flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

A lot of learning comes down to not being lazy to try. Many people just want to find answers and never bother to think things though and discover things for themselves.

I'm sure most people here are not like that because assembly is hard and we wouldn't be here if we weren't willing to try and do the hard things.
Post 27 Sep 2018, 16:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MHajduk

revolution wrote:
A lot of learning comes down to not being lazy to try. Many people just want to find answers and never bother to think things though and discover things for themselves.

I'm sure most people here are not like that because assembly is hard and we wouldn't be here if we weren't willing to try and do the hard things.
For the last few months I have been looking for information about evolution of Information Technology and have to say that there is a huge amount of amazing materials published in 70's and 80's about old computers in so-called Western World. The sources in Russian are more scarce especially when we are talking about technical specifications of the PCs produced there. In USSR they produced at least several dimes of original constructions but rather nobody cared to publish books about them and most of info you can get comes from "oral tradition" and remembrances of users.
Post 27 Sep 2018, 16:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution

revolution wrote:
Many people just want to find answers ...
I want to clarify what I meant there. By "find answers" I perhaps should have said "be told the answers".

English is hard, but I'm willing to try. Wink
Post 27 Sep 2018, 16:40
MHajduk

Yeah, there is no easy path to the real knowledge. Sometimes I have a feeling that everything is equally hard, whatever I do. Wink Anyway, it doesn't spoil my enthusiasm to well written books - I can appreciate the mastery of author after looking at a few pages even if I'm not a pro in a given domain.
Post 27 Sep 2018, 16:52
revolution

That is how religions work. They have an easy, no-thinking-required, set of rules that you are supposed to follow. And if there is something you are unsure of then just ask the pastor/imam/authority-figure and be told the "answers".
Post 27 Sep 2018, 16:59
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
i saw some live videos, people who work tedious chores in another country, there are so many unwillingness in their eyes,

why we couldn't create a toilet that never need any human to clean them anymore, bath room that always pleasant to use,

1humanity should strive to give no job to human, maybe,

then another thought came into me,

humans probably love to be commanded, do this, do that, and objectives have higher attainability when you direct people to do,

probably because when human live without command, human have no idea what to do?

a processor without command, if you feed output of first processor as input to 2nd processor and it's output to first processor as input, probably they will start writing code themselves,

so many veils to the secret knowledge,

maybe the system never did human wrong, but it was human who did human wrong?

idk,

the idea of knowledge seems so vague and weird,
Post 27 Sep 2018, 17:19
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
is this what you ordered? a lunar rover,

yeah, just need to remote control from earth, Smile
Yes, but too bad I won't be the one remote controlling it.
Post 27 Sep 2018, 17:27
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
humans probably love to be commanded, do this, do that, and objectives have higher attainability when you direct people to do,

probably because when human live without command, human have no idea what to do?
Depends on the person. A lot of people would rather stay in bed than work. Not me though. Even when I'm sick I think of how much potential work I lost and feel bad about it.

Well of course if they only work for money under a boss and job they hate, then it makes sense to be lazy I guess.
Post 27 Sep 2018, 17:31
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
what if, all kinds of human sickness could be cured by breathing?

what is the last time you completely fill your lung with air?

what if, by breathing and set our mind to repair our body, and what if, we could longer other dna by breathing consciously, demanding our dna to stay,

what if, dance our body with air, breath, could actually last our body forever?
Post 27 Sep 2018, 18:49
revolution

Yeah, what if's are great, but sadly almost never true or possible. Fortunately dreams are free.
Post 27 Sep 2018, 18:59
sleepsleep

i took a Google just now, it seems am not the only one who think deep breathing could actually be some sort of cure,

https://hope4cancer.com/blog/can-deep-breathing-be-key-to-cancer-healing-you-bet/

heat is always some sort of energy, so our palm, body, etc, anything that releases heat, could be assumed as so,

so if you put your palm on your lung, stomach, eyes, forehead, arm, leg, shoulder, etc, does it does something?

and what if you do deep breathing and focus on sending oxygen to those area,
a mind command to repair anything bad there etc,

not sure if you heard about during emergency or etc, a woman able to lift a car to save her son,

i mean, maybe there are larger potential on what our mind could do?

a smart processor would provide some sort of back door for remote upgrade or downgrade, not sure if the unknown want to go through the operation theater to repair us, there got to be other way, the way we can't resist,
Post 28 Sep 2018, 01:18
sleepsleep

somehow this crossed my mind,

people dislike autocratic, they prefer democratic, prefer voting system that allow them to have their say,

they don't like autocratic boss, office, etc, they want their stand to be heard logically, their ideas to get reviewed by its merits,

ironically, they pray to autocratic god, Laughing
Post 28 Sep 2018, 01:52
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
somehow this crossed my mind,

people dislike autocratic, they prefer democratic, prefer voting system that allow them to have their say,

they don't like autocratic boss, office, etc, they want their stand to be heard logically, their ideas to get reviewed by its merits,

ironically, they pray to autocratic god, Laughing
To be honest a proper benevolent dictator is much much better than "democracy" which is nothing more than "ruled by majority of retards".

Of course, that's the best case in theory, since democracy isn't even that, it's worse in reality, like all politics.

Also, something viewed by merits is a meritocracy, not democracy, where any uneducated idiot can vote without having the slightest clue of what he's doing, and be "equal" to you in terms of voting power. It's a garbage system.
Post 28 Sep 2018, 13:58
sleepsleep

the issue with dictator is, nobody could choose or change them, lucky if you got a benevolent, but it could turned violent and nobody could stop him, Smile

yah, everybody got equal power in voting,
idk it is good or bad, a perspective view,
Post 28 Sep 2018, 15:15
sleepsleep

People can die from giving up the fight
https://m.medicalxpress.com/news/2018-09-people-die.html

this is scary,
Post 28 Sep 2018, 15:40
sleepsleep

Facebook Network Breach Impacts Up to 50M Users (nytimes.com)
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18094823

would it be a day, all the fb and whatsapp db, dumped into torrent, probably 1,000,000 TB of data?
Post 28 Sep 2018, 17:30
sleepsleep

what activities on earth, and when you are focusing your energy on it, let you forget about living and death?

[Speech text] Dr Mahathir at 73rd UN General Assembly
https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2018/09/415941/speech-text-dr-mahathir-73rd-un-general-assembly

re-finding everything one need, want,

rediscover the whole knowledge, recreate the wheel,
i guess that is the only joy one could gain by living, maybe,
Post 28 Sep 2018, 18:09
sleepsleep

what if the idea of insane is due to lack of desire to understand anything?

they repeated the same action as if it is their first encounter,

what if always something in dream,

probably lack of desire to conclude something is also a sickness?

if not, lots of desire to conclude something is not a sickness either,

but what is sickness actually?

they are part of changes, worse and better is perspective, through each you got another, like yin yang,

are we creating totally different name to describe constant changes?

and how is our desire to become static, no changes is not a sickness?

what is the feeling of really living in this moment?
Post 28 Sep 2018, 20:26
sleepsleep

while having my dinner, this thought crossed my mind,

there are people like us, on earth, thousand years ago,

conscious like us, now, they don't have all the basic stuffs we got now, so they got their own challenges at that moment,

what are still same compare to 10 thousand years ago?

we still breathing, eating, drinking, walking, shiting, arguing, talking, playing, fucking, thinking, creating, bathing, sleeping, praying, believing, suffering, politic-ing, butchering,

process still the same, input upgraded, output upgraded,

we live like emperor from that thousands years,

it seems like not much different, we still clueless on so many ideas,

does the core of ourselves change?

1 humanity is noble,

we could download 1000TB movies but we simply got no time to watch them all, 1 million mp3 with 3 minutes each, i don't think we could live to hear them all,

look at earth, look at human, look at sun, moon,

what is intelligent, wisdom,
Post 29 Sep 2018, 15:33
sleepsleep

listening to man search for meaning audio book while on my way to northern,

it brought me few new ideas,

what is meaning, i would say, meaning is conclusion, a simplify conclude of experiences that we try to sum up, most likely it should be logical, or at least we try to fit it logically so that we could rest on that simplify process,

so, what is the meaning of life,

the answer at this moment would be,

life is still going on, and there are unknown incoming changes that we have no idea what they would be,

basically, and logically, we can't conclude the meaning of life while we are still living on it, and it would be futile to conclude a book that haven't yet been written to the last pages,

i guess, this would be the best answer so far for those mind who still seeking what is the meaning of life,

~

the mind set to treat others better,

because we probably don't have tomorrow to treat them well, today mighty be the last day we could treat them well, so why not,

~

in treating others bad, there would be no way for a sane human, keep on thinking and pondering the ideas, how to harm others, how to ill treat others, how to kill others and so on, holw to punish others, how to treat them cruelly,

such a human should seek medical advices, to forcefully inducing pain onto others is sick,

or maybe i haven't found a logical conclusion why we should induce others into pain and suffering,
Post 30 Sep 2018, 21:00

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: