flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > Windows 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/81047-advanced-sizing-text-gone-creators-update.html

gone since april 2017, Laughing

aware yesterday because client have issue to view tiny font size in fhd laptop screen,
Post 17 Jan 2019, 21:15
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

Automatic updates strike again.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/02/04/microsoft_windows_update_woes/
Quote:
It has been a trying time for Microsoft punters after a Windows Defender update left some PCs unable to boot ...
I thought that auto updates were supposed to make things better? Oh, silly me, of course not. They're supposed to make sure you are super secure by not letting anyone use the machine.
Post 07 Feb 2019, 06:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
installing windows 1809 for customers, notice the delivery optimization couldn't be turned off unless you are connected in the first place,

they change a few here and there, windows 10 is basically unusable if without SSD nowadays, damn it windows, microsoft,

sucks big time,

could we have a feature to turn off all colors, only gray scale, black and white, like those old monochrome monitor,
Post 17 Feb 2019, 07:56
Ali.Z

sleepsleep wrote:
could we have a feature to turn off all colors, only gray scale, black and white, like those old monochrome monitor,

really? isnt there any options for customization?

Post 18 Feb 2019, 06:04
guignol

ss, monochrome is green.
Post 18 Feb 2019, 09:11
sleepsleep

they should bring this one color monochrome into smartphone,

since when monochrome is green?

~

where to get nanowin10 version? this big boy toys are getting too bloat, i need lite, small, enough for normal functionality,

there is one 3GB live windows 10 out there, perhaps i could use it like hiren boot,
Post 18 Feb 2019, 10:47
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
since when monochrome is green?
It can also be amber. Some computer museums might still have old green or amber monochrome monitors on display. It all depended upon which phosphor was painted on the inside IIRC. Something like that anyway.
Post 18 Feb 2019, 11:48
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
guignol

Post 18 Feb 2019, 12:25
revolution

Windows10 v1903

It's all about the experience

https://pureinfotech.com/windows-10-1903-19h1-april-2019-update-features/

The webpage mentions the word "experience" 39 times. MS are desperate to change your experience.

MS is now kind enough to allow you to uninstall some of those unwanted default apps. Thanks MS.

MS adds "reserved storage" to steal part of your HDD/SSD to ensure there is enough space to load more updates and features you didn't want.
Quote:
Users won’t be able to delete the reserved storage ....
That's right. MS will commandeer some of your storage and there is nothing you can do about it. You are just a lowly "user", MS knows what is best for you. Yield to their authority.
Post 13 Mar 2019, 12:14
sleepsleep

Hate all these features, damn it Windows 10,

forced updates, upgrades, no way to skip, Laughing insane I said,

Every apps now embedded with telemetry, all there to assist you and Windows 10 developers, StartMenuExperienceHost.exe, never ending shits,

The bad thing is, I will keep on installing 1903 to customers when it is available, Apple is actually in a very strategic moment right now, they could win Windows 10 users by offering Mac OS X special license to non Apple made x86/x64 machines, I believe they could capture at least half of Windows 10 market share in 1 year.

Buy Apple's shares right now, since this is what they are going to execute this year. Smile

Quote:
The Find My Files section, you can now select the Enhanced mode, which is a new feature that enables the operating system to search all your folders and drives, instead of only your documents, pictures, videos, and desktop.

Once you plug in a pendrive or external hard drive, Windows gonna index them all without your consent, and thumbnail everything it likes, cache whatever it thinks you might access them offline later, damn you Windows 10.

Last edited by sleepsleep on 13 Mar 2019, 12:44; edited 1 time in total
Post 13 Mar 2019, 12:34
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
Hate all these features, damn it Windows 10,

forced updates, upgrades, no way to skip, Laughing insane I said,

Every apps now embedded with telemetry, all there to assist you and Windows 10 developers, StartMenuExperienceHost.exe, never ending shits,

The bad thing is, I will keep on installing 1903 to customers when it is available, Apple is actually in a very strategic moment right now, they could win Windows 10 users by offering Mac OS X special license to non Apple made x86/x64 machines, I believe they could capture at least half of Windows 10 market share in 1 year.

Buy Apple's shares right now, since this is what they are going to execute this year. Smile
Suggesting Apple over Microsoft is like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.
Post 13 Mar 2019, 12:41
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
Apple is actually in a very strategic moment right now, they could win Windows 10 users by offering Mac OS X special license to non Apple made x86/x64 machines, I believe they could capture at least half of Windows 10 market share in 1 year.

Haha, sure. But joking aside, Apple couldn't do that any more than Linux can. Unless Apple can convince all the hardware manufacturers to write new drivers for OS X. That is the strong point of Windows, the driver base. Which no other OS has. Apple can write drivers for their own hardware, but outside of their limited hardware range the diversity is very large.
Post 13 Mar 2019, 12:42
sleepsleep

If Apple willing to join hand with hackintosh, most likely they will find success in no time, 1 year.

Between 2 evils, Apple seems like a lesser evil.

If I am Apple CEO, I would just sell the license without any kind of support, It just a legal MAC OS license period, those who dare to venture got to do it on their own, finding certified hackintosh hardware and so on,
Post 13 Mar 2019, 12:46
revolution

An OS is a tool, not an experience, IMO.

It's like going to a general hardware store and you no longer find hammers for sale. They are now called nailing experience assistants. Plain old hacksaws are now called material removal and separation experience devices. Cars are now called point-to-point personalised transport experience carriages.
Post 13 Mar 2019, 13:10
sleepsleep

imo, OS is a tool that required interaction with users, the result of interaction is what we called experiences, any tool that able to give you some sort of unique positive experience is the one tool you gonna keep, for very long time,

experiences is what cause us to conclude some sort of perspective / judgement on any particular tool, so far, the experience with windows 10 sucks, afaict, 1/4 Windows 10 users willing to dump this for Mac OS X anyime provided that Mac OS X license is within their reach,

the entry into Mac world is high, but if Apple willing to sell Mac OS X license cheap USD 50 ( eg. zero support, probably with some attached hardware limitation rules like, only for I5 and below processor, 16GB memory max, 6 TB hard disk max )

If Windows 10 chooses not to go lite, minimalistic, respect users' privacies, ask users instead of forcing them to accept configured choices, this Windows 10 gonna die, hopefully very soon.
Post 13 Mar 2019, 13:41
revolution

revolution wrote:

It's like going to a general hardware store and you no longer find hammers for sale. They are now called nailing experience assistants. Plain old hacksaws are now called material removal and separation experience devices. Cars are now called point-to-point personalised transport experience carriages.
And these new nailing experience assistants won't simply let you pick it up and start hammering things. Instead they will require you to register and login to the manufacturers website, then download the latest updates. then require you to wait five minutes while they install and reboot. But still you can't begin hammering anything, you are forced to accept license agreements and warnings about the the potential dangers of using it. Now that you think you have got to the point to begin the actual task you want to complete (i.e. hammer something) you are told this model had not been scanned for malware, please wait while this is in progress ...

So finally you manage to hammer something. Each time you strike a blow you are asked to rate your experience, and invited to post a picture on some social network. You are shown ads for more expensive models. Every strike is logged, recorded and uploaded to the Internet to allow for future experience enhancement.

If you ever try to use it outside of "active hours" you'll find it unresponsive pending updates and enhancements.

And when the maker decides that they need to make more money, they will drop support for your old model and force you to buy the latest model for a better experience.
Post 13 Mar 2019, 14:04
sleepsleep

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019/03/windows-7-will-show-courtesy-reminders-to-nag-you-that-support-ends-soon/
Quote:
Windows 7 end-of-life nag messages will start showing up next month

Surely lots of methods to force you downgrade to Windows 10, Laughing
Post 13 Mar 2019, 15:15
sleepsleep

revolution wrote:
revolution wrote:

And these new nailing experience assistants won't simply let you pick it up and start hammering things. Instead they will require you to register and login to the manufacturers website, then download the latest updates. then require you to wait five minutes while they install and reboot. But still you can't begin hammering anything, you are forced to accept license agreements and warnings about the the potential dangers of using it. Now that you think you have got to the point to begin the actual task you want to complete (i.e. hammer something) you are told this model had not been scanned for malware, please wait while this is in progress ...

So finally you manage to hammer something. Each time you strike a blow you are asked to rate your experience, and invited to post a picture on some social network. You are shown ads for more expensive models. Every strike is logged, recorded and uploaded to the Internet to allow for future experience enhancement.

If you ever try to use it outside of "active hours" you'll find it unresponsive pending updates and enhancements.

And when the maker decides that they need to make more money, they will drop support for your old model and force you to buy the latest model for a better experience.

I could accept all the new experience recommendation if, IF the hammer company ask me before all these BS, allow me to choose if I want to try their new feature experience or not, respect my selection, I could go to their website and sign up slow advertisement if I want them later,

This kinda forcing hammer company preferred changes onto everybody is bullying. One day probably I run a campaign to throw windows 10. Laughing
Post 13 Mar 2019, 23:17
revolution

The makers won't ever ask for permission, they will do whatever they want because they are in control of your stuff.
Post 13 Mar 2019, 23:28
bitRAKE

The general business practice of re-branding I object to: company has product/service A and can't find ways to increase revenue by modifying A. So, company decides to re-brand A as B (B being an inferior thing which enhances the revenue stream). New customers are unaware of the change and think B is A. Old customers are lead to believe B is also A+. Reality is that B is A-.

Look for it - most large companies are guilty of this marketing crap.

Post 14 Mar 2019, 22:01

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: