flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > Windows 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
bitRAKE

I've switched to Windows 10 N. Almost feels like an optimized Windows 2000 - my favorite experience with Windows.
Post 15 Mar 2017, 14:25
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

Windows 10 N is for European use. As a US citizen, you may have violated the Patriot Act by using it!

Wink
Post 16 Mar 2017, 02:21
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bitRAKE

I'm past the age of reason. Which means I can freely choose the social control structures I align myself with. Currently, I have a predisposition to diversity in all forms - beyond rational justification. Despite the bias of locality I feel no nationalistic pride - wherever I am, I endeavor to improve the general situation. This ambiguity has the effect of me being shunned both internally and externally. Yet, I persevere.
Post 16 Mar 2017, 05:29
YONG

What I said was meant to be a joke. The Patriot Act is not even about patriotism -- it is mainly about legalizing the uses of telephone tapping and other forms of surveillance to intercept and obstruct terrorist activities.

BTW, bro, you should seriously consider switching to a career in literary writing.

Wink
Post 16 Mar 2017, 06:18
AsmGuru62

Yeah, bitRAKE knows some cool words!
Smile
Post 16 Mar 2017, 21:32
bitRAKE

It's okay YONG, it speaks more about me than any reflection on you. I understand your jovial nature. My verbiage is a result of reading diverse material. I fear my programming has influenced my prose and visa versa. Razz

Post 16 Mar 2017, 23:24
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

Post 07 Apr 2017, 22:07
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
terrible and horrible operating system,

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/778651/Windows-10-update-news-Android-internet-usage

luckily world is waking up, say no to windows 10,
Post 08 Apr 2017, 12:28
Trinitek

sleepsleep wrote:

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/778651/Windows-10-update-news-Android-internet-usage

Express.co.uk wrote:
Google's Android OS is catching Windows in terms of total internet usage across desktop, laptop, tablet and mobile combined.

Are Android devices on the rise, or are people abandoning their desktop OS for a phone OS? Wink
Post 08 Apr 2017, 16:36
AsmGuru62

Android devices on the rise.
Post 08 Apr 2017, 19:46
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:

I have switched to Linux running on Chromebook for almost a year. So far, so good. In terms of bang for the buck, the performance is simply unbeatable.

Unfortunately, the thread-starter cannot say no to Windows 10 because most of his/her clients are currently using -- and will keep using -- Windows-based computers. He/She has no choice but to vent his/her anger and frustration here.

Wink
Post 09 Apr 2017, 05:31
YONG

AsmGuru62 wrote:
Android devices on the rise.

That is true. As the latest Chromebooks can natively support Android apps, the low-end (and even mid-range) market will pretty soon be dominated by Chrome OS & Android. Windows 10 is losing ground!

Wink
Post 09 Apr 2017, 05:40
revolution

There is no guarantee that Chrome OS or Android (or whatever) will not do the same as W10. Beware what you choose. Be sure that you are okay with whatever the OS will do with your data, your files, your secrets, your keystrokes.
Post 09 Apr 2017, 11:14
YONG

revolution wrote:
Beware what you choose.

It goes both ways. Beware what GJ 1132b, an uninhabitable exoplanet, would bring to the table -- it might kill you.

Wink
Post 09 Apr 2017, 12:00
YONG

Seriously, the Linux distro that I have been using for several months is utterly stable, and most importantly, trouble-free.

Wink
Post 09 Apr 2017, 12:05
Furs

YONG wrote:
Seriously, the Linux distro that I have been using for several months is utterly stable, and most importantly, trouble-free.

Wink

How much RAM does it use when the desktop is loaded? Approximately. (that's how I judge how much bloat it has bundled with it)

@revolution: The cool thing with Linux is that it is open-source. No, I don't mean you'll have to compile everything yourself (although you could, like if you use Gentoo). But if it's open-source it typically has many more options for system software/components, or ability to disable whatever.

Most people complain Linux landscape is too "fragmented". That does have its downsides, but that can be a great thing too. If it's fragmented, a piece of software can't be coded as if it depends on an extremely specific configuration of other software. Thus, most things are easily removed or replaced.

So if something bothers you, you can probably remove it. (if you do Google search about it, someone probably has done it already)

In Windows, you're at the mercy of MS or "hacks" discovered by people that could break whenever MS decide to.

Now, unfortunately systemd is a pile of shit because it goes against this and tries to be a monolith Sad (also it has retarded syntax for its commands/services, in my opinion)
Post 09 Apr 2017, 15:51
YONG

Furs wrote:

YONG wrote:

Wink

How much RAM does it use when the desktop is loaded? Approximately. (that's how I judge how much bloat it has bundled with it)

3887 - 3499 = 388 MB
3887 - 3517 = 370 MB
3887 - 3494 = 393 MB

Taking average: (388 + 370 + 393) / 3 = 384 MB (approx)

Wink
Post 10 Apr 2017, 03:09
Furs

Sounds like a decent lightweight distro then, worth trying Smile
Post 11 Apr 2017, 11:26
revolution

Furs wrote:
@revolution: The cool thing with Linux is that it is open-source. No, I don't mean you'll have to compile everything yourself (although you could, like if you use Gentoo). But if it's open-source it typically has many more options for system software/components, or ability to disable whatever.

I am aware of the open-source thing, of course. But this is not what I need. I need something that works with our stuff and our customers stuff. Linux doesn't have drivers for a large portion of the stuff so it is a no go before it has even been installed.

revolution wrote:

Quote:
Engineers ... can obtain users' documents ...

I sent this to some higher-ups. And someone "up there" took notice. We shall see how this develops.
Post 11 Apr 2017, 11:40
YONG

revolution wrote:
Linux doesn't have drivers for a large portion of the stuff so it is a no go before it has even been installed.

Sad but true. That's why I regularly update my Windows laptop and tablet -- I may still need them occasionally.

Wink
Post 12 Apr 2017, 03:55

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: