flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > Windows 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
How to fix Wi-Fi problems on Windows 10 version 1903, April 2019 Update
https://pureinfotech.com/fix-wifi-problems-windows-10-1903-april-2019-update/

Insanity, Laughing
The whole New Setting stuffs is a huge chaos, the old control panel seems better in a lot of ways, now they just put things without any standard, disordered, in fact they abuse the SEARCH concept, they f CAUSED people to search for things that previously you don't have to search, what an idiot.

Bill Gates should really invest another company to do OS, this shit should be left dead.
Post 19 Mar 2019, 18:16
guignol

Why do you care about Windows anyway
Post 19 Mar 2019, 20:53
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

sleepsleep wrote:
The whole New Setting stuffs is a huge chaos, the old control panel seems better in a lot of ways, now they just put things without any standard, disordered, in fact they abuse the SEARCH concept, they f CAUSED people to search for things that previously you don't have to search, what an idiot.
Just don't update, problem solved. What's that you say, you have no choice about it. Oh yeah, I forgot, MS enforce updates. Because F.U., they will tell you what to do, you don't get a say in the matter. Sad

Actually I find it amazing that they would allow something so critical as the spying and logging "feature" to be curtailed by connection problems. That should have been the highest priority for the testing team to make sure continuous connection is available. Oh yeah, I forgot again, MS don't test their stuff, they use the people who click "search for updates" to be their unpaid beta testers. Sad
Post 19 Mar 2019, 22:18
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
guignol wrote:
Why do you care about Windows anyway

Cause I provide support to people who use this malware.

@revolution,
Laughing
Post 20 Mar 2019, 01:07
guignol

Like I said, provide support by establishing a viable OS.
Post 21 Mar 2019, 10:46
sleepsleep

Got to be very detail with Windows 10, more and more pesky and hidden telemetry all the way down inside Windows 10.

Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbweBASTARD

Shame on you Microsoft, pushing autostart Edge when users simply don't have the resources to run your B*.

Another shit that should be turn off by default,
Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewyBASTARD

Quote:
Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.11.5.17763_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI as Unavailable/Unavailable.

The damn telemetry Cortana, damn you Cortana.

Why is this SearchUI.exe must be started every now and then, damn it Windows 10. I know where I put my stuffs, I don't think freaking bastard Cortana, damn it.

https://www.askvg.com/windows-10-tip-remove-cortana-microsoft-edge-contact-support-and-feedback-apps/

All the troubles to get rid all these shits, damn it Windows 10.

Am I making myself suffer or Windows 10 making people life harder, damn you Windows 10.
Post 21 Mar 2019, 17:41
Furs

Web version of Skype now sniffs on your user agent and refuses to load unless it detects either Chrome or Edge (that's it), on Windows 10 (or mac).

That is, if you run Chrome on Windows 7 or Linux, it refuses to load, despite the fact you use a "supported browser". Because clearly, the OS version matters a ton for a website.

Note that even other browsers work with most functions, if you fake it as Windows 10 Chrome. Disgusting really.
Post 22 Mar 2019, 20:58
sleepsleep

I will try to load a web Skype when I meet a Windows 7 machine, afaik, it still loads and usable, the last time I could use it would be 2 months ago I guess.
Post 22 Mar 2019, 22:41
revolution

Furs wrote:
Web version of Skype now sniffs on your user agent and refuses to load unless it detects either Chrome or Edge (that's it), on Windows 10 (or mac).
Reminds me of the search engine problem.

https://board.flatassembler.net/topic.php?t=19997

If your user agent string is not to its liking it refuses to give results.

Yes, it is possible to change the user agent string. No, it shouldn't be necessary to change it. No, a website shouldn't need to use it to decide what actions to take.

And a general note to anyone writing webpages: Stop trying to make your page all fancy and fragile with special code based upon the user agent string.
Post 22 Mar 2019, 23:56
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

I did Windows 10 N LTSC 2019, KMS38, see if it could survives days.
Post 23 Mar 2019, 13:17
Furs

sleepsleep wrote:
I will try to load a web Skype when I meet a Windows 7 machine, afaik, it still loads and usable, the last time I could use it would be 2 months ago I guess.
They changed it this week.
Post 23 Mar 2019, 13:24
DimonSoft

Furs wrote:

That is, if you run Chrome on Windows 7 or Linux, it refuses to load, despite the fact you use a "supported browser". Because clearly, the OS version matters a ton for a website.

Note that even other browsers work with most functions, if you fake it as Windows 10 Chrome. Disgusting really.

Reminds me of that Russian social network VK.com which used to show the page saying your browser is not supported if you used IE6. A few years later I decided to give it a try, just out of curiosity. The pages of social network loaded and worked as expected without any sign of IE6 being unsupported “de facto”. It’s just a matter of certain programmers not being willing to test their products (either due to lazyness or lack of resources) and to use a common subset of features available in different versions of the platforms they use. Drives the whole bloat insanity.
Post 23 Mar 2019, 13:52
guignol

Reminds me of some moscow c-movie, where some fanatrix of pseudo-islam shoots an imbecile on his fly-off to microsoft. Ali.Z might be her offspring. And Furs might be the second imbecile (who wasn't flying-off).
(The Offspring being imbecilz too)
Post 23 Mar 2019, 15:50
guignol

Don't know if it was made before or after Windows 95.
Post 23 Mar 2019, 15:59
sleepsleep

The Windows 10 start menu is bringing more issues that it worth.

Any idea how to reset the menu portion so it becomes normal, Laughing It just gone berserk after Windows Update, and I am wondering how these collection of short-cuts evolve into such a mess.

sfc /scannow will cause the following,
Re-Allow the following already disabled firewall rules.

1. Desktop App Web Viewer
2. Cortana
3. Your account
4. Work or school account
5. Microsoft Edge
6. Xbox Game
7. Windows Shell Experience
8. Windows Maps
9. Microsoft Content, family features
10. Connect

Truly, Windows 10 has no shame, how it could re-allow blocked rules without prompting us.
Post 24 Mar 2019, 08:52
revolution

DimonSoft wrote:
It’s just a matter of certain programmers not being willing to test their products (either due to lazyness or lack of resources) and to use a common subset of features available in different versions of the platforms they use. Drives the whole bloat insanity.
Another possibility is that the developer read some article saying that IE6 was crap and decided it was his/her duty to move the world forward by pretending things don't work in IE6.
Post 24 Mar 2019, 11:54
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
Truly, Windows 10 has no shame, how it could re-allow blocked rules without prompting us.
Because it is the boss. You don't get to tell the OS how to operate; the OS gets to tell you what you should be doing.
Post 24 Mar 2019, 11:55
sleepsleep

Whitelisted "C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" inside Windows 10 firewall wouldn't gets it connects to the Internet, try double click and run iexplore.exe, it actually loads "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe", so to get it connected, whitelisted (x86) .
Post 24 Mar 2019, 15:19
sleepsleep

revolution wrote:
sleepsleep wrote:
Because it is the boss. You don't get to tell the OS how to operate; the OS gets to tell you what you should be doing.

The design of such OS is a failure probably, who am I to judge when I couldn't code an OS, Laughing

They obviously break all the principles in OS design, probably all these are changes to create a better tomorrow, hopefully.
Post 24 Mar 2019, 15:23
Ali.Z

maybe you guys have a replacement option, ReactOS

Post 20 Apr 2019, 17:57

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 35, 36, 37  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: