flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Feedback > marking political/religious threads

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
vid
Verbosity in development

kohlrak: small example for you, of what i said. Demonstrates how people end up, if they don't even try to contradict what is told to them: http://www.shoutfile.com/v/gSfSsCpR/Why_People_Believe_Americans_Are_Stupid
Post 12 Jan 2007, 16:17
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
kohlrak

I've had some issues with that link. I can't use it... Could you sum it up?

NOTE: the issues i had with the link were the following.

-Clicked and it froze the browser, which then would not even respond to "end process" commands forcing me to restart the computer.
-Upon return, video no longer even shows up on the web page.
Post 13 Jan 2007, 19:33
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

wow. might be it uses some activeX controls to play video, which are broken on your system. try to google the video name "Why People Believe Americans Are Stupid" and play it elsewhere
Post 14 Jan 2007, 08:14
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
kohlrak

my firewall is supposed to disable the active x controls, which makes me wonder why it wouldn't the first time when i went to the website and it did start to play the vid.

EDIT: You know, i feel sorry for those morons. I'm still watchin' the video, but if you sit in an American social studies class and watch how many people don't pay attention, then you'll see why most don't know diddly squat about politics. Sit in a science class, math class, english class, programming class, and foreign language class and to understand, quickly, why Americans never have a clue about anything else. Americans are handed everything in their classes. No one ever does any thinking except when they're trying to figure out how to run a calculator for math class. One of the "benefits" of my C++ course is "problem solving skills." My culinary arts class... I'll leave it at, "We do study guides, copy recipies, and listen to sermons about getting our work done on time." Americans aren't stupid because they don't hear debates, they are stupid because they don't have any opinions to begin with. Look how long those people take to come up with an opinion.
Post 14 Jan 2007, 20:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
tantrikwizard

kohlrak wrote:
Americans are handed everything in their classes. No one ever does any thinking except when they're trying to figure out how to run a calculator for math class.

This is more of a failure of the prostitute politicians that lower standards so everyone will pass. Most students have always done the bare minimum to pass so they can go home and play video games, hang out with friends or sniff intoxicating inhalents. The idiot politicians lower standards so minorities and illegal aliens dont feel left out.
Post 14 Jan 2007, 23:06
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
kohlrak

tantrikwizard wrote:
kohlrak wrote:
Americans are handed everything in their classes. No one ever does any thinking except when they're trying to figure out how to run a calculator for math class.

This is more of a failure of the prostitute politicians that lower standards so everyone will pass. Most students have always done the bare minimum to pass so they can go home and play video games, hang out with friends or sniff intoxicating inhalents. The idiot politicians lower standards so minorities and illegal aliens dont feel left out.

That and the fact they're idiots. I mean, common, you waste money on government programs to make things easier, but you make 90% of your grade based on homework. You do that, and people will "do" (copy the answers from the back of the book) their homework and pass and leave the classroom completely clueless on what the topic even was. I have to hand it to Americans, for going into school and learning almost nothing, they sure do know alot. They're not the smartest bunch in the world, but pretty good for people who have to pretty much self educate themselves. Never fails that all the teachers give you projects and assume that you have a computer at home (that also happens to have microsoft works installed) to do them. Seriously, this one test we got in my Algebra I class, the last 3 or 4 problems dealt with the format of equations in a "spread sheet." You'd think that in my second year of french, i would be able to speak more of it than 1 month of japanese, but that's deffinately not the case. My japanese book, it has alot of stuff in it that's more vague than the language itself, and it isn't even a school text book. I'm finding better info on random websites for free. It's the reson that i plan to leave this country one day, and head some where else. I almost don't care where...
Post 16 Jan 2007, 05:42
tantrikwizard

What we are considering education is also changing with the technology age. Now it's not so important to have so many facts memorized, rather the ability to find facts on demand. I have seen research that suggests in 2025 every known fact will be available upon demand at every point on the globe. Hence, memorization of same is less an issue then locating needed fact. As we see with software development, a great amount of time is spent in researching. One of the favored skills among engineers is the ability to locate information, not necessarily the amount of information memorized.

Also, the American public school systems were not intended to serve the same function as the public schools of other countries. The American public schools were intended to cater to the indigent who could not afford private schooling. It was always intended and considered second rate to private schools. Public schools in the USA were intended as a last resort, not a preferred education. In recent years the public schools have become the norm and private schools the odd-ball. The public school system has not evolved with the social requirements, still being a bare minimum and second rate education as it was designed.
Post 16 Jan 2007, 17:10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
kohlrak

Quote:
What we are considering education is also changing with the technology age. Now it's not so important to have so many facts memorized, rather the ability to find facts on demand. I have seen research that suggests in 2025 every known fact will be available upon demand at every point on the globe. Hence, memorization of same is less an issue then locating needed fact. As we see with software development, a great amount of time is spent in researching. One of the favored skills among engineers is the ability to locate information, not necessarily the amount of information memorized.

That's also something i've seen, but i've seen more "tricks" than anything. Alot of teachers only care that your grades are up. They give you "bonus points" at about every nook and cranny that they can.

Quote:
Also, the American public school systems were not intended to serve the same function as the public schools of other countries. The American public schools were intended to cater to the indigent who could not afford private schooling. It was always intended and considered second rate to private schools. Public schools in the USA were intended as a last resort, not a preferred education. In recent years the public schools have become the norm and private schools the odd-ball. The public school system has not evolved with the social requirements, still being a bare minimum and second rate education as it was designed.

Private schools aren't as bad, from what i've heard, but they're not Albert Einsteins walking out of there.

I joked about this with my "World Cultures" teacher, and he jumped on the opportunity and ask why i didn't get all As. If it wasn't in school and we had more time, i would have taken it further than that, but i decided not to. It would have been very interesting. it's cute how they always just sit there and wonder why too...
Post 18 Jan 2007, 00:41
Adam Kachwalla

Why not put an icon on the thread that is likely to offend religious people and politicians, etcetera?
Post 16 Jun 2007, 05:12
vid
Verbosity in development

adam: i believe it is explained enough in previous massive debates... :/
Post 16 Jun 2007, 07:35

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: