flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 125, 126, 127  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 6951
Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
23th October 2017

- i dont have to tell you how fast every day gone,

- you close your eyes and open it, and you could call it a day,

- but am i living my life now? or i just keep on repeating the yesterday and stay inside non changes environment?

- because all these non changes promise me, salary, pay check, settle my bank loan, car loan, wife loan, husband loan and etc loans,

- then i am living to settle all these in order to own all these and no loans in the coming future,

- but, always a but, who knows, i might not be able to enjoy that day? Wink

- so, what life i really want to go through?

- i think no worries is priority, because a stressful life (unless one choose to stress over him/herself to ponder things he/she likes) instead of stressed by stuffs that one is not concerned,

- then you hope to have all the basic necessities fulfilled,

- you hope to stay in a secure place, no bomb, no rob, no fight, a peaceful environment,

- to re-think again, what we actually need is very little, especially in modern societies that, most basic necessities could be found (almost free),

- water - you could get this anywhere, without paying, unless you want more than what usual people need,

- electricity - every mall got electric socket output for you, stay there and charge,

- clothing - one should buy just enough to feel warm,

- food - go visit any restaurant or mall, see how people leave their food untouched,

- secure place to sleep - i actually think, this one is a bit harder, because this is our weakest point, the moment people dare to rob us, and continually stay alert would have impact to our own body,

- commitment - this is one of the harder part too, because you cant choose what lifestyle you want as you wish when you already involved others inside your life, your wife, your parent, etc, kids,

-

- this is another story, about the logicomix

Quote:
Logicomix: An Epic Search for Truth is a graphic novel about the foundational quest in mathematics, written by Apostolos Doxiadis, author of Uncle Petros and Goldbach's Conjecture, and theoretical computer scientist Christos Papadimitriou of the University of California, Berkeley. Character design and artwork are by Alecos Papadatos and color is by Annie Di Donna.



- the graphics are so beautiful,

-

Quote:
In philosophy and logic, the classical liar paradox or liar's paradox is the statement of a liar who states that they are lying: for instance, declaring that "I am lying" or "everything I say is false". If they are indeed lying, they are telling the truth, which means they are lying.



- the struggle to find truth, to find something that we could hold,

- the logic of infinity, Wink

- imagine about infinity could cause me so much excitement, Smile the very large number,

- actually, pondering about circle is kinda excitement too, Smile

- lying on coach, let the mind imagines, and entertain those inputs, damn, what a great moment,
Post 23 Oct 2017, 13:40
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 868

revolution wrote:
https://arm.flatassembler.net

There is a link the the v8 instructions document.

64-bit encodings + 32-bit encodings + Thumb encodings.

Dude that's 3 different operational modes, it doesn't count that way Razz Since the currently running mode is what counts as RISC. (I mean, all the basic operations are shared anyway, just different encodings, an add is still an add, etc)
Post 23 Oct 2017, 13:46
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 15241
Location: 1I/ʻOumuamua
Only Thumb mode has fewer opcodes. Don't just assume. Besides I mentioned encodings, not opcodes, in the different modes.
Post 23 Oct 2017, 13:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 868
I was talking about instructions; otherwise, there's way too many encodings for the "same" instruction even in x86 (actually even more so due to memory operands which RISC don't have except on dedicated instructions). Also, Thumb fewer than what? You said X + Y + Z, I simply said, pick one, not necessarily Thumb.

I know you'll say "instructions" is vague, but from the point of what it actually does, it's not really "vague".
Post 23 Oct 2017, 14:09
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 15241
Location: 1I/ʻOumuamua

Furs wrote:
Also, Thumb fewer than what?

Fewer than x86. That is what was being compared.
Post 23 Oct 2017, 14:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 15241
Location: 1I/ʻOumuamua
Originally I said this:

revolution wrote:
Latest ARM still has more opcodes than the latest x86. ARM also has SIMD, vector instructions, etc.

You then expressed doubt.

I posted a link the the docs.

Now you want to talk about instructions? I'm not actually sure what you mean when you say instructions.
Post 23 Oct 2017, 14:39
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 868
Yes, but I assumed you meant instructions since, well, the "proof that RISC sucks" was about instructions. Wink
Post 23 Oct 2017, 15:02
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 15241
Location: 1I/ʻOumuamua
What do you mean when you say instructions? I can only equate that to opcodes. because otherwise what?
Post 23 Oct 2017, 15:10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 868
Uhm, I mean actual effects of the instruction (in general, not special case). sub reg, reg and xor reg, reg are different since they are only identical with "reg, reg" combination etc (just to clarify). Of course, stuff like "cmov" I consider as one instruction with different suffixes/modes/prefixes etc. More like "common sense" than not. It's not super technically precise, but then, neither is the RISC/CISC definition anyway.

I wouldn't consider "add eax, ebx" and "add al, bl" as two different instructions though... even if they have different opcodes (not even override prefix).

Ultimately these instructions does have a "logic" behind being labeled like this: they likely share the same hardware under-the-hood too.
Post 23 Oct 2017, 20:22
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 15241
Location: 1I/ʻOumuamua
Seems to me that you are simply describing opcodes. Question
Post 24 Oct 2017, 00:50
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 6951
Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
another 190+ point, 23,4xx

nobody could crash stuffs that people already believe, will surge regardless of what, Wink

only a bad scenario, a damn worse one, the one that give no hope, could nail this,

ps: does anyone know how to virtually online make a hong kong police report for missing person?
Post 24 Oct 2017, 16:37
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 868

revolution wrote:
Seems to me that you are simply describing opcodes. Question

No? "add al, bl" is a different opcode than "add eax, ebx" but the same instruction.
Post 24 Oct 2017, 18:15
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 15241
Location: 1I/ʻOumuamua

sleepsleep wrote:
ps: does anyone know how to virtually online make a hong kong police report for missing person?

Find the phone number and give them a call. Speaking to an actual human carries a lot more weight than a message.
Post 25 Oct 2017, 00:56
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 15241
Location: 1I/ʻOumuamua

Furs wrote:
"add al, bl" is a different opcode than "add eax, ebx" but the same instruction.

I thought the opcode there is "add"?
Post 25 Oct 2017, 00:57
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 6951
Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
Albert Einstein’s happiness note sold for $1.6m
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-41742785

Quote:

The German-born physicist had won the Nobel and was in Japan on a lecture tour.

When the courier came to his room to make a delivery, he did not have any money to reward him.

Instead, he handed the messenger a signed note - using stationery of the Imperial Hotel Tokyo - with one sentence, written in German: "A calm and humble life will bring more happiness than the pursuit of success and the constant restlessness that comes with it."

A second note written at the same time simply reads: "Where there's a will, there's a way." It sold for $240,000, Winner's auction house said.

Post 25 Oct 2017, 11:40
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 868

revolution wrote:
I thought the opcode there is "add"?

Nope. I mean using the actual definition of opcode for x86.

Since there's always an opcode followed by extra bytes (mod R/M, imm, disp, SIB, etc) or preceeded by prefixes. Or an opcode extension. Either way, the only thing "add al" and "add eax" differ in is the opcode byte, thus their opcode is different.

e.g.: http://www.sandpile.org/x86/opc_1.htm lists as separate opcodes.



sleepsleep wrote:
Albert Einstein’s happiness note sold for $1.6m
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-41742785

That's so ironic, considering the guy who spent that much on a note is probably "in pursuit of success" or a lucky sob and not living a "humble" life.
Post 25 Oct 2017, 12:18
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 6951
Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
@Furs, tats probably why only those who suffered from love ~ knew what love means? Wink

26th October 2017
- i am still living, which is good, and my dreams during sleep continue as usual, only i am lack of motivation to type them out,

- when i dont type them out, i usually forget them fast, unless, they are so insightful that i will mark them as a lesson or something for me to conclude,

- i got one this early morning, which is great i think,

- it was about insanity and craziness,

- while inside my dream, i saw one male, and a whole large soil area (almost like a normal tesco size mall) empty, plants are planted randomly throughout the area,

- in the area that we both stand, it was visible concrete beneath,

- now, i ask him where you want to plant your tree or etc plants? he didnt reply me, but he straight away start digging the concrete using a trowel, he wants to plant it there,

- but how is it possible to dig a concrete using a trowel, and in fact, we got so large area for you to plant, you choose one which is the hardest place, one that must destroy the concrete beneath,

- i woke up,

- then i realized something, does insanity and craziness exists only from my own perception, because i dont give him the chance to explain or i dont hear him explain why he wants to plant it there?

- he probably knew why he needs to plant it there but he couldnt transforms those why into words? he failed to explains in words,

- and it could also be, i failed to understand his explanation?

-
Post 26 Oct 2017, 05:53
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 6951
Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
infinity, from unknown negative numbers, to 0 and then moving towards unknown positive numbers,

in between 1 to 2, there could be infinity, 1.0000000xxx until it reaches 1.999999999999999 whatever,

it seems like infinity but it doesn't sounds like infinity,

however infinite it may seems, it could only expand and contract in between 1 and 2,

is it possible that our numbers are between something? and we are just playing with expand and contract exactly like infinity inside 1 and 2?
Post 27 Oct 2017, 11:20
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 6951
Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
there were some celebrations lately for diwali lately and i could see people light up the sky with fireworks at night,

you could hear dogs barking because the sounds of fireworks kinda scare them,

so, today, several days after diwali, i heard another big bang fireworks, and my neighbor dog started barking,

this causes me to ponder,
- is dog harder to condition?
- why am i not barking? or cursing?
- so dog forget easily? those are near exact sounds days ago,

my question is, is there a logical actions to every inputs?

are we logical? are those impulsive decisions equal insane replies?

if let say somebody ask you to pick a number from 1 to 100, and you kinda choose 59, is this action insane?
Post 27 Oct 2017, 11:39
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 868

sleepsleep wrote:
infinity, from unknown negative numbers, to 0 and then moving towards unknown positive numbers,

in between 1 to 2, there could be infinity, 1.0000000xxx until it reaches 1.999999999999999 whatever,

it seems like infinity but it doesn't sounds like infinity,

however infinite it may seems, it could only expand and contract in between 1 and 2,

is it possible that our numbers are between something? and we are just playing with expand and contract exactly like infinity inside 1 and 2?

You might be interested Zeno's Paradoxes. Wink

And yeah, there's an infinite amount of numbers between 1 and 2... in math... reality not so much since it's quantized.
Post 27 Oct 2017, 11:52
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 125, 126, 127  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2005 phpBB Group.

Main index   Download   Documentation   Examples   Message board
Copyright © 2004-2016, Tomasz Grysztar.