flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 159, 160, 161  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Furs

Well the "state of knowing everything" implies instant-time lookup, since it's a state. That is, there's zero time to look any information up, you just know everything, at every moment, that's why I find it impossible Wink (unless the world has no time at all)

That's the only difference between potential omniscience and total omniscience
Post 17 Apr 2018, 12:04
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

If you can reset and play-back the universe (say in a simulation) then effectively you can do instant look-ups.
Post 17 Apr 2018, 12:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs

Well that's still potential omniscience the way I meant it. Wink

You don't have to reset it, just pause it, or make a snapshot and analyze it bit-by-bit, and btw this kind of thing is not theoretical, we can do that already with our own Virtual Machines. You can feel like a mini god. Razz
Post 17 Apr 2018, 15:46
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
"I have been accused of thinking about women too much ... But what could be more beautiful than thinking about women?" - Auguste Rodin
Post 18 Apr 2018, 01:05
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
this is kinda funny,

person a : are this flat assembler version 1?
person b : no no, this is going to be version 2, and having the potential to become 3 and flat os,

person a : do you rob Mr.Fur
person b : i have the potential to rob him,

potential omniscience is nonsense, Laughing
Post 18 Apr 2018, 01:46
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
person a : are this flat assembler version 1?
person b : no no, this is going to be version 2, and having the potential to become 3 and flat os,
If you can stop time (freeze the VM/take snapshot) and write version 2 so that person a perceives it as "instantly", then it might as well exist.

Your brain is not instant either, it takes time for electrical signals to move. So technically you don't know your own name either. You have the potential to know, if you think about it, your brain will look it up and remember it. (or it won't, if your brain is e.g. damaged from an accident).

At no single state do you ever know anything you're not directly thinking of, since that implies innate knowledge (instant) -- which is impossible, physically.

The fact that we "forget" and then "remember" things when reminded is proof enough that knowledge -- even if "forgotten" -- usually still exists in the brain. It's just that it takes more time to get to it. It is potential knowledge.

"I don't know what I did at X minutes Y seconds yesterday, but if you show me a video, I'll remember" means you do have the knowledge in your brain, and it's not erased, so you do "know" it, but potentially. The "I don't know" should be a clear giveaway that you don't know it at this instant, but you have the potential to know it, if you think hard enough or are reminded of it.

And that's how the world works. Wink The alternative is pure nonsense.
Post 18 Apr 2018, 12:33
sleepsleep

if there is only one question, but searches are infinite, potential omniscience thus is impossible state, because it would never reaches such state due to the way it sets itself to becomes omniscience.
Post 18 Apr 2018, 18:36
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
omniscience thus is impossible state
FTFY.

Potential omniscience is not impossible at all, assuming that knowledge is stored somewhere (e.g. infinite storage space? I never said it has to be physically possible in this Universe tho). Such state only implies that you can know everything if you look it up -- i.e. you know how to obtain that knowledge. So it's perfectly possible with some imagination.

For example, a calculator that uses an infinite amount of digits (as long as it has sufficient RAM/memory obviously) is omniscient in respect to addition of integers. Given two integers, it will always know what the result is, because it knows how to perform the addition (i.e. look it up, it's all circuitry after all). This does NOT mean that at every possible time instant it has calculated an infinite amount of integers, which is total omniscience and impossible. Potential omniscience is total knowledge on demand only.

This calculator will never give you a "I don't know" in return when you ask it, so clearly it is omniscient in respect to addition, but it only does it on demand, so it has the potential to know all integer additions, but it hasn't actually calculated them all before you asked, so it's not total omniscience.

The state of omniscience is impossible as I've said so many times though. It implies you know everything at every instant, including your own future thoughts, and those thoughts also include total knowledge ad infinitum.
Post 18 Apr 2018, 19:31
sleepsleep

between the conscious now, to the next moment of non existence, only a matter of sooner or later,

this trip is scary
Post 21 Apr 2018, 13:57
sleepsleep

why there are events that caused you stuck or hang in moment, where you couldn't react?

eg, you are doing some gardening, maybe pasting a vertical wall hole, where you kinda saw a snake shadow, then suddenly the snake comes out and start crawling towards you, and literally in a few seconds, you are like immovable, is this a human bug?
Post 22 Apr 2018, 00:07
revolution

The eyes of some animals only respond to movement. So freezing can be an advantage in some situations because then you can't be seen. But note that this is ineffective for animals that don't rely on movement to see you. Also some animals only perceive something as a threat if it moves.

For a snake in particular, since most snakes are far too small to consider you as food, the most likely reason for attack is if they feel threatened. So if you do nothing to make them feel in danger then you probably won't be harmed.

And if none of that makes sense then consider this: I would guess that freezing has in the past shown to be an advantage overall else it wouldn't have become part of our survival strategies.

I think that in general just let the snake be and you will be fine. They aren't vindictive. They are just looking for food or a mate. And since you are neither then they will ignore you if don't disturb them.
Post 22 Apr 2018, 00:45
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

thanks for the information,
i was thinking like could movement freezing equal to conspiracy from higher ups?

the issue with freezing is you want to move but your body and voice no longer under your command, i just wondering how this could embed inside our survival strategies?
Post 22 Apr 2018, 03:59
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
i was thinking like could movement freezing equal to conspiracy from higher ups?
What higher-ups are you suggesting?
sleepsleep wrote:
the issue with freezing is you want to move but your body and voice no longer under your command, i just wondering how this could embed inside our survival strategies?
Evolution is one possible explanation. There is evidence to support it. Other things might also explain it, but the evidence is lacking.
Post 22 Apr 2018, 04:31
sleepsleep

the snake i saw in dream was sized like the coca cola bottled, the 1.25 litter, is actually quite huge, it shocks me for a moment, like don't know what to do, i tried to scream but my voice doesn't comes out, i was holding a digger at that moment, then after power came into my control, i hack the snake, brown colored with my digger then stand on top of the differ to put force into it and try to kill that snake,

then my phone alarm clock started ringing,
Post 22 Apr 2018, 07:48
sleepsleep

wondering, if the person, event, emotion, object you preferred, you love, you like,

they are then transferred (assume somehow they are transferable) into things that you afraid, things that caused you to dislike, vomit, or etc negative feelings, emotions,

the issue with when whatever that we want to define is not inside the context of now, basically the definition is not much meaning,

since everything change, and changes cause more change,

is this a burger, meat? or corpse, or faeces?

is this a table? or ashes or charcoal?

definition only functional when inside a context, which is now, if time or x numbers of changes are bind into a definition, that is different thing, and subject to definition of what kind of changes take effect,

potential omniscience literally mean you are not omniscience now,
the calculator doesn't know the answer before calculation, but after calculation, then only it knows the answer for your first question, it still doesn't know answer for the following question until it calculates, how such process could cause it to become omniscience? impossible,

and since omniscience is ill logic, why even potential omniscience strive so hard to become omniscience?

now potential omniscience is defined as total knowledge on demand,

omniscience in the first place already mean total knowledge, it means having total knowledge at now without having to query or etc process that cause not total knowledge at now,

i couldn't agree with total knowledge on demand being equ to potential omniscience, but that is my view, you are free to use words in any way you like,

as omniscience only defined as having total knowledge, means at the context of infinity, omniscience means having total knowledge,

it sounds great, that's why god loves it, Laughing
Post 22 Apr 2018, 16:25
sleepsleep

Myocardial infarction

relative of friend of my friend, passed away at the age of 53 yesterday,

it seems like the whole life is being decided by our pump, damn it,
Post 23 Apr 2018, 06:38
sleepsleep

going to have my blood check tomorrow morning, hopefully everything good, damn it,
hate this kinda feelings,

there are still infinite tons of experiences i want to go through here on earth,

must be very conscious to choose what to eat and drink, those many parts inside our own body, could go haywire anytime due to dna bug, or bug introduced by our own self,

suddenly life became a feeling like walking on a tight rope, no kidding, is like a random firing devices all pointing at you and could fire randomly without warning,

surely, one could try not bothering and thinking about all these, but haywire could come any moment, which is undeniable,

maximize the potential of now? but still, some changes need more changes, is not like you could go from level 10 without going through level 2 to 9, what a tight rope,

saw a stove yesterday in dream, the fire is blue, but the issue is, there are blue fire too in the gas allowable rotator, wouldnt the rotator became very hot? just kinda puzzle why i saw such stove in dream, it doesnt makes sense in dream too,
Post 24 Apr 2018, 13:17
sleepsleep

maybe it is essential for a human to produce his own food and drinks, probably medicine,
Post 24 Apr 2018, 17:59
sleepsleep

gonna spend the years to analyze the system,

there just infinite ideas to aware something, to aware to the point almost all questions are answered, then you get a glimpse of no question anymore, maybe for that particular moment,

how come we define everything about vibrations? Laughing
Post 27 Apr 2018, 20:48
sleepsleep

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

NICK BANAYO KUMANDER BANTUGAN
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC78Iq7BAqp2BadsNaQcqfQQ/videos

exorcism videos in philipine,

isnt it extraordinary, we try so hard to find alien, in fact, we already got ample videos Laughing
Post 28 Apr 2018, 21:43

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 159, 160, 161  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: