flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Feedback > New "Other Assemblers" forum

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Japheth

Hi,

could one add an "Other Assemblers" sub-forum in the "Other" or "Specific" branches?

Why? Some of the more generic boards (win32asm, masm32) don't allow the freedom of speech which I - and others - do regard as vital for a living board.

Regards

Japheth
Post 12 Oct 2006, 05:41
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

i think you can post such questions in Main section. You just always should note in subject, that you are talking about different assembler.

And if it becomes too annoying, then it will probably get banned... so google twice before asking once Smile
Post 12 Oct 2006, 11:07
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Remy Vincent

Japheth wrote:
...Some of the more generic boards (win32asm, masm32) don't allow the freedom of speech which I

Sometimes I search AN ASSEMBLER JOB, but in our usual Government web site... "We need a MASM programmer"... "We need a TASM programmer"... are sentences easily found on a non-assembler job web site. Unfortunatly "We need a FASM programmer" is never is rarely, or even never found on such non-assembler job web site. CONCLUSION, generic boards (win32asm, masm32) are clearly involved in """Projects""", with people with a precise goal, no time to loose, etc. That's why generic boards don't like other topics than "solving problems"... I think So don't dare to add any unofficial topic on those generic boards... They walk in a specific direction and they dont' want to be disturbed, even by "a could be funny" topic. I think

Post 12 Oct 2006, 15:08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Niels

@Japeth, I am sure you can image some situation(s) where you too will be against freedom of speech Smile But assuming to know what you meant, I totally agree.

@Remy Vincent, Would it have, or stand a change, you being the one who is placing the ad, "FASM programmer needs job.", would they proceed ignoring a good assembler and/or a good programmer?
Post 13 Oct 2006, 10:16
Remy Vincent

Niels wrote:
would they proceed ignoring ... and/or a good programmer?

I really don't know what level I need to reach to become a """usable and payable""" assembler programmer ? May be adding BOOT knowledge + 64 bit knowledge would be... What do you think ?
Post 13 Oct 2006, 11:41
Niels

Hello Remy Vincent,

Well 64-bit will get more obvious in time but still isn't 'mainstream', so call it a pre if you do know. Ask yourself two question: A. Can I write a good driver for new hardware if you have all documentation/manual(s), this also implies PCI/USB/etc nolidge. B. Can I write any application demand a potential client could ask for.

Ask yourself the same questions in a platform/OS depended manner. How could you participate and really helpful on the exisiting workmethod. One option for ASM's could be the ASM-geek(bit-splasher) in a C environment.

Niels.

ps.
Some applications really need special 'on-top' skills, like p.a. writing a full-blown 3D-application or musicians-application, one needs to be the user and musician, the latter mostly in theory; music also means alot of musicians-math. How one could/will participate in large(r) project(s) should be made clear in a self-advertising story. Between you and me, 'if you're good', don't hold back, 'let them know'!

pps.
The message is not 'know everything, before...' Smile
Post 13 Oct 2006, 15:10
Niels

ASM requires a certain state-of-mind; patience, direct, insight of interaction and clear 'vision' simpleness in (large)complex-based-simplicities.

Of course a reasonable amount of RAM is also required. Smile
With a good several-object-pointer-scheme.
Post 13 Oct 2006, 15:36
Vortex

Quote:
Of course a reasonable amount of RAM is also required.

How did you arrive to this conclusion?

Post 13 Oct 2006, 17:31
Niels

Is this a serious question or did you forgot you asked it? Smile
Post 13 Oct 2006, 17:56
Niels

Hello Remy Vincent,

If you want to judge your own violin play, let your violin play be judged by a good/skillful player, or if you know how on what level others play their violin and find that you have the skills to judge it by listening carefully, you can make your own conclusion considering your own violin-play on a certain level-'standard'.

Niels.

ps.
Being better than 5 lousy players is a level difference but not a standard. Smile
Post 13 Oct 2006, 19:13
Niels

Of course there are three types of playing the violin:
Playing solo, playing in a group and playing with a group.
Post 13 Oct 2006, 19:19
Vortex

Quote:
Is this a serious question or did you forgot you asked it?

Asm doesn't require a reasonable amout of RAM as you stated it seriously.

Post 14 Oct 2006, 09:21
f0dder

Japheth: what do you mean with "freedom of speech"? Do you want helping virus and exploit writing kiddies?

It sucks that moderation is necessary, but there's too many people that aren't up to no good. And while they'll eventually find answers for their questions, I don't want to help them.

What sucks more, though, is that because of those kiddiots, certain topics just can't be discussed at the board :/
Post 14 Oct 2006, 13:18
Japheth

Hi f0dder,

I'm not against moderation in general, I'm strongly against moderation the way it is done by (certain) moderators/administrators in the two boards I mentioned earlier.

things which I don't like that much:

- posts which are deleted because a moderator feels it is not respectful enough ???
- posts which are deleted because a moderator dislikes the poster's opinion
- being urged to use PM in a public forum
- having to prove that my intentions are "harmless"
- being PMed by moderators telling me I'm on their "sh*tlist" ???

I've got the impression that some mods really love playing "prosecutor", but it is pretty childish IMO.

Regards
Post 14 Oct 2006, 13:48
Niels

@Vortex, a simple assembler, converting mnemonics to opcode, doesn't use alot of memory but an advanced assembler which is used intensively by the user to create a serious program, can take quit some memory, it also depends on how the assembler used is layered to built the end-binary.

But the truth is, that wasn't what I ment when I said:

Quote:
Of course a reasonable amount of RAM is also required. Smile

A user that is ASM'ing needs his RAM.

Niels.

ps.
I was talking 'bout the state-of-mind, I admit I only did a small summary. Smile
Post 14 Oct 2006, 14:18
Niels

@Youngest son of Noah, I still agree.
Post 14 Oct 2006, 15:52
rhyno_dagreat

Niels wrote:
@Youngest son of Noah, I still agree.

"And God blessed Noah, and all of his kin... with FASM." Wink
Post 14 Oct 2006, 20:29

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: