah, you just need a different mindset: deny by default.

Internet access? DENY it for ALL apps except those you handpick (e.g. your browser). Just block the outgoing access: the connections that aren't negotiated are dropped anyway, no need for input rule. How do you do that?

Run the internet apps as another user, and the user you log in with has no internet access at all. Bonus: the user with internet access that runs the browser can also be denied access to most of your personal files.
Post 12 May 2018, 13:32
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

sleepsleep wrote:
Say hello to your firewall. As Furs says, put it into deny by default.
Post 12 May 2018, 14:04
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
Furs wrote:

Nah, you just need a different mindset: deny by default.

revolution wrote:

Say hello to your firewall. As Furs says, put it into deny by default.

thumbs up, now they just need to focus on the browser to crack the whole thing,

Furs wrote:

Run the internet apps as another user, and the user you log in with has no internet access at all. Bonus: the user with internet access that runs the browser can also be denied access to most of your personal files.

is such setting possible in windows? 7,8,8.1, or 10? using the default windows firewall?
Post 12 May 2018, 19:01
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
thumbs up, now they just need to focus on the browser to crack the whole thing,
I'd rather have a fortified safe with one door they need to crack, than a house with doors on every wall so they have a choice of where to break in from, you know. Wink

sleepsleep wrote:
is such setting possible in windows? 7,8,8.1, or 10? using the default windows firewall?
No idea, I haven't used Windows connected online for a very long time, and when I did, I never used Windows Firewall, but 3rd party firewalls, which allowed you to make such rules (also per-application, not just per-user, but it was more involved).
Post 13 May 2018, 00:52
sleepsleep

Internet Explorer zero-day: browser is once again under attack
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/threat-analysis/2018/05/internet-explorer-zero-day-browser-attack/

Quote:

In late April, two security companies (Qihoo360 and Kaspersky) independently discovered a zero-day for Internet Explorer (CVE-2018-8174), which was used in targeted attacks for espionage purposes. This marks two years since a zero-day has been found (CVE-2016-0189 being the latest one) in the browser that won’t die, despite efforts from Microsoft to move on to the more modern Edge.
Post 13 May 2018, 14:21
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
Internet Explorer zero-day: browser is once again under attack
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/threat-analysis/2018/05/internet-explorer-zero-day-browser-attack/

Quote:

In late April, two security companies (Qihoo360 and Kaspersky) independently discovered a zero-day for Internet Explorer (CVE-2018-8174), which was used in targeted attacks for espionage purposes. This marks two years since a zero-day has been found (CVE-2016-0189 being the latest one) in the browser that won’t die, despite efforts from Microsoft to move on to the more modern Edge.
Yet another scripting attack. This time a VBScript, not JS. I didn't even know that IE could execute VB code from random websites. Shocked

Why do people still trust random websites to run code? That is just crazy IMO.
Post 13 May 2018, 14:51
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

whose pc, whose windows, i cant even change my feedback option, damn it, windows 10
Post 21 May 2018, 09:08
sleepsleep

the more i interact with windows 10, the more i hate it, they stupidly change the control panel to some idiot non-standardized bastard setting,

for the sake of new changes, they make it hard to open control panel,

and if you have upgraded your windows 10 from the first released till 1803, most likely it is slow, un-usable, full of leftovers, etc, basically, a rubbish bin,

truly, those who forgot to uphold the principle of kiss will create endless troubles for others,
Post 21 Jun 2018, 19:23
Furs

Q: How do you know in an easy and fast way that Windows 10 is a total pile of degenerated shit?

A: Its tooltips use the word "tap" instead of "click".
Post 21 Jun 2018, 21:04
revolution

Furs wrote:
... I haven't used Windows connected online for a very long time, and when I did, I never used Windows Firewall, but 3rd party firewalls, which allowed you to make such rules (also per-application, not just per-user, but it was more involved).
Windows 7 firewall allows making rules for individual applications, ports, and/or users. I used it in deny mode with a whitelist. And it was interesting to see in the block logs how many applications tried to phone home.
Post 22 Jun 2018, 11:23
sleepsleep

why 7 billions on earth need to accept such junk? maybe we are just slave without any power to change anything except the tiny changes, Laughing
Post 22 Jun 2018, 16:18
DimonSoft

Turns out, Skype 8 doesn’t allow disabling automatical updates anymore. Which makes it funny for a few people whose computers I often pay my attention to, since these updates actually break Skype so that it doesn’t start anymore. Once in a month or so I have to connect via TeamViewer and reinstall Skype.

Maybe we should create a petition for an international law that would let us cut such people’s hands until they stop writing such sh*t?
Post 22 Jun 2018, 23:07
sleepsleep

because the coders forgot about the impact of his/her codes onto people lives,

we keep on making changes, but how much time we spend on reflecting our changes? how our major changes causing more troubles to others? how this new and shining features created endless support calls?

above words, a reminder to myself too,
Post 23 Jun 2018, 12:07
Furs

DimonSoft wrote:
Turns out, Skype 8 doesn’t allow disabling automatical updates anymore. Which makes it funny for a few people whose computers I often pay my attention to, since these updates actually break Skype so that it doesn’t start anymore. Once in a month or so I have to connect via TeamViewer and reinstall Skype.
Did you try to use the web version of Skype? I don't know if it can fit their needs but it's worth a try.
Post 23 Jun 2018, 19:28
DimonSoft

Furs wrote:
DimonSoft wrote:
Did you try to use the web version of Skype? I don't know if it can fit their needs but it's worth a try.

I did. But it works quite bad for video calls. I haven’t needed them often until recently.

Funny thing is that web-version is a no-auto-updates-disable-option version as well.
Post 24 Jun 2018, 00:22
sleepsleep

took around 1 hour to upgrade 1709 to 1803 celeron laptop without ssd using 1803 x64 iso,

hate it but no alternative is seen at this moment,
Post 30 Jun 2018, 01:13
sleepsleep

https://blogs.windows.com/devices/2018/07/09/meet-surface-go-starting-at-399-msrp-its-the-smallest-and-most-affordable-surface-yet/

surface go, SRP USD 399, this will probably sell like hot cakes,
i hope it still somehow support windows 8.1,
Post 10 Jul 2018, 19:20
sleepsleep

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/248069-unofficial-patch-unblocks-windows-7-8-1-updates-kaby-lake-ryzen

it seems that no other windows os version are supported in 7th and 8th generation intel cpu, so all the new laptop are crippled out from factory, how is this even possible to happen without any class action suit?
Post 11 Jul 2018, 03:44
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
https://www.extremetech.com/computing/248069-unofficial-patch-unblocks-windows-7-8-1-updates-kaby-lake-ryzen

it seems that no other windows os version are supported in 7th and 8th generation intel cpu, so all the new laptop are crippled out from factory, how is this even possible to happen without any class action suit?
This is MSes fault, not the hardware makers. This is MS stopping Win7 and Win8 from installing updates on later generation CPUs.

If you don't allow updates then this doesn't affect you.

And this is just more proof that MS are trying to monitor and take control of everyone's data.
Post 12 Jul 2018, 00:53

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: