flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 125, 126, 127  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
hi revolution,
i thought steep price means expensive, Wink
btw, i dont regularly change my phone, just thought bout changing them from time to time,

i hope i am as rich as you claimed, i am not,
i appreciate all that i already have, and i wish you joy and peace, take care,
Post 10 Sep 2017, 08:52
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

sleepsleep wrote:
i thought steep price means expensive,

Maybe it does where you come from. But IME you'd need an extra word in there e.g. "steep price increase" or "steep price decrease". Anyhow, I understood what you meant. You said you want to buy an expensive phone (in your currency), so that means you are doing well to be able to have it in your consideration. If you weren't doing well then you might instead say "I want that <expensive phone> but I can't afford it so I'll settle for this <cheap phone> instead". Laughing
Post 10 Sep 2017, 09:01
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
agree, $235 is quite steep in my country's currency,
235 USD = 986.212MYR

Exactly. The price is too steep for me.

Refer to:
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/steep

"Steep" as an adjective | The second meaning

Wink
Post 10 Sep 2017, 12:21
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
- wonder what happened in you all life?

Still looking for ways to earn Bitcoins!

Wink
Post 10 Sep 2017, 12:23
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699

revolution wrote:

You said you want to buy an expensive phone (in your currency), so that means you are doing well to be able to have it in your consideration. If you weren't doing well then you might instead say "I want that <expensive phone> but I can't afford it so I'll settle for this <cheap phone> instead".

i prefer android phone with pure android instead of addon ui, and hopefully with 3 to 4GB memory, and cross fingers it could lasts for another 4 years, Wink

i still think the phone and desktop os experience thing is weird, why i can't have a phone with my chosen applications only?

why it is hard to have something that you want exactly as what you want it to be?

YONG wrote:

Still looking for ways to earn Bitcoins!

i would suggest get those unpopular crypto coins (probably in large amount) and wait until they become bitcoin Wink

i still think, electricity is the best universal currency, network bandwidth and quota too is the best form of universal currency,
Post 10 Sep 2017, 15:08
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
i prefer android phone with pure android instead of addon ui,

Me too. Let me know if you find something like that with a price tag of $120 or less. Android 8.0 or above is preferred. Thanks.

Wink
Post 11 Sep 2017, 02:52
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
i would suggest get those unpopular crypto coins (probably in large amount) and wait until they become bitcoin Wink

Well, you are still a young man; you can wait. For a middle-aged person like me, time is my enemy; I can't wait!

Wink
Post 11 Sep 2017, 02:56
sleepsleep

YONG wrote:

Me too. Let me know if you find something like that with a price tag of $120 or less. Android 8.0 or above is preferred. Thanks.

so far, i think xiaomi a1 is our best hope, i heard motorola will come up with something like android one project, but this brand seems to have lots of problems with their current e4 and g5 series, you could peek in motorola / lenovo official forum,

btw, lenovo k6 note also got 4gb memory,

YONG wrote:

Well, you are still a young man; you can wait. For a middle-aged person like me, time is my enemy; I can't wait!

there are people who younger than me, and they gone already, my uncle was 31 in age when he died of cancer several years ago,
Post 11 Sep 2017, 14:24
sleepsleep

some questions regarding english language,

1. why we must add "s" in verb for singular, and no "s" for plural,
eg. he eats, she sings, they dance, YONG dances,

2. what is the purpose of this "s" if you must define the (singular / plural) before using verb?

3. could we start a sentence with verb?

4. regarding "s" in noun, cakes mean lots of cake, sweet is only 1 sweet, but sweets got more than 1 sweet,

5. "s" only mean more than 1, but there is no guess to its quantity, it could be a lot, a little more than 1 or simply 2, (so what is the point of this "s" in noun?)

6. this and these,
is this means single object,?
are these mean more than 1 object?

? this cake is correct,
? these cakes are correct,
? is this is correct
? are this is wrong
? this cakes is wrong,
? these cake are wrong,

these cakes look awesome?
this cakes look awesome?
these cake looks delicious?
this cake looks delicious?
Post 11 Sep 2017, 14:40
revolution

We don't pluralise verbs: Present simple tense adds an 's', this is not a plural (he eats). Multiple subjects (plural subjects) don't add an 's' (they eat). i.e. we don't actually pluralise verbs, we only pluralise nouns. When a verb gets an 's' is it showing present tense, not plural.
Post 11 Sep 2017, 14:59
sleepsleep

afaik, verb add "s" if the object that executes it is "singular" (in present tense),
if object that executes it is "plural" then no "s",

he loves swimming,
they love swimming,

but why? because in front of verb, we already use a pronoun to identify the executor is singular or plural,
Post 11 Sep 2017, 15:10
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
but why?

Hehe, because that's the way it is. If you try to apply logic to the English language you will just give yourself a headache. Confused
Post 11 Sep 2017, 15:14
sleepsleep

revolution wrote:
Hehe, because that's the way it is. If you try to apply logic to the English language you will just give yourself a headache. Confused

maybe, Wink
there gotta be some sort of wisdom in this thousand years existence, Laughing

e·lite
/əˈlēt,āˈlēt/

lite
/līt/

i hate how they are totally different in pronunciation, Confused
Post 12 Sep 2017, 01:44
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
e·lite
/əˈlēt,āˈlēt/

lite
/līt/

i hate how they are totally different in pronunciation, Confused

Yeah, I agree.

In fact, I pointed out, on some other thread, the following example a long time ago:

lullaby
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/lullaby

Shouldn't the pronunciation be "LU-la-by"?

Yet, the "proper" pronunciation is "LA-la-by"!

As I regularly teach both UK and US students, I need to "adjust" my pronunciations of certain terms accordingly.

How to Pronounce "Methane"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cmd8It3P5s

Wink
Post 12 Sep 2017, 02:03
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
afaik, verb add "s" if the object that executes it is "singular" (in present tense),
if object that executes it is "plural" then no "s",

he loves swimming,
they love swimming,

but why? because in front of verb, we already use a pronoun to identify the executor is singular or plural,

It is just one of the grammar rules of the English language. And other languages, such as French and German, have vastly-different grammar rules.

Wink
Post 12 Sep 2017, 02:13
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
there are people who younger than me, and they gone already

Exactly. That's why we should live in the moment!

Wink
Post 12 Sep 2017, 02:15
YONG

BTW, I created an online multi-currency digital wallet that supports bitcoin, dogecoin, and litecoin. If forum members, for whatever reasons, want to send me their digital coins, just pm me. Thanks in advance!

Wink
Post 12 Sep 2017, 02:28
revolution

YONG wrote:
Yet, the "proper" pronunciation is "LA-la-by"!

I am pleased you put "proper" in quotes. There are often multiple ways to pronounce words, and often multiple ways to spell words, and some people like to promote their one-true-way to spell and pronounce words. But in reality they are merely promoting their local dialect or some adopted higher authority. Sometimes people try to point to a dictionary and claim that what it says is the final-arbiter of everything, but in reality it is just presenting a subset of the possible uses/spellings/pronunciations of words. The language is fluid, changing, ambiguous and confusing, and has many variants. I hope people don't try to be too rigid and unaccepting of new and interesting variations of existing words. Especially in the age of the Internet where different cultures mix like they never have before and such concepts as "proper" usage vary wildly.
Post 12 Sep 2017, 04:41
YONG

revolution wrote:
I hope people don't try to be too rigid and unaccepting of new and interesting variations of existing words. Especially in the age of the Internet where different cultures mix like they never have before and such concepts as "proper" usage vary wildly.

You should talk to those "experienced" teachers in schools and those "highly-qualified" examiners regularly marking public exam papers. Like it or not, they decide whether something is correct or not, grammatically or idiomatically speaking.

Sadly, I don't think that they would accept your opinion on this matter.
Post 12 Sep 2017, 05:45
revolution

YONG wrote:
You should talk to those "experienced" teachers in schools and those "highly-qualified" examiners regularly marking public exam papers. Like it or not, they decide whether something is correct or not, grammatically or idiomatically speaking.

When someone needs to pass a test then I'd expect the best approach is to simply follow the local rules, and when the test is finished move back into the real world with all its imprecision and ambiguity. No matter how hard "authorities" try to proscribe things, people will just do whatever they want to.

YONG wrote:
Sadly, I don't think that they would accept your opinion on this matter.

People setting tests have different goals. At some point a line must be drawn and decisions made to determine what is "correct" and what isn't.
Post 12 Sep 2017, 05:59

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 125, 126, 127  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: