flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > party

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
tom tobias

Quote:

I suggest you to taste beer "Beer" then,

Vid, I believe you may have misunderstood my impoverished English:
Quote:

perhaps less perfect than Czech beer, but then, EVERY other beer possesses that quality

means, NO OTHER BEER can compare to Czech beer, i.e. it is the best.
Quote:

i want to meet with FASMers personally

Well, and that is admirable. I don't disagree at all. But, some folks will simply not be available at that time, or, some folks will not have an opportunity to travel to Poland...
What I am suggesting is that there will unlikely be a date or place which will suit everyone on the forum, but, many more FASM forumers could participate, in this important gathering, at least on the receiving end, if a webcam were available.
This is not like putting 9 pregnant ladies in a room for one month, and hoping to gain a child, but, with many people participating in a conference format, much more can be accomplished, than the simple arithmetic sum of the individual contributions.
Quote:

i'd love to meet you in person

Well, and one can easily see how the current FASM format of this forum leads to distortion, so yes, talking face to face would eliminate much of the confusion, and misunderstanding, that arises from misinterpretation, or poorly worded written communications. For instance, I in no way intended to imply that Hypervista thought ill of Krakow, as was interpreted by my comments praising Krakow. For those, like hypervista, unable to attend the session in Krakow, webcam offers a second best alternative. Not quite live, and face to face, but, at least, able to participate, to a certain extent, and with a higher probability of being not misunderstood as a consequence of imperfectly written text. I think webcam, despite some apparent limitations, offers a partial solution to accomplish Vid's goal.
Post 21 Aug 2006, 12:01
vid
Verbosity in development

Quote:
I believe you may have misunderstood my impoverished English
you are right. no idea what is "impoverished" but i believe it's something with using words that people don't understand Very Happy

but overcomplicating this process will NEVER lead to any party, this is the only sure way, whoever can will come. We aren't organizing UN conferention. Just few guys will get together and have fun

Last edited by vid on 21 Aug 2006, 13:17; edited 1 time in total
Post 21 Aug 2006, 12:54
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

tomasz: me and mazegen could arrive with this train:
Krakow Glowny 20:30
further it's on you to take/navigate us... somehow.

this train seems to go every friday btw
Post 21 Aug 2006, 13:14
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

It's OK, however I think about proposing some later date if that would allow more people to come.
Post 21 Aug 2006, 13:16
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

any date suits me, i don't have such further plans... we should at least move it one week later for HyperVista, so he can come
Post 21 Aug 2006, 13:19
zhak

I'll come for sure. If I'll have to go there on my own feet, even if I'll have to crawl... Smile)
But some later date will suite me better... (but not Sept. 28. It's my granny's birthday)
Post 21 Aug 2006, 16:20
Madis731

Later is okay for me too, but not Christmas Very Happy
Post 22 Aug 2006, 07:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

so there is 29.sept... if it suits evveryone (it's hard to plan things so far to future...)

and ppl who reported to come (if it will be possible):
tomasz, me, mazegen, hypervista, zhak, madis
Post 22 Aug 2006, 08:18
HyperVista

29th works for me. I can start toying with my laptop in the meantime to see if I can get streaming video working. tom tobias' suggestion to stream video, if possible, is a good idea. naturally, we'll need a broadband connection on that end and a server to host. i can see the slow motion replays of the hedge jumping contest now. Very Happy
Post 22 Aug 2006, 10:12
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

HyperVista: wow, just noticed it... you 'd come FROM USA?!? respect...
Post 22 Aug 2006, 10:25
pelaillo
Missing in inaction

Quote:

maybe Fresh project is somehow cursed...

Yeah, we have two prominent community members eaten by Fresh mascot...

Quote:

there really IS a slight difference between webcam meeting and meeting in person...

Yeah, I know. But is better than nothing. We could fix just an hour of e-party between one pub and another...
Post 22 Aug 2006, 13:02
HyperVista

vid - thank you, but no respect deserved. while i'll be relaxing on the flight, zhak will be arriving all the way from Belarus on his hands and knees. that deserves respect! Very Happy
Post 22 Aug 2006, 22:49
HyperVista

Tomasz et al - before I finalize my travel arrangements, is it confirmed that the date for the FASM gathering is 29 September (and perhaps carrying over into Saturday the 30th)?

What would your thoughts be on setting aside some formalized time to discuss FASM topics of interest? For example, if everyone is interested, I could talk a little bit about hypervisors (the one I'm building) and the recent extensions to the IA-32 ISA that accommodate virtualization features in the new processors from Intel and AMD. I'm sure there are other topics those in attendance will want to discuss as well. Perhaps we could collect a list of topics and you could choose which ones to go over during the FASM fiesta.

Do you think you can locate a suitable room? If not, I can inquire at the hotel about renting a conference room for an afternoon/evening.

Or is this suggestion out-of-line and just plan on enjoying the company of fellow FASM enthusiasts (which will be very cool in and of itself).

Thoughts?
Post 24 Aug 2006, 00:41
sylwek32

Quote:
29th works for me. I can start toying with my laptop in the meantime to see if I can get streaming video working. tom tobias' suggestion to stream video, if possible, is a good idea. naturally, we'll need a broadband connection on that end and a server to host. i can see the slow motion replays of the hedge jumping contest now. Very Happy

we'll need a broadband connection on that end and a server to host...

in Poland there are a lot of Internet Cafes and if you ask you can
use the broadband connection. And i have a server so you can stream
it to my server.
Post 24 Aug 2006, 05:22
vid
Verbosity in development

hypervista - if you will be talking about advanced topics, give us some materials to prepare, so we know what you are talking about Smile))

i also thought that everyone who has something interesting can present it, and then we will write some report.

(or maybe we will be so drunk all the time that we will forget everything Wink )
Post 24 Aug 2006, 10:49
okasvi

HyperVista, oh, now you're making me feel sad about not being able to come Sad
Post 24 Aug 2006, 14:29
MazeGen

okasvi, why you can't come?
Post 24 Aug 2006, 14:41
Madis731

I can take you there, okasvi, I don't want to travel alone long distances Razz - its at least 24h to Poland from Tallinn Sad
Post 25 Aug 2006, 11:41
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
MHajduk

FASM coders' meeting, September 2006, Cracow Wink:

Description: Diego Rodriguez de Silva Velazquez, "Luncheon", c.1617 (The State Hermitage Museum, St. Petersburg, Russia).
Filesize: 58.47 KB
Viewed: 4467 Time(s)

Luncheon.jpg

Last edited by MHajduk on 06 May 2007, 15:14; edited 3 times in total
Post 25 Aug 2006, 11:46
MazeGen

Mikolaj, who from them is Thomasz? Wink

I can recognize just you, sitting on the right with thumb up (what means, "you forgot to increment ecx, man!"). Very Happy
Post 25 Aug 2006, 12:49

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: