flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 212, 213, 214 ... 216, 217, 218  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

sleepsleep wrote:
could we learn another foreign language through dream?
I doubt it. Where would the information come from? Someone or something would have to supply the relevant skills to you. Dreams are just your own memories.

You could dream up a new language. But it would be very unlikely to be any of the existing spoken languages except by some incredibly unbelievable coincidence.

This is similar to the time travel movies with the information paradox. The hero goes back in time to tell himself some secret he needs to know to save the world. It is just the same information going around in a loop. But where does the initial information come from?
Post 31 Aug 2019, 03:26
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
st

"…and there is no new thing under the sun" (Ecclesiastes 1:9)
Post 31 Aug 2019, 05:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
we are in the assumption that dream is just constructed by our own memories, what if it is not?

example the interaction among us right now, there is always infinite loop of reality that nobody could verify if they are inside the first reality or etc,

where information came from? changes? and these changes things is chained reaction that i would say, infinite, regarding the spark of changes, i described it as the moment 0 turned to 1 in my previous posts, i haven't figured that out,

Elon musk mentioned knowledge as prediction, and to master a knowledge, he attached that with less error in our prediction,
Post 31 Aug 2019, 06:37
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
st wrote:
"…and there is no new thing under the sun" (Ecclesiastes 1:9)

if you don't mind to convey what you really wanted to say, thanks.
Post 31 Aug 2019, 06:39
DimonSoft

Well, actually there were experiments trying to teach foreign languages that used the state of mind that our brain falls into while falling asleep. And they were quite successful. Well, sort of. Negative psychological consequences were reported in some sources. So, it just depends on your definition of learning a language through dream.
Post 31 Aug 2019, 06:41
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
we are in the assumption that dream is just constructed by our own memories, what if it is not?
Sure it is an assumption. But it is the best fit to the evidence we have. If you want to think that aliens or god or whatever is somehow manipulating our dreams then you can do that. But it would be a very hard task, and one would have to wonder why aliens (or whatever) would be so interested to care about our dreams rather than simply telling us things directly.
Post 31 Aug 2019, 08:12
KerimF

I used hearing that the purpose of ending a life/dream to start another (dream loop) is to keep learning.

This leaded me to another question:
What could be the end purpose of this/my continuous learning?

If I were a mere robot, made with brilliant artificial intelligence, my advanced learning (from living more and more experiences) would let me become a better servant of my maker. In other words, does my maker (or the company which produced me) need me to achieve certain tasks which cannot be done without me Smile

So, in my case, I find hard to believe that whatever created me may need anything from the given existence of my being (as we do when making robots to serving us). But there must be a purpose, after all, to bring me into a huge universe in which zillion of living things are also created just to serve life in it (guided by their evolving embedded instincts); so that my human body can be born in it and live for a certain period of time.

I gave already my answer about it earlier, though indirectly. But it is just me Wink
Post 31 Aug 2019, 09:27
sleepsleep

if i dream, does the i in dream still i? most of the time during dream, i seem to focus, and hardly purposely recalled stuffs from wake up,

what if the dream is constrcution of problems using available materials to prompt us for some sort of solution?

KerimF wrote:
or the company which produced me) need me to achieve certain tasks which cannot be done without me

maybe, they could probably do and perform in 1x speed, but using ai (us)? maybe, they could get x100 speed or more, like image identification.

it could also be whatever the procreate us have no idea about how to create us too, like the situation we are having right now, have sex, and got babies,
Post 31 Aug 2019, 20:20
sleepsleep

there is one dmt YouTube, it shows lots of abstract, i get the link for you guys later,

my concern with that is, what is, that is what we are going to consciously observe?

and how are we going to make sense about the whole observation?

is like you been showed lots of foreign symbols, shapes, colors combination, that we don't know what actually and how to interpret them,

is like force is pushing you into a decision and you got no f idea how to make a better choice,
Post 01 Sep 2019, 06:16
st

sleepsleep wrote:
if you don't mind to convey what you really wanted to say, thanks.

The information paradox
revolution wrote:
The hero goes back in time to tell himself some secret he needs to know to save the world. It is just the same information going around in a loop. But where does the initial information come from?

originates from the book of Ecclesiastes:
Quote:
9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.

The human introduces nothing new. We just discover everything around and inside us, making something a bit better.

As to languages, many of them are derived from common Indo-European roots. Perhaps some people liked to pronounce 'a' while another would prefer 'e'... as a result we get nowadays more noticeable difference. If one could figure out such rules, it becomes possible to understand some foreign language without learning them.
Post 01 Sep 2019, 06:57
guignol

not so
Post 01 Sep 2019, 07:58
revolution

revolution wrote:
This is similar to the time travel movies with the information paradox. The hero goes back in time to tell himself some secret he needs to know to save the world. It is just the same information going around in a loop. But where does the initial information come from?
Apparently this is known as the Bootstrap Paradox.
Post 01 Sep 2019, 08:14
KerimF

By design, there are two things that a man can do; discovering and changing.

[1] Discovering has two goals; for self-knowledge and/or knowing better how to change things.

[2] Changing means imposing one's will/desire/dream on something else (including one's own body).
[2a] When changing is applied on other humans, the latter ones call it an evil act.
[2b] When changing is applied on matters, it is usually called a scientific achievement.
[2c] When changing is applied on one's body, it is called suicide or self-destruction.

A note about [2c]:
A person can never change his main priorities in life (which differ from one person to another). Only the paths which he tries to follow in order to better live them may change during his life.

In my case, I just tried my best in discovering fully my own being (the most important product I got Smile ). Meanwhile, I do some changes on matters (being a private hardware/software designer of various controllers) to just gain my daily bread since graduation. And I also understand that many humans around the world are supposed to drive the multitudes to play in the world's games by which they can build it and destroy it as well. Without such universal games, the world's progress cannot be achieved properly and continuously. This is why I can't see myself of this world (among those who are created to play the masters or among their subjects) Very Happy
Post 01 Sep 2019, 09:35
guignol

revolution wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
could we remember another dream when inside a dream?
Relevant movie: Inception
and where's the Interception movie
Post 02 Sep 2019, 16:48
sleepsleep

Actionable Book Summary: The Inevitable by Kevin Kelly
https://durmonski.com/book-summaries/the-inevitable/

Quote:
Lesson #1: Products Are Becoming Services
Lesson #2: Everything in The World Requires Maintenance
Lesson #3: The Online World Is Manufactured by Users, Not by Big Institutions
Lesson #4: Artificial Intelligence Will Help Us Define Humanity
Lesson #5: If You Can Choose Anything; What Will You Choose?
Lesson 6: The Twelve Forces That Are Molding the Future
Post 08 Sep 2019, 00:34
sleepsleep

conflict, anger, ego,

so, when conflict arises, why we want to get onto moral high ground, why we want to point out mistakes did by others, why we want to affirm we are in the correct point of view?

so there are changes, what kind of response to defuse such changes? and it is good to diffuse them?

but why people want to hold the i am correct position? why not just hold the i am wrong position?

what kind of default setting for human?
Post 09 Sep 2019, 07:30
sleepsleep

there are lot of choices to make everyday, some crucial one will affect your coming changes,

eg. what job you want to do, where you want to stay,

if you choose to go out now instead of staying at home,

so why are we presented with such situation?

if we look at plant, their only objective is expand, become bigger, stronger,

are we having the same objective as plant? colonize other planets, galaxies, etc?

why we dont go reverse, weaker, smaller? stupier? or we are?
Post 09 Sep 2019, 15:33
sleepsleep

argument, and how to deal with argument?

assume argument arise because both parties lack of knowledge and understanding to the situation that affected them,

and they could and willing to only see their own pov,
Post 10 Sep 2019, 04:00
KerimF

May I add that I personally never met a person who told me, in a private conversation (face to face), that he sees himself wrong in whatever he does and believes. But it is usual that one may admit sometimes doing mistakes due to the limited capabilities of his human living body but, in his view, whatever he likes to achieve is always right to do.

This is why I used, since many decades ago, not to argue with anyone. At best, I try, as possible, to know/discover whoever I live with (or meet) as he is, while I let him know who I am. Thinking to change others is out of question to me; after all, I can't change even myself Smile

On my side, I have nothing to hide. It happened that I reached a state in which I have no reason to fear anything. It is all about having enough good knowledge concerning life in general and the end purpose of self-existence. Lack of true complete knowledge usually leads, in some situations, to fear, conflict or anger... etc.

But I also understand that those who have a human living flesh 'only' to take care of have no choice but to follow the pre-programmed instructions that are embedded in their body (their instincts). So having fear, feeling anger and even being aggressive help such humans to better survive as individuals or species (human race); guided by the golden rule "Survival of the fittest (or of the strongest, in case of humans)".
Post 10 Sep 2019, 07:38
sleepsleep

i like your sentence,
i can't change even myself,

i still have fear, anger and conflict, there are still journey and pondering for me to go through,

most likely i need to realize them before i could forsake them,

~

i got another realization today, it seems that reality is based on our knowledge, the line that divide it from fantasy is based on our perceived possibilities of
Post 10 Sep 2019, 17:57

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 212, 213, 214 ... 216, 217, 218  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: