flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

Index > Feedback > The history of fasm's website

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Tomasz Grysztar

Tomasz Grysztar
As it's the 20th anniversary, I have been looking through the Wayback Machine and I have found out that quite a lot of the fasm's early websites have been preserved on the Web Archive, although the snapshots are often incomplete, missing some images or other binary files.

I had launched the first website for fasm over 20 years ago, in March 2000. The address was of my private homepage on a server of an association of math students on my University. The earliest snapshot available through the Wayback Machine is from March 2001, though - but it still looked the same, the very first crude design that I made all by myself.

Soon I had a mirror with a bit better address - fasm.metro-nt.pl (on a server of a company I did a little bit of work for). I continued to maintain the same page under both addresses, though.

Later in 2002 I changed the design of the website a bit, with help of a friend that made the graphics for me. And then I got another address, fasm.sourceforge.net, where I moved the site, discontinuing the previous ones. This was where this forum was first started in June 2003.
Note that http://fasm.sourceforge.net/ still works to this day, I use it to keep my own archival copy of the old website and releases of fasm.

However, it did not take me long to change the address once more, to flatassembler.net in July 2003 (the main reason was apparently that SourceForge was not working in some places). The website logo had been changed to reflect the new address, which I believed would be the final one. As for the style chosen for the message board, I made it look similar to the old Win32ASM Community board, which was the earlier place where fasm had its own forum and which I wanted to continue on my own site.

Then, in early 2004, I re-made the website with a new design that used no graphics and was unified with the look of the message board. And, with just minor tweaks and modernization, it stayed this way.
Post 05 May 2020, 17:31
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MazeGen

MazeGen
The old green web was cool. I think I remember it thanks to the cool blinking cursor Smile
Post 05 May 2020, 17:57
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: