flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.
 Home   FAQ   Search   Register 
 Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
flat assembler > Heap > fasmcon web site

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vid
Verbosity in development

comrade: Are you planning to attend?
Post 19 Jun 2011, 12:22
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
JohnFound

It is a good idea.
Fasmcon tradition is great, and AFAIK unique in assembly programming world, but it have to be maintained in order to not decline.
Anyway, I can try to investigate how hard is to be organized such conference, here in Bulgaria. Unfortunately, I have no experience with such work, so the result can not be predicted. Very Happy (but my wife can help me and she have such skills).
Post 20 Jun 2011, 21:52
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

It is an interesting idea to try out. I've never been to Bulgaria and my knowledge of your country is shamefully low. As for the FASMCON, from my meager experiences, this is what you need is:

- place to sleep for everyone
- "conference room" large enough for everyone to sit confortably with projector
- beer and (to lesser degree) food available close by
- hardest part: find enough people to attend, help them with arranging arrival, leaving, fitting date, etc.
Post 20 Jun 2011, 22:21
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
JohnFound

Sleep, food and beer should not be a problem.
OK, lets start with the hardest part.

Please, who (even loosely) have some intention to attend to fasmcon 2011 in Bulgaria (probably somewhere in the country) please, post here.

The supposed time of the conference is September-October 2011. It is great time, especially if the weather is OK - just after the end of the summer tourists season and before the winter one - the hotels are empty, undisturbed and cheap.
After we have the approximate number of participants, I will check and post the further details.
Post 20 Jun 2011, 23:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

me, but I might need at least some help with travelling to Bulgaria country from major cities.
Post 21 Jun 2011, 00:10
JohnFound

vid wrote:
me, but I might need at least some help with travelling to Bulgaria country from major cities.

There (of course) will be some arrangement for the final stage of the trip. At least, very detailed instructions, at best, special group bus. Twisted Evil
Post 21 Jun 2011, 00:18
JohnFound

Hm, not too big enthusiasm... Maybe I have to open separate topic on subject...
Post 22 Jun 2011, 12:07
vid
Verbosity in development

yep, expect it to be very hard to find people for it.
Post 22 Jun 2011, 12:16
tom tobias

Hi John,
FASMCON is a great idea, I agree, however, it had the most success in previous years, partly because of some considerable organizational assistance from one FASM member.

Absent that significant input, it becomes a bit more like a club activity: fun, entertaining, and useful, but not quite as productive.

Much as I would like to visit with so many good folks, I will not be able to attend this year (again).

Sad

regards,

tom
Post 05 Jul 2011, 10:08
YONG

Can we assume that there will be no FASMCON this year? Rolling Eyes

If so, whom should we blame for the failure this time? Rolling Eyes

Wink
Post 06 Oct 2011, 10:52
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

Quote:
If so, whom should we blame for the failure this time?

Everyone not willing to come. It is questionable whether it's worth to organize conference for ~6 people.
Post 06 Oct 2011, 11:39
tom tobias

It should be borne in mind, too, I think, that at least one of the earlier conferences was financially subsidized by a generous contribution from one of the forum members.

For me, personally, both conferences I have attended were GREAT successes, that I shall always treasure, but, I am not sure that folks outside the conference could draw that same conclusion, as we were not as well prepared, as perhaps we should have been, for transmitting conference proceedings....

I must say though, that those who figured out the arrangements at both conferences I attended, did a terrific job! So, maybe the next conference, could improve on that relative transmission weakness, while maintaining the excellence of the presentations themselves, in the profoundly interesting surroundings.

FASM is now a mature technology, but remains useful, and some of the original possibilities, e.g. desktop operating system written purely in x86 ASM, remain at the forefront, awaiting elaboration.

Smile
Post 20 Oct 2011, 16:51
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

It is a pity it could not be organised this year. I was in Poland just recently for two weeks and I had secretly hoped that the conference could be on (anywhere in Europe would have been fine) and I would attend. But, alas, it was not to be. Crying or Very sad
Post 22 Oct 2011, 09:46
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
malpolud

What about Fasm Con 2013, has anybody thought about it? I've been and I could shyly propose organisation of such an event next year here in Poland.

For the official part we could borrow a conference room from one of the local universities or even invite some students interested in topics related. Fasmers could prepare some speeches about whatever related to fasm, coding, processors so we could make a plan of the conference and announce it.

Anybody interested?
Post 30 Aug 2012, 11:33
tom tobias

malpolud wrote:
Anybody interested?

I am interested. An effective conference is indeed organized many months in advance, and obtains commitments from speakers, accommodations, conference rooms, etc, well ahead of time.....

It is not trivial to put together a good conference, and moreover, someone has to order the tshirts!

Maybe you need, first, to make sure there is a conference chef, an organizer, who will make the important decisions on dates, times, places, and gain a firm agreement from at least two or three FASM forum members willing to give a presentation. Such a talk, will need to be prepared ahead of time, to be available for uploading in real time, so that participants unable to fly to Poland, can nevertheless follow along.....

Cheers,

tom
Post 06 Oct 2012, 18:47
malpolud

tom tobias thank you for the answer. I am aware that a good conference should be prepared long before the actual event, that is why I asked long before.

Unfortunately I have to give up the idea of me being the organizer of Fasmcon, recently I got engaged in a couple of projects, and my finances will not look as good as I predicted.
Post 08 Oct 2012, 09:18
Lummis

I love the idea, it is important actually to keep a good hegemony, user base, etc.
Uh, the 'google hosted' videos don't seem to work... Someone has them? (upload to youtube?) - With Skype we could expand the concept...
Post 16 Dec 2012, 14:25
edfed

maybe if we make some very good presentations to see on youtube, about some ideas, and share them, it would be a start to a conferance
after, nothing makes impossible to organise multiple conferences connected via skype. form example, if french members exists in my region, i will behappy to make a sort of fasm week end at home or elsewhere connected to all fasm members in their respective regions, and let the phenomenon evolve by itself
no?
Post 16 Dec 2012, 23:24
upsurt

Do you plan a fasmcom for 2014?
Post 14 Jan 2014, 21:26
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

upsurt wrote:
Do you plan a fasmcom for 2014?

There are no plans at the moment. However I would be glad to meet some of the members of this board again, even if in a smaller and more informal event instead of conference.
Post 28 Jan 2014, 22:45

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >

Forum Rules: