flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
- and once you don't do what majority people did, they will label you weirdo,

Well said.

Wink
Post 03 Mar 2017, 03:56
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699

Furs wrote:

We need to look at ways to glitch / exploit a bug in the Universe, maybe a buffer overflow or something of that sort. And then let the computer execute arbitrary code. (this will likely have to do with quantum mechanics, because that's where the low level stuff happens)

that is too deep for me to hack,

there is a possibility that, between this word, and this word, the universe already paused for 1 hundred years, nobody know if it paused, or resume, unless there is outer reference inside this vm,

like the vm inside virtualbox or vmware, if there is not net, no host sync clock, no ntp, and you paused the vm, leave it for 1 months, resume,

the programs inside don't even aware, like us, it been 1 months out there,

well, if the source energy temperature could be monitored by vm, maybe we could detects some glitches, a sudden drop or surge,

Quote:

Kurzweil characterizes evolution throughout all time as progressing through six epochs, each one building on the one before. He says the four epochs which have occurred so far are Physics and Chemistry, Biology and DNA, Brains, and Technology. Kurzweil predicts the Singularity will coincide with the next epoch, The Merger of Human Technology with Human Intelligence. After the Singularity he says the final epoch will occur, The Universe Wakes Up.[

nice,

hope our conscious could remain conscious eternally,
Post 03 Mar 2017, 15:01
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
hope our conscious could remain conscious eternally,

There are finitely-many movies downloadable from the Internet. After you have finished watching all of them, you will get bored eventually.

Living Forever Is Not a Good Idea
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-shostak/living-forever-not-a-good_b_783958.html

Living Forever? Bad Idea, Say Biologists
http://bigthink.com/ideafeed/living-forever-bad-idea-say-biologists

Wink
Post 05 Mar 2017, 03:35
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs

Nah, because movies get made all the time, I doubt you'll ever run out unless you watch movies the entire day... And in the future we'll probably get more movies made by AIs so at a faster pace Razz

If you worry about your memories and forgetting you watched some movies (brain has limited capacity), then either that's a good thing (you can rewatch them and not anticipate anything), or you can probably extend your brain functionality (we're talking future here, 50+ years you know).

Personally I would never get bored because there's always something new to do. Plus even if you do get bored, accepting death is stupid. Death is a permanent thing, you know.

Imagine you were born in the 500s (1500 years ago), but you had some Voodoo black magic ability thing to make yourself immortal. I assume you wouldn't accept it, would you? You'd say you'd get bored, it would be a pointless existence etc. Here's how stupid that is.

Back then you had no movies to begin with, so naturally you got bored from other stuff. But once you died, you could never have experienced movies. Because death is permanent. That's why dying sucks. Boredom is temporary, death is permanent.

If you lived, however, you'd stop being bored because of new stuff happening (in this case movies), etc. Even if that means you had to wait 1500 years for boredom to pass. 1500 years is a very short timeframe compared to infinity/permanent death.

Now onto the articles you linked. Well, no offense, but those articles (especially the first one) are full of shit!

Like seriously, I bet he wrote all that nonsense just so he could feel better for not being immortal (yet), cause it sounds to me like a bunch of excuses. Then at the end it says "Senior Astronomer, SETI Institute", wtf? How can he be so oblivious to basic facts of science and progress?

I'm not talking about the possibility of being immortal -- that article already assumes it's possible. Its argument is that it is not desirable, which is bullshit.

First of all he assumes that in 3600 years (lol!!) you'll still be even driving a car just as unsafe as it is today (to have a 50% chance of an accident, statistically). I have no words how stupid this is. We already have self-driving cars and they'll be mainstream in the near future (~10 years tops). And he uses statistics without that into account (drastically reducing accidents in and of itself) 3600 years into the future, are you kidding? By that time we'll probably not even HAVE any cars at all, but teleportation, or something to that effect.

Even if we did have the same cars, and even if we did have equally dangerous situations, 3600 years into the future we'd likely be completely augmented by nanotechnology and a "car accident" won't be anywhere near fatal.

Seriously he is BEYOND short-sighted, and it is the same (but less so) with the second article. It talks about it being an evolutionary disadvantage, but evolution is shit slow! We won't even rely on it one bit to improve ourselves, but instead on cybernetic augmentations, nanotech, future medicine, smart implants, etc.

I have to say, out of all of them, I really laughed when he mentioned marriages having an expiration date. As if divorces are such an alien concept these days, right? Yep, sure immortality is the reason for divorces happening already.

Obviously -- I am assuming humanity will even survive 3600 more years and not go extinct. But even if we go extinct, it has nothing to do with immortality being bad. It's just "useless" since we go extinct anyway (if it is within our current "74 year lifetime" that is). Otherwise it can only be a good thing.

idk how to say this. But seriously, if he said 36 years it would still be quite a stretch to assume we'd still be in current conditions. But 3600???!? Wow.

Lastly, he complains about societal impacts. Who cares? You can't have kids, so? Don't have kids then. Problem solved.

It won't be like today, so? That doesn't mean it's better today's conditions.

If we were all like him in the past, we'd probably not even have electricity by now. "Because it changed societal impact and that's so bad omg". Who cares? Not everyone is a simpleton like him interested only in simple society stuff of today.

People used to (and still do if they're not in the cities) have 10+ kids in one family and consider it normal. That changed especially for more advanced societies, is that a bad thing? Who made him judge of what is important? Who said kids are even important as a concept one bit?!??

Oh and lastly, nobody forces him to be immortal. But his article is titled as if it's a fact that it is bad. He should've said "why I don't like Immortality or find it a good thing" because it's just his (simpleton) opinion only!
Post 05 Mar 2017, 17:37
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

I like to live long enough to do all the things I want to do. After that, when I no longer want to do anything, then I'm okay with dying. The only problem with that is that I expect I won't live long enough to do all the things I want to do. There is so much to do and so little time to do it.
Post 05 Mar 2017, 18:20
Furs

revolution wrote:
There is so much to do and so little time to do it.

Absolutely agree with this, which is why I find it a shame to be forced to "prioritize" right now on the things (or even pick just one randomly out of many I want to accomplish).

But I don't know if I'll ever "finish" what I want to do, because it's like a moving target. I suspect I'll always find something new to add to my list Smile
Post 05 Mar 2017, 18:45
ford

Furs wrote:

revolution wrote:
There is so much to do and so little time to do it.

Absolutely agree with this, which is why I find it a shame to be forced to "prioritize" right now on the things (or even pick just one randomly out of many I want to accomplish).

But I don't know if I'll ever "finish" what I want to do, because it's like a moving target. I suspect I'll always find something new to add to my list Smile

I share this lamentation/frustration. However, I also think that had I unlimited time, I would do nothing at all because there would always be more time.

Post 05 Mar 2017, 20:26
YONG

Furs wrote:
Now onto the articles you linked. Well, no offense, but those articles (especially the first one) are full of shit!

I am so sorry. I did a google search with keywords like "living forever" & "bad idea" and those links were among the top results. I did not know what the linked articles talked about.

Think about it. The fact that you actually spent time to read those articles in depth meant that you had no better things to do. So, you do feel bored even with your limited time on Earth.

The argument that "you could try new things" is nothing more than an excuse. Immortality would just be a never-ending torture for you.

Wink
Post 06 Mar 2017, 03:07
YONG

ford wrote:
However, I also think that had I unlimited time, I would do nothing at all because there would always be more time.

Well said.

A wise forum member once said:

What makes life so precious is the fact that it always has an expiration date.

Wink
Post 06 Mar 2017, 03:10
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699

YONG wrote:

There are finitely-many movies downloadable from the Internet. After you have finished watching all of them, you will get bored eventually.

i don't think so,
let me know if you want to hear the why reason,

Furs wrote:

Back then you had no movies to begin with, so naturally you got bored from other stuff.

i don't think so,
it might be more exciting at that time because you got more lots to think and ponder about, become pioneer in thoughts that nobody think before,

Furs wrote:

Because death is permanent

nobody really know,
energy is never created, never get destroyed, in this container probably,
baby have less energy, then teenager have more energy, adult have more maybe a little bit more energy, 50 or grandpa have maybe less energy,

if take out all the energy inside your body, you die, then maybe we could say "i" am the energy,

Furs wrote:
why I don't like Immortality

i haven't yet read the article, but i am attracted to your statement,
they probably afraid to stay forever in unknown changes, probably reluctant too,
maybe people feel like immortality is the last state, the final destination,

this actually pose another question, the same question i asked before, so you are conscious and eternal now, whats then?

revolution wrote:

After that, when I no longer want to do anything, then I'm okay with dying.

maybe a momentarily i don't want to do anything,
not sure how long a person could hold that moment don't want to do anything, a day? hours? a week? months? years?

for me, i don't want to do anything which i don't feel i like to do, even the moment i don't do anything, it is because i want to get the feeling of not doing anything which also mean i am doing something which is not doing anything,

YONG wrote:
What makes life so precious is the fact that it always has an expiration date.

very true but sadly,
most of us either think life is not so precious, or my expiration date is still very far away,

YONG wrote:
Immortality would just be a never-ending torture for you.

you could pass me your immortality ticket, thank you. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Post 06 Mar 2017, 14:23
sleepsleep

6th March 2017

- i thought about this new idea a few days ago, which is very cool, Laughing

- if you look at human desire, be it now, later or etc moment, you basically only got 2 choices,

- you do something about the desire, or you ignore it,

- this desire could be anything from a to z, 0 to 9, whatever, eg, the words inside my mind now, the thoughts that swirling, or etc,

- then you realize, you only got 2 choices,

- the reason i said this is interesting, because, you cannot have more than 2 choices, is like a 1 and 0 flip here,

- now, imagine if human could evolve into 3 choices, 4 or infinite choices, what are those 3 or 4 choices?

- i previously said, i have oob experiences, is like you are lying on the bed, your back feel the soft bed, but your sight, mind in both realms, the dream and physical earth realm, it could be that earth realm is just another big dream realm too,

- so a conscious could feel both realm, at the same moment,

- not really sure how the feeling if you could get 3 realms all at the same moment, or more,

- are we human conscious evolve in that direction? idk,

- if you see the cpu, the 0 and 1, either they change them, or ignore them, but how about 3rd state or 4th or more? the quantum where it is 0 and 1 at the same time,

- but what about 4th choice? or infinite?
Post 06 Mar 2017, 14:37
sleepsleep

7th March 2017
- based on my limited knowledge and tiny brain, i wish to secure an application,

- be it script, cgi, application or etc whatever, the simple the better, get input, run proprietary algorithm or just whatever shit we don't want others to know, return result,

- to have the result, means the secret routine must be decoded naked to processor,

- but what if the secret routine could be dynamically generated?, and will be totally or 50% or 80% different every time when running? and you could put "secret identifying" bits for every unique customer, so you know the leak from when it appears on piratebay

- eg, like introduce unnecessary, expand the instructions with id bits,
1. get string from input
2. input convert to uppercase
3. store to one location
4. generate input hash on original
5. convert uppercase to lowercase
6. compare original input vs lowercase,
7. generate sequence how to make this all lowercase back to original input + magic
8. pass to agent who will process the input, hash,
9. agent received input, run another unique sequence to recover back the original text

- basically, we could base on the sequence to know the unique id, email, or customer who purchase that application from us,

- or we could just do what "cough cough" did, put unique pixels color differentiation, basically when you do screenshot, they embedded those information, your ip, machine name, etc unique identifiable info, your printer did this too, and your mobile smartdumbphone too,

- what if you run 5 processes, that dynamically generate a new program in every launch,

- 1 to get input, 2 to handle process, 3 for output, 4 for gui display, 5 for coordinator and middle man runner,

- let say we want to put a lock in every 4 processes, and a key in 5th process, so number 5 uses its key to unlock another 4 processes,

- but this allow anyone who get key in number 5 to open the other 4,

- we could use the strategy like apple, basically, the application only open when the authenticated iphone is nearby, laptop or pc probably doesn't have internet, but phone most probably got internet, or capable to connect outside,

- but still it is interesting to think, how to put key and lock at the same place and secure it, Embarassed
Post 06 Mar 2017, 21:38
sleepsleep

7th March 2017

- how to wipe out debt? 19 to 20 trillions dollars nation debt,

- create chaos, make people lose confidence in their currency, government breaks up, malfunction, war,

- all debts came with interest, which means more monies out of thin air must be printed to pay interest,

- if monies become less value, inflation, stuff will become more expensive, before the confidence totally gone, stock price will go up, dow jones 30,000 is very possible,

- imo, as long as the exchange rate could be contained, chaos could be introduced level by level,

Quote:
The U.S. debt to China is $1.058 trillion, as of December 2016. That's 27.8 percent of the $3.8 trillion in Treasury bills, notes, and bonds held by foreign countries.

- not sure if it is legal for bank to demand more from debtors during inflation? is like the interest and loan will be adjusted to fit the inflation rate, (this is idiot, they should create 2 kind of currencies, C1 back by gold, C2 for interest usage, back by faith) and a floating exchange rate for how many C2 to 1 unit C1,

- scary, interesting, exciting, Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Post 07 Mar 2017, 02:32
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:

YONG wrote:

i don't think so,
let me know if you want to hear the why reason,

You have already talked about it in the movie thread. Given your poor memory, you tend to forget about the movie after watching it. So, you would just keep downloading the same movie again and again.

Wink
Post 07 Mar 2017, 03:38
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
- not sure if it is legal for bank to demand more from debtors during inflation?

It depends on the terms of the loan. If the interest rate is fixed, the answer is no. If the rate is floating (which is likely to be the case most of the time), the answer is yes.

Wink
Post 07 Mar 2017, 03:44
sleepsleep

9th March 2017

- i woke up from a scary dream,

- i was feed with memories that i have killed my neighbor, and it came with details how i did it, damn, this shit is like westworld,

- it feels so realistic, scary,

- but this give me another idea, what if, i mean what if, we set a protocol on our-self, the act verification protocol, like before you do anything in "real" life, you will do something, be it calculate something, or reasoning something, or "storing" some encrypted pair, then only you perform what you intended,

- so until your dream starts to copy that protocol too, you could assure everything happened in that memories is "fake", "unreal",

- damn shit, this is scary,
Post 08 Mar 2017, 18:22
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
- i woke up from a scary dream,

- i was feed with memories that i have killed my neighbor, and it came with details how i did it, damn, this shit is like westworld,

- it feels so realistic, scary,

Please describe the killing process in detail. We are intrigued!

Wink
Post 09 Mar 2017, 05:41
sleepsleep

YONG wrote:

Please describe the killing process in detail. We are intrigued!

i try to forget it by not remembering it, because i don't want to enforce that experience, kinda scary at the moment i woke up,

but this experience really put me into wondering, does what i remember really happened? or they could be some sort of injection into my mind to test my reaction,

and i thought of a cool protocol, i sort of practicing it today,

1. before i do anything, i whisper in tiny voice, the day, month, year, eg, zero q, zero shang, jew nana,

2. eg, before i drive, before i leave my house, before i eat, eg, i want to make this a habit,

3. what i hope is, during dream, i will whisper or just say this protocol words too, then i could reflect what kinda of date i will have in dream,

4. it might be pointless, because as long as date provided, i might view the event as something factual, i still need to find a strategy, a protocol to differentiate what is real and what is injected memories,
Post 09 Mar 2017, 10:02
sleepsleep

10th March 2017,

- dream my passed away grandmother, how are you grandma, Smile

- i found out that the recitation of date/month/year kinda too long and maybe hard to embed into my life,

- i might want to use single characters, eg, E before i eat, S before i sleep, basically, to embed such practice, a char before conscious action, eg, CD closing door, L locked, before leaving my house,

- a smartphone apps will help i think, a new idea for such apps Idea basically, i think such action will enhance conscious act day by day,

- so i write L on smartphone before i lock the door,

- but do i need to write everything before i perform them? so there need a line or rules to decide, what to write, and what no need to write,

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-09/canadas-new-blasphemy-laws
The sales pitch for M-103 was given a pretty façade of human rights concerns, but actually inside was a veiled endorsement of a Muslim supremacist mentality.

- it is forbidden to say something logic, based on common sense nowadays, because the establishment and friends prefer everybody to believe drinking camel urine, eating shit, rock or etc, having sex with 9 years old, 3 years old or babies, or dead bodies, or kill the women who still breastfeed her sons,

- and i tell you the best part, we got professors, lecturers, phd holders, master holders, degree holders, scientists, who believe and praying for this bastard and his god in daily basis,

- this world is like a lunatic asylum, Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post 09 Mar 2017, 20:51
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
- and i tell you the best part, we got professors, lecturers, phd holders, master holders, degree holders, scientists, who believe and praying for this bastard and his god in daily basis,

Sad but true.

We live in a messed-up world! (Initially I wanted to use the F-word!)

Mad

Last edited by YONG on 10 Mar 2017, 05:05; edited 1 time in total
Post 10 Mar 2017, 03:25

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: