flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Why we should always disable JS, Wasm and Flash

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
guignol

guignol
btw, revō, where's that cool browser writ in fasm?
Post 30 Dec 2019, 09:43
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Tomasz Grysztar
Post 19 Feb 2020, 15:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
sleepsleep
gotta quit internet Very Happy , everybody got a mouse moving picture now, unless you move using tab
Post 19 Feb 2020, 16:32
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Image tagging has been known for a long time. Those ETag values can be used as pseudo tracking cookies. The consequence of which is if you enable image caching then you have also enabled sites to track you with ETags. The solution it to disable images (or only whitelist images in sites you care about). And if you have done that then CSS :hover images will also be neutered.
Post 19 Feb 2020, 17:05
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Tomasz Grysztar
revolution wrote:
The solution it to disable images (or only whitelist images in sites you care about). And if you have done that then CSS :hover images will also be neutered.
What about other kinds of resources that CSS can access? Like fonts, cursors, etc.
Post 19 Feb 2020, 17:13
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Tomasz Grysztar wrote:
What about other kinds of resources that CSS can access? Like fonts, cursors, etc.
Those could be interesting vectors also.

For me personally I always used my own font. FF allows us to select a local font and ignore anything the site wants to give us.

I wasn't aware that sites could also set custom cursors.
Post 19 Feb 2020, 17:20
DimonSoft

DimonSoft
revolution wrote:
Image tagging has been known for a long time. Those ETag values can be used as pseudo tracking cookies. The consequence of which is if you enable image caching then you have also enabled sites to track you with ETags. The solution it to disable images (or only whitelist images in sites you care about). And if you have done that then CSS :hover images will also be neutered.

But it’s CSS that gives access to this stuff! Why should we disable JS that gives access to certain things but not CSS?

---

It’s funny how people moved to looking for stuff that uses optimization effects. I doubt effects of optimization should be treated as security vulnerabilities but… Meltdown/Spectre, this stuff. I’m looking forward to measuring CPU temperature to find out whether particular branch executes or not.
Post 20 Feb 2020, 08:18

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: