flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > Why we should always disable JS (and flash)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

Furs wrote:
WTF how is that even legal? I can understand logging IP addresses, but seriously home addresses and such? There is a reason this data falls under Privacy Policy. The fact they send it before even agreeing to the privacy policy should be illegal.

Welcome to the Internet. Laws won't protect you. Once your privacy is lost you can't get it back. Just ask Babs. Don't keep waiting for someone else to protect you with laws and court procedures and whatnot, because they won't. You can do this yourself, easily: no JS and done.
Post 29 Jun 2017, 14:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Furs

But in this case it's not an individual you want to go after, it's a company who prides itself in that. I reckon that sort of thing ought to be illegal immediately.

Logging is fine and all but how retarded is to actually log your information before you even agree to their terms and privacy policy? What if you actually do NOT agree to their privacy policy and yet they stole your information already? This is 100% a thing that has to be (made) illegal.
Post 29 Jun 2017, 15:28
revolution

It probably is illegal in some countries. I don't know the laws of every country, so perhaps it is completely legal in other countries? Anyhow, someone will have to try and sue them before they will voluntarily stop taking people's data. It is worth money to them so of course they will take whatever they can.
Post 29 Jun 2017, 15:39
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699

probably the main issue is they are making js more and more powerful, more and more intrusive to os internal functions, gpu functions, etc

i would suggest, create a new js maybe name litejs, lite functions, lite features, thats it,
Post 29 Jun 2017, 15:50
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
probably the main issue is they are making js more and more powerful, more and more intrusive to os internal functions, gpu functions, etc

i would suggest, create a new js maybe name litejs, lite functions, lite features, thats it,

A good idea, but that is what the original JS was meant to be. People will start to add more "needed" features, and then websites will require the new features to function, and then more "convenient" features are added, and websites then require those to function, ... etc.

It is just a box of snakes ready to bite anyone. And yet people keep putting their hand in the box because, um, I'm not sure why actually. Sometimes those snakes are sleeping and you are okay, but when they are hungry ... Twisted Evil
Post 29 Jun 2017, 17:19
TmX

sleepsleep wrote:

Any web devs here?
How many of you write web apps completely without JS?

Smile
Post 30 Jun 2017, 03:50
revolution

TmX wrote:
How many of you write web apps completely without JS?

Umm, what do you mean by "web app"? Web pages can certainly be done without JS. But sometimes looking at some of the pages out there it would make one wonder if the dev even knows what HTML is. Shocked
Post 30 Jun 2017, 10:51
TmX

revolution wrote:
Umm, what do you mean by "web app"?

Well, something that is used to be desktop only, then run on your browser.
Inventory management, POS, attendance management, etc etc

In a way, maybe we can use "web apps" and "web pages" terms interchangeably Smile
Post 03 Jul 2017, 01:54
revolution

Web apps can't be audited in any good way. They can change at any time, or even each time you visit the URL. There is no assurance about what they are doing.

Web pages are much more predictable. Nothing happens until you decide to make it happen.

I don't think those terms should be use interchangeably. They mean different things.
Post 04 Jul 2017, 07:13
YONG

revolution wrote:
I don't think those terms should be use interchangeably. They mean different things.

Not long ago a forum member argued that "A" and "a" were just two representations of the same letter. Perhaps he/she now understands that "A" and "a" are two different characters and have different uses -- they mean different things!

Wink
Post 04 Jul 2017, 09:37
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699

revolution wrote:

Umm, what do you mean by "web app"?

web app imo is programs that utilize web technologies as their core language, mainly, html, javascript, jscript, vbscript, php, cgi, flash, css, hta etc

web apps can be presented with/without browser, but web pages must be presented with browser,

web apps usually process input, and web pages don't, they usually display output,

and they are different, Wink web apps using 8 chars, and web pages using 9 chars, Laughing
Post 04 Jul 2017, 20:16
revolution

YONG wrote:

revolution wrote:

Not long ago a forum member argued that "A" and "a" were just two representations of the same letter. Perhaps he/she now understands that "A" and "a" are two different characters and have different uses -- they mean different things!

I think you are confusing form with function.
Post 05 Jul 2017, 01:06
YONG

revolution wrote:

I think that you are confusing clickbaits with jokes.

Mad
Post 05 Jul 2017, 02:51
sleepsleep

revolution wrote:

i think this is quite a nice thought, Wink

so it is possible to have,
same form, but different function,
or different form always resulted different function?
or
different form, but same function,
or different form always resulted same function?
Post 05 Jul 2017, 21:21
YONG

sleepsleep wrote:
so it is possible to have,
same form, but different function,
or different form always resulted different function?
or
different form, but same function,
or different form always resulted same function?

revolution regularly uses the following phrases as his/her arguments:

. confuses form from function (or vice versa)
. different semantics, same end result
. different representations of the same thing

Cliche, cliche, and more cliche!

Wink
Post 06 Jul 2017, 04:48
sleepsleep

https://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/android-backdoor-ghostctrl-can-silently-record-your-audio-video-and-more/
Android Backdoor GhostCtrl can Silently Record Your Audio, Video, and More.

say thank you to android, Wink.
i might want to acquire such capability in coming years, Wink
Post 18 Jul 2017, 08:29
Furs

Haven't seen revolution in a while, hope he/she/it's alright.
Post 20 Jul 2017, 17:01
YONG

Furs wrote:

revolution is on vacation and probably enjoying a bike trip somewhere right now. Hope that he/she will be back in one piece very soon!

Wink
Post 21 Jul 2017, 04:06
sleepsleep

Furs wrote:

try search facebook, with biking event month of june and july, he/she/it most probably inside one of those pictures, Wink
Post 21 Jul 2017, 19:43
revolution

I'm not on Facebook. It requires JS so no Facebook for me.
Post 25 Jul 2017, 09:30

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: