flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > Genetically Modified Organisms ;)

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MHajduk

MHajduk
Example of the Genetically Modified Organism (GMO): smiling onion and its "normal" relatives. Wink

Post 24 Jun 2008, 19:28
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
oh my god!

shocking!

stop the modification now, i don't want to know what happens if we modify a cow!
Post 24 Jun 2008, 19:37
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
demiourgos

demiourgos
MHajduk wrote:
Example of the Genetically Modified Organism (GMO): smiling onion and its "normal" relatives. Wink
Yeah, right.. And the next step will ba a laughing onion, huh?
Post 24 Jun 2008, 20:19
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

revolution
Like the "face on Mars", it would seem to be just a coincidence.

Unfortunately, silly little one-offs like the above are the enough to make some people think any genetic modification is evil. Oh how I wish the general populace were more rational.
Post 03 Jul 2008, 17:37
asmhack

asmhack
revolution wrote:

Unfortunately, silly little one-offs like the above are the enough to make some people think any genetic modification is evil. Oh how I wish the general populace were more rational.

that onion, IS evil Twisted Evil

Razz
Post 03 Jul 2008, 18:03
MHajduk

MHajduk
revolution wrote:
I was slightly disappointed when I saw that people treated this thread too seriously. Confused It was only a joke. Smile This onion was real (now is completely dried-up - "mummified") and I thought it's a good idea to take its photo and prepare funny comment as a description. Wink
Post 03 Jul 2008, 19:29
revolution

revolution
MHajduk wrote:
I was slightly disappointed when I saw that people treated this thread too seriously. Confused It was only a joke. Smile This onion was real (now is completely dried-up - "mummified") and I thought it's a good idea to take its photo and prepare funny comment as a description. Wink
Sorry 'bout that. Looks like we all got the wrong end of the stick.

So let's try to lighten thing up a bit, I still remember the potato that was shaped like a pe... oh, never mind, you wouldn't be interested in that.
Post 03 Jul 2008, 20:06
MHajduk

MHajduk
revolution wrote:
I still remember the potato that was shaped like a pe...
Laughing I saw somewhere a picture of the ass-shaped tomato... Laughing
revolution wrote:
oh, never mind, you wouldn't be interested in that.
How I should understand this phrase? Wink
Post 03 Jul 2008, 20:21
tom tobias

tom tobias
Glad to read that nothing much has changed in the interim, since the hack. Same heap. good.

Smile

Post 03 Jul 2008, 20:36
revolution

revolution
MHajduk wrote:
revolution wrote:
oh, never mind, you wouldn't be interested in that.
How I should understand this phrase? Wink
Lack of interest, disinterestedness, devoid of care, not bothered to learn about it. After all, as tom implies, the level of conversation here can quickly be lowered soon after revolution posts. So I was trying to pre-empt the possible slide into depravity and get it back on track. Looks like I failed, again, as usual. Wink
Post 04 Jul 2008, 01:40
Borsuc

Borsuc
revolution wrote:

Sure, everything is a coincidence..

no matter how many coincidences we find, we still go ahead and claim that.. strange thing, people say the chances to not be a coincidence are still very slim, wonder why? Rolling Eyes

For me, that argument is just as saying "God did it" or "It was a coincidence".. simple explanation, doesn't make our heads crack for what we believe in (because it might change our beliefs, religious or materialism, whatever)
Post 04 Jul 2008, 13:25
revolution

revolution
The_Grey_Beast wrote:
... people say the chances to not be a coincidence are still very slim, wonder why?
I realise your Q is rhetorical but I want to answer it anyway. The reason is that most people do not have a proper grasp of probabilities. We humans, as a population, seem not to be programmed to deal with extreme probabilities, and thus make rather huge leaps of faith simply because some improbable event has occurred. Fortunately with things like modern mathematics, that is slowly changing.
Post 04 Jul 2008, 13:50
MHajduk

MHajduk
"Oak apples" Wink

(in fact these are examples of oak galls - mutations of an oak leaf caused by chemicals injected by larvae of some insects, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oak_apple)

Photos taken by me today:

ImageImage
Post 14 Sep 2008, 16:25
asmfan

asmfan
hmm... tasty)
Post 15 Sep 2008, 08:45
MHajduk

MHajduk
asmfan wrote:
hmm... tasty)
Hehe, Laughing these galls are colorful and can surprise when you see it for the first time ("Apples on the oak? Did I miss something? Rolling Eyes"), but I wouldn't advise you to eat it. Wink I suppose that these "apples" are bitter because of a big dose of tannins - these galls were applied some time ago as a cure for diarrhea. Wink Besides, extract from galls was also applied as a hair paint.
Post 15 Sep 2008, 09:47
asmfan

asmfan
MHajduk wrote:
these galls were applied some time ago as a cure for diarrhea. Wink Besides, extract from galls was also applied as a hair paint.

cure not cause) tasty anyway. Adoptation - that's mankind needs in modern world)

Post 15 Sep 2008, 14:47
MHajduk

MHajduk
asmfan wrote:
cure not cause) tasty anyway.
Well, I heard about alcoholic extracts (tinctures) of oak galls... Wink but eating these "apples" is an absolute novelty for me. Cool We shouldn't forget about this special "stuffing" (larva of insect) - some extra proteins inside. Wink Laughing
Post 15 Sep 2008, 15:25
Tyler

Tyler
Purple taters!!!
Post 17 Sep 2010, 01:58
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Plants get naturally "genetically modified" all the time. It is very common to find male-reproduction-organ-shaped potato or carrot, for example.
Post 17 Sep 2010, 16:41
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
edfed

edfed
vid wrote:
Plants get naturally "genetically modified" all the time. It is very common to find male-reproduction-organ-shaped potato or carrot, for example.

or else...Image Razz

Post 17 Sep 2010, 16:51

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: