flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Heap > party

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Feryno

Feryno
I vote for Krakow
Post 07 Jul 2006, 11:57
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ICQ Number Reply with quote
HyperVista

HyperVista
What's the latest on the FASM party? Any dates set yet?
Vid - how was the Scorpion's concert last week?
Post 03 Aug 2006, 11:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
HyperVista: I wasn't there Sad
There was some action in our town and i "had" to go...

about "party", i think it's now Tomasz's turn to set one fixed non-volatile date, preferably few weeks forward
Post 03 Aug 2006, 11:53
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
MazeGen

MazeGen
I'm also waiting to some fixed date when Tomasz invites us to Kraków Smile

Preferably in September or October.
Post 04 Aug 2006, 09:29
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
Smile
Post 05 Aug 2006, 19:15
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Tomasz Grysztar
My [first?] proposal is September 22-24.
Post 19 Aug 2006, 11:33
MazeGen

MazeGen
Thanks Tomasz, I can be there Smile
Post 19 Aug 2006, 11:43
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
i will be there too
Post 19 Aug 2006, 13:31
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
Krakow is not some small village, and the university is not some college in the corn fields....
WHERE is this gathering to occur?
Confused
Post 19 Aug 2006, 14:59
MazeGen

MazeGen
In the best pub in the town probably Wink
Post 19 Aug 2006, 15:01
HyperVista

HyperVista
My wife's birthday is the 24th Sad
I'd be in serious trouble if I traveled to Krakow that weekend Shocked

I'd love to attend, but please have a Budvar for me!
Post 20 Aug 2006, 02:58
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
yo yo hypervista :p
how about celebrating her birthday in krakow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Post 20 Aug 2006, 03:59
HyperVista

HyperVista
hey vb - how's it going with you? btw, i really appreciate your fasm port of tut.

i considered taking the wife to Krakow, but somehow i don't think traveling 13hrs on Thurs, gettiing ripped with a group of asm programmers fri and sat ..... i mean discussing the merits of flat assemblers on fri and sat, only to fly back 14 hrs on sunday isn't what she had in mind for her birthday celebration... Wink

i had my flight reservations (flying into Katowice) before i realized it was her birthday .... glad i caught that before heading to the airport Very Happy
Post 20 Aug 2006, 04:19
vbVeryBeginner

vbVeryBeginner
lol Very Happy
anyway, i hope she got a nice and happy ~ "birthday" celebration Smile
Post 20 Aug 2006, 05:22
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
tom tobias wrote:
Krakow is not some small village, and the university is not some college in the corn fields....
WHERE is this gathering to occur?

will you come?
Post 21 Aug 2006, 07:03
Madis731

Madis731
How would you people go there - Poland is 2 days driving from Estonia. Maybe by a plane? But if there will be a road-trip - we should plan it further and maybe fit many people in one car for the same route. The only persons taking the same route as me would be someone from Finland or those coming by a boat from Sweden.
Post 21 Aug 2006, 07:31
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
tom tobias

tom tobias
Quote:

will you come?

Difficult to plan, when neither the site of the meeting, nor a list of potential accommodations, nor for that matter, even certainty about the date has been specified. umm. Do I detect FASM documentation syndrome? Razz
Quote:

Poland is 2 days driving from Estonia

and n days from Seville, Istanbul, Tokyo, or Kuala Lumpur. WEBCAM!
Very Happy
Kind of difficult, to make travel plans when the venue is listed as being
Quote:

In the best pub in the town probably

If anyone has ever visited this famous city, it will be easily verified that there are DOZENS of "best pubs in town". Compared with many other countries, EVERY pub in Krakow is better than the typical pub "back home". Crying or Very sad
Quote:

(flying into Katowice)

There are direct flights into the international airport in Krakow originating from countries all over the world. Again, this is not some tiny provincial village, in the middle of nowhere. Krakow is an important, prosperous, dynamic urban area with a population greater than 1 million inhabitants, i.e. roughly 30% the size of Katowice. Surprised
Quote:

please have a Budvar for me

Shouldn't the festivities CONCLUDE rather than commence the gathering...? Embarassed
One is not obliged to consume Czech beer in Poland, Poles do make their own, perhaps less perfect than Czech beer, but then, EVERY other beer possesses that quality; Shocked
finally, unless Tomasz' personality has changed 180 degrees, he does not consume beer or any other alcoholic beverage.... Cool
As much as I enjoy good ale, FASM deserves sobriety, in my opinion. The university, premier in Poland, is very wealthy, and ought to furnish a room, with a webcam, for one day, to one of its distinguished graduate students. It may be more difficult to arrange for streaming video, since the mathematics department, i.e. Tomasz' department, which operates all data processing centers at the institution, has a phobia against internet communications, blocking all routine email, therefore, one can envision some pompous bureaucrat nixing the notion of uncensored streaming video/audio in real time, but, absent webcam, one is obliged to discuss FASM, a 21st century technology, with 19th century methods, wasting DAYS riding with horsedrawn carriage from Estonia, and beyond by steamship.
Rolling Eyes
Post 21 Aug 2006, 10:16
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
Quote:
Difficult to plan, when neither the site of the meeting, nor a list of potential accommodations, nor for that matter, even certainty about the date has been specified. umm.

there is always some risk in life, this is one of the smaller ones. Afraid of getting hit by car everytime when crossing the road?

Quote:
unless Tomasz' personality has changed 180 degrees, he does not consume beer or any other alcoholic beverage....

hmmmm....

Quote:
EVERY other beer possesses that quality

I suggest you to taste beer "Beer" then, costs aprox. 0.15$ (and tastes that way too).

i don't also find it important WHERE will we spend that time, i just don't care, i am not going there to see some specific location, i want to meet with FASMers personally.

by the way, there really IS a slight difference between webcam meeting and meeting in person...
Post 21 Aug 2006, 11:13
HyperVista

HyperVista
tom - lofl - you need to lighten up dude! afaik, no one suggested Krakow was a back water town. yes, we all know you've been to Krakow; very cool and good for you.

fyi, i selected Katowice because of better connection from Frankfurt around the time of my arrival there, not because i somehow "missed" the flights going directly to Krakow in the airline guides or that somehow my choice reflected some prejudice on my part about Krakow being a small town in the countryside.

my lighthearted wish for the fellows to enjoy a budvar was just that, no malicious slander against Polish brews. i was simply keying off a recent photo of vid and mazgen enjoying a pilsner uquel and it made me think of budvar ... thats all, no intended insult or reflection of my brew geography ignorance.

tom, dust off your sense of adventure and leap in, despite the fact the exact location and agenda isn't set yet. i'd love to meet you in person. i find your writings highly intelligent, entertaining and at times maddening and completely boring. you must have been a member a a debate team sometime in your past, no?

fyi, if the timing of the event changes from Sep 22 - 24, i'll be there. but by no means don't change the date simply on my account tomasz.
Post 21 Aug 2006, 11:29
vid
Verbosity in development

vid
feryno also told me he can't come on 22-24, too bad Sad maybe it could be a week sooner, if no one is against (i am okay with that)

having tomasz, me, mazegen, feryno and HyperVista there, makes solid base Very Happy

btw, what's with decard? haven't heard of him for some time? (maybe Fresh project is somehow cursed... Wink )

[edit]feryno can't go about this date... sorry for misinfo

Last edited by vid on 21 Aug 2006, 12:51; edited 2 times in total
Post 21 Aug 2006, 11:35

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: