flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Feedback > Why do you visit http://board.flatassembler.net?

Why do you visit FASM's online forum?
a h4X0r l1k3 m3 n33d5 .45M m0re 7h4n f00d!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I need someone to do my homework for me
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Buy my medicines online! Cheap! BUY NOW!
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
I want to learn assembly (eventually)
36%
 36%  [ 16 ]
I am in awe of Tomasz's skill!
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
only here can I find people who code stuff as weird as me
22%
 22%  [ 10 ]
don't wish to brag, but I can code circles around most people (and I demand recognition!)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
JABC: just another bored coder (with no life)
27%
 27%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 44

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
rugxulo

Just curious. FYI, the choices are a bit tongue-in-cheek. Razz
Post 06 Feb 2006, 07:44
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Madis731

Hmm, the options are not "me" Wink, but I chose something. I would have answered "to steal code from the rich and give it to the needed"
Razz
Post 06 Feb 2006, 08:12
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
vid
Verbosity in development

... that's how i feel in this capitalistic mass-crappy-code-production-.NET world
Post 06 Feb 2006, 10:10
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
tom tobias

I have no claim of expertise on tongues in cheeks, but, as far as online medicine is concerned, I do find this forum THERAPEUTIC, and participation is quite reasonable, regarding price, so, I was obliged to select online medicine procurement, among the listed possibilities. I am not certain, but the first choice in the poll appears to be gender biased, perhaps counterproductive to the modest goal of attracting female mathematicians to the forum....
Smile
Post 06 Feb 2006, 10:20
pelaillo
Missing in inaction

There's one option missing:

- To meet the only friends eager to talk about programming...
Post 06 Feb 2006, 12:41
RedGhost

there are many who are less skilled than me, i wish to help them
there are many who are more skilled than me, i wish for them to help me Wink

i post here because i like assembler, i like programming, reading about other peoples experiences, knowledge and projects, this stuff is fun to me.. and fasm is greater than all the competition Very Happy

vid wrote:

... that's how i feel in this capitalistic mass-crappy-code-production-.NET world

also what he said Cool, when i am helping someone programme in say C/C++ or even trying my best at some higher .net esq language it frustrates me when they really don't know what the hell their code is doing and it's very unoptimized : o

also i don't know why those people think it's hard to code a 'big' project in asm, i can write asm just as fast as C (which isn't much slower to write than C++) Cool

Post 06 Feb 2006, 14:51
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Borsuc

RedGhost wrote:
there are many who are less skilled than me, i wish to help them
there are many who are more skilled than me, i wish for them to help me Wink

same here Smile

RedGhost wrote:
i post here because i like assembler, i like programming, reading about other peoples experiences, knowledge and projects, this stuff is fun to me

Almost same here too Very Happy
I like to 'think', and programming is fun because it requires a lot of thinking (mainly algorithm designing/optimizing). I'm looking to extend my knowledge, i like to do this, and it's fun. Cool And I like to think in low-level computer-logic. Smile

vid wrote:

Voted this too, feel almost the same, but it's a bit different. Mainly because this capitalistic mass-crappy-code-production-.NET is 'hurting' the CPU (poor implementation). For me, it's more about appreciation. Most people do not appreciate the CPU or other designs for that matter. And to appreciate things you'll have to pass the abstraction barrier. I always appreciate every design, because it's complex, and I don't want to feed 'junk' to the CPU because of my flaws (computers do not have human flaws, like lazy, easy, rushing, or human-logic which is absolutely different from computer-logic).

heh, that doesn't mean I'm coding perfect, btw.. just that I try to appreciate and prefer better code over easy code. I understand how computers' logic works, and it frustrates me when people code in such a way more appropiate to 'human logic' (like saying that matrices are magical and not just a series of multiplications, or, more low-level, just a series of bits...)

imagine you trying to read machine-code, it will be EXTREMELY hard. And it's valid for machines also. Making them read 'human logic' is hard for them, i.e slower.

example? C++.. it's much more closer to human-logic (i.e inheritance abstractions, OOP).. by all means, computers do not have these 'flaws' and execute 'random' code as well as 'organized' code. It's a matter of 'poor design' here, not necessary unoptimized algorithms.

that doesn't mean computers are always better than humans. they cannot 'think', they are not creative, we 'program' them to do something (even AI is still programmed in a way, and doesn't think of it's own, it's just programmed to react in certain circumstances). But, as I said, they are different from humans in many aspects.

RedGhost wrote:
also what he said Cool, when i am helping someone programme in say C/C++ or even trying my best at some higher .net esq language it frustrates me when they really don't know what the hell their code is doing and it's very unoptimized : o

I always wanted to say that Wink And I am never impressed by these kind of people, because they don't even know what they're talkin' about Razz

I think my vote should have gone to "appreciation of computer design and understanding computers" or something like that Wink

PS: I don't like much to be 'abstracted'.. even if I code in a HLL, i still think in computer-logic, or something like that anyway
sorry for such long post Smile
Post 08 Feb 2006, 11:35
OzzY

I was in doubt:
"only here can I find people who code stuff as weird as me"
or
"JABC: just another bored coder (with no life)"
or
"a h4X0r l1k3 m3 n33d5 .45M m0re 7h4n f00d!" Laughing

so I voted "only here can I find people who code stuff as weird as me", because I really hate bloatware and people that call themselves "coders" while they are "designers" using "capitalistic mass-crappy-code-production-.NET" sh*t and know nothing about what's under the woods, they just think "I get it done in 5 minutes and sell it." and share the buggy-bad-coded-bloatware.
So, here with people that do what I call "the art of coding", I feel at home! Very Happy
Post 08 Feb 2006, 19:01
Madis731

Quote:

if it wasn't for C, we'd be using BASI, PASAL and OBOL

Hey, but lets C, we're still using ASM Very Happy
You have to admit that this is a bit easier than "Mahine language (ode)"
Post 08 Feb 2006, 22:02
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Reverend

I visit this forum, because before or now when I need some help I can get it from here of from other source. Now I'm not a master, but I know a bit and I share my knowledge with those who need it like I did before.
Some time ago I'd surely write that coding is facinating and I'm a passionate of it. I don't mean I don't like it now, but I guess the System got me, because of all the life issues I don't have much time to code Neutral.
Post 10 Feb 2006, 15:38
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MazeGen

"only here can I find people who code stuff as weird as me" voted.

I often visit this board, masmforum.com, winasmcommunity.net, anticrack.de, but I've noticed that in the last several weeks I like to spend my time mostly here because of a lot of interesting topics, even though I never programmed a single app in fasm Surprised
Post 19 Feb 2006, 06:54
Big Red

I voted for Tomasz. He's a great man!
Post 24 May 2006, 15:08
shoorick

if it wasn't for C, we'd be using BASI, PASAL and OBOL >
if it wasn't for C, we'd be using BASIK, PASKAL and KOBOL Smile
Post 25 May 2006, 04:25
cod3b453

One day I want to learn enough to write an OS, even if it is very basic ... it seems like half the guys here can probably do that, but I'm useless Embarassed

I like FASM a lot an dhave learnt soo much from it, but its soo hard to learn soo many things Sad
Post 08 Jul 2006, 23:25
Borsuc

cod3b453 wrote:
One day I want to learn enough to write an OS, even if it is very basic ... it seems like half the guys here can probably do that, but I'm useless Embarassed

I like FASM a lot an dhave learnt soo much from it, but its soo hard to learn soo many things Sad
You know, I had exactly the same feeling (if not even worse) when I first started programming, especially pointers (I was a bit crazy then). Wink

stop saying this to yourself, believe me. We all started from scratch, but as I learned more and more I started to enjoy programming and reading those books.

And never think "Oh, another day to read... damn". You should enjoy your learning curve since it is something you do for fun and not for money, etc. Trust me, I know how you feel Wink
Post 14 Jul 2006, 13:18
cod3b453

hehe pointers got me too, back when I was learning VB6 Laughing

I do enjoy how much I have learnt with FASM and how quickly I've picked it up, once I learnt the basics, its just very annoying when you've spent soo much time on something and achieved next to nothing...one day it'll probably all make sense and I'll be kicking myself Laughing
Post 14 Jul 2006, 17:25

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: