flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > sleepsleep's vitally important things

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176 ... 210, 211, 212  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
revolution
When all else fails, read the source


Joined: 24 Aug 2004
Posts: 16702
Location: In your JS exploiting you and your system
Furs wrote:
Optimizing code to the last byte is the best way to make the world a better place. Less energy wasted (because less redundant crap & bloat), less user frustration, and so on. Especially if the software is used by millions or billions of users. Sadly, few care about it.

Let's be wasteful with all the hotshot new bloated programming languages instead. Mad
Hehe, well yeah I agree about optimising. But not to the last byte. Because there is always a point of diminishing returns. It takes energy for a human to optimise code, and spending days or weeks to save one extra clock cycle is unlikely to be beneficial overall. The payback from saving one clock cycle compared to the cost of supporting that human for such a period is far too long.

Also the development cycle of writing some code, then optimising it. Then rewriting the code to fix bugs and re-optimising it. And rewriting the code again to improve something and re-optimising it again. etc. Well, that is terrible. Better to write it, fix bugs, improve it etc. and then optimise it, once, when it is all working. But in reality the optimisation phase doesn't happen because the boss sees it working and tells you to move on to the next thing. And one of the best ways to kill a project is to optimise it early and often, because that puts it behind schedule and you never end up with a working product, so the boss kills it, and probably fires you also.
Post 31 Dec 2018, 12:28
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
guignol



Joined: 06 Dec 2008
Posts: 578
Location: /96A
you're confusing mockery with taunting

agression is always agression
and it is always felt, undeniably
not to help a person under agression is cowardice Rolling Eyes
Post 31 Dec 2018, 17:31
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
guignol



Joined: 06 Dec 2008
Posts: 578
Location: /96A
and I thought optimizations could be done by AI
Post 31 Dec 2018, 17:37
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8332
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
it is 2:17 AM 2019 now, happy new year to all my readers, and participants,

hope we all stay healthy, peaceful, gracious, intelligent, and so on,

take care, Smile
Post 31 Dec 2018, 18:39
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8332
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
wanna share something,

let us imagine for a moment,

during our last breath, our soul experienced OBE, then we were asked a question,

[bold] why you want to go back living on Earth[/bold]

I would say, this is one very powerful question, in fact it sort of clear our confusion, what matter to us, and what our desire matter to others,

another question would be, who is asking that question,

let us imagine, it is our own consciousness who is asking that question, and we could ask that question to us now,

I am still around on Earth because I want to ponder why I am still around here, why I am still attached to earth,

we would choose everything for us, for me,

or

we could choose everything for them, for others,

or

we could just balance for me and for others,

why I still want to back on Earth?
Post 01 Jan 2019, 01:26
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
guignol



Joined: 06 Dec 2008
Posts: 578
Location: /96A
Why do you think we are coming back?
Have your revolution and be happy.
Post 01 Jan 2019, 08:55
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
guignol



Joined: 06 Dec 2008
Posts: 578
Location: /96A
you might not understand it at once, but ugly and scary are not same words
relativeless
Post 01 Jan 2019, 08:57
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8332
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
24 x 365 = 8760 in a year,

how bout we do a countdown 8760, wow! and hopefully we could celebrate this at 2020 January first,

i woke up with the following dream hours ago,

i was shown several paintings, abstract paintings, they are abstract, in the sense, abstract,

but i was teach how to turn those abstract into something non-abstract, where i could see the painted lines and see underneath object vividly,

it never crossed my mind, we could hide so much meanings inside an abstract painting, kinda cool,

i might have some tremendous changes in coming weeks,

somebody intended to buy my house, i might need to find a new place to stay, and adventure into unknown, probably in another place or country, or who knows,

hopefully everything stay smooth, stay healthy and staying alive, take care all,
Post 01 Jan 2019, 13:36
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DimonSoft



Joined: 03 Mar 2010
Posts: 553
Location: Belarus
guignol wrote:
and I thought optimizations could be done by AI

Sadly, we don’t have any real AI by now. And optimizers we have are unable to use information about the task being solved, they’re limited to only the source code and/or a few hints to it.
Post 01 Jan 2019, 14:04
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bzt



Joined: 09 Nov 2018
Posts: 41
Hi,

First of all, Happy New Year! Smile

Furs wrote:
At any rate, the thing is that children of humans and animals alike (well same thing) are different than adults and it's not due to being conditioned only. It's an inherent thing.
You got a point there. Still I believe humans (adults too) are more curious by default than agressive. It needs brainwashing to get the worst part out of us. I simply can't imagine a mentally healty human who (if given the choice) would prefer war over making children.

Furs wrote:
Oh, I was talking about people being afraid of sentient AIs that would be more intelligent than humans, not less.
I'm well aware Smile But that's not gonna happen soon if it happens at all. The research is on the wrong track, that was my point. We should afraid if control is given to the so called AI before it really get's sentient and fully understands suffering, fear and loss. A soul-less machine without the smallest spark of empathy is the worst of all.

If AI would became really smarter than humans, then I think we have nothing to be afraid of. Intelligent beings were always against racism, aggression and war. Just think about Einstein's famous letter to the president, or how depressed Oppenheimer became after the first A-bomb test when he realized what he had done (the also famous "Now I'm became death" quote). The old Leonardo was also very ashamed that he designed weapons when he was younger. Von Braun wanted to create a vehicle that could carry people to the Mars, not explosives to London. Etc. etc. etc. etc.
Long story short, only a primitive dumb conciousness believes that all problems can be solved by war or by brute force. People with high IQ prefer peace, because they understand that every action has an equal reaction, so will a smarter-than-humans AI, imho.

Cheers,
bzt
Post 01 Jan 2019, 21:06
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8332
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
Chico Xavier
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chico_Xavier
Quote:
Chico Xavier (Portuguese: [ˈʃiku ʃɐviˈɛʁ]) or Francisco Cândido Xavier, born Francisco de Paula Cândido ([fɾɐ̃ˈsisku dʒi ˈpawlɐ ˈkɐ̃dʒidu], April 2, 1910 – June 30, 2002), was a popular philanthropist and medium in Spiritism. During a period of 60 years he wrote over 490 books and several thousand letters claiming to use a process known as "psychography and after his death many dozens of books were issued based on old letters and manuscripts which gradually became public bringing the total number of books up to 496".[1][2][3]


interesting year we have now, 2019,

https://horror.media/the-end-of-the-world-or-the-beginning-of-a-new-one

Quote:
Chico said he could not only see souls, but also allow them to use his hand in order for them to write messages. He would close his eyes and begin writing letters. His hand would suddenly and effortlessly move. They call this automatic writing. He did not have a slight clue what was written until each letter or text was finished. Then, he would read its contents out loud.


Quote:
One of the most interesting events took place when he used his sixth sense to help solve a homicide accusation during a trial. In 1976, two young Brazilian men, Mauricio Garcez Henrique and Jose Divino Nunes, went hunting together. Unfortunately, Henrique got accidentally shot and Nunes was accused of homicide. Both claimed it was an accident. Chico Xavier wrote a letter in Henrique's behalf. The letter said it truly was an accident and his friend never had any intention of killing him. Both the handwriting and signature were recognized first by his parents and then confirmed of being legitimate by a graphologist expert, Dr. Carlos Augusto Perandrea.
Post 01 Jan 2019, 22:50
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8332
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
just thought about something cool,

fruits and its seeds,

all kinds of fruits, and we do love fruits, they are delicious, sweet,

but consider the many different ways to present it,
Post 01 Jan 2019, 23:06
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8332
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
my uncle passed away,

guess this is a better ending compare to stay in suffering and pain, idk,

maybe some prefer existence and willing to do anything to keep on exists, idk,
Post 02 Jan 2019, 11:07
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ali.Z



Joined: 08 Jan 2018
Posts: 222
rip

_________________
Asm For Wise Humans
Post 02 Jan 2019, 13:10
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8332
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
thanks,

sitting inside a bus, traveling south too attend my uncle's funeral tomorrow 2pm,

probably need another 3 hours before I could reach KL TBS, hopefully everything going smooth,

I am going to have a list out, what thing am gonna carry, since my neighbor intended to buy my house already,

I want a very light list, probably intend to travel around Malaysia after this, meeting some new souls, listening to some stories, eating some nice food,

enjoying some nice sceneries, sunset, sunrise,

driving Uber grab to earn some pocket monies,

hotel is kinda expansive here, most likely I need another idea on where to relax and recharge my body,

take care all, waiting for aliens incoming spacecraft, August 2019
Post 02 Jan 2019, 18:21
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 1424
bzt wrote:
You got a point there. Still I believe humans (adults too) are more curious by default than agressive. It needs brainwashing to get the worst part out of us. I simply can't imagine a mentally healty human who (if given the choice) would prefer war over making children.

I'm well aware Smile But that's not gonna happen soon if it happens at all. The research is on the wrong track, that was my point. We should afraid if control is given to the so called AI before it really get's sentient and fully understands suffering, fear and loss. A soul-less machine without the smallest spark of empathy is the worst of all.

If AI would became really smarter than humans, then I think we have nothing to be afraid of. Intelligent beings were always against racism, aggression and war. Just think about Einstein's famous letter to the president, or how depressed Oppenheimer became after the first A-bomb test when he realized what he had done (the also famous "Now I'm became death" quote). The old Leonardo was also very ashamed that he designed weapons when he was younger. Von Braun wanted to create a vehicle that could carry people to the Mars, not explosives to London. Etc. etc. etc. etc.
Long story short, only a primitive dumb conciousness believes that all problems can be solved by war or by brute force. People with high IQ prefer peace, because they understand that every action has an equal reaction, so will a smarter-than-humans AI, imho.
Well, I agree with the gist of what you're saying. But you're wrong about humans being that way.

You mention people with high IQ prefer peace and so on, and while that is true, I'm talking about humanity -- the majority, the average. Those don't have high IQ. The humans you speak of are a tiny minority and it's not the humans I speak of. Wink

The classic from Matrix when Agent Smith tells Morpheus how humans are "just like a virus", and he's right in every sense of the word. Now, I know that there's a minority of bright humans who are against this concept, but the fact is, looking at them collectively, it is what it is. By "humans", one refers to them as a collective entity, not individuals. Some individuals are not like that, but they don't "matter" statistically (real shame).

Statistically, the "good humans" lose to the "dumb/evil majority".
Post 02 Jan 2019, 22:20
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8332
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
https://soranews24.com/2018/11/29/cafe-opens-in-tokyo-staffed-by-robots-controlled-by-paralyzed-people/

guess this is very good integration of human inside robot,

~

in another idea, secret,
why secret,

let say, secret is part of information, data, etc, 1 and 0,

let assume, there are various reasons information should only get accessed by particular people,

let assume, when some great information, fall in the hand of people with extreme views and extreme desires and intentions, earth will get blown, people will die, mass people,

so, most likely, they formed up a group of a sect, a cult or etc, to only transfer such information to people whom they judged as worth of such information,

so, the sincerity to obtain such knowledge, or secrets, the mental capability to accept and understood, they will be judged, no choice, because except such judgement, probably, we wouldnt know, is our program bugless or having lots of bugs?

but this probably also means, consciousness can't be cloned,

if consciousness could be cloned, they could just save all the troubles, clone a desired consciousness,

now, let say, the secret is knowledge about how to command human, how to turn human into a mode that able to control, how to view from another human eyes, redirect all the signals from their brain to another brain,

there are probably a lot of secrets that need some sort of protection,

eg, remote desktop port, and password, otherwise, anyone could just log into your pc,

eg, teamviewer id and password, smartphone id and password, or basically, anything that allow access from a to b,

it could also be resources protected lock, otherwise, people could just transfer a few millions to another account,

but judgement only mean, some sort of views, it could be, separating triangles from circles, or cubes, or etc shapes,
Post 02 Jan 2019, 22:48
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Furs



Joined: 04 Mar 2016
Posts: 1424
sleepsleep wrote:
https://soranews24.com/2018/11/29/cafe-opens-in-tokyo-staffed-by-robots-controlled-by-paralyzed-people/

guess this is very good integration of human inside robot,
Damn, I cannot imagine what those paralyzed people go through, but this is a great idea to prevent them from going insane.

sleepsleep wrote:
in another idea, secret,
why secret,

let say, secret is part of information, data, etc, 1 and 0,

let assume, there are various reasons information should only get accessed by particular people,

let assume, when some great information, fall in the hand of people with extreme views and extreme desires and intentions, earth will get blown, people will die, mass people,

so, most likely, they formed up a group of a sect, a cult or etc, to only transfer such information to people whom they judged as worth of such information,

so, the sincerity to obtain such knowledge, or secrets, the mental capability to accept and understood, they will be judged, no choice, because except such judgement, probably, we wouldnt know, is our program bugless or having lots of bugs?

but this probably also means, consciousness can't be cloned,

if consciousness could be cloned, they could just save all the troubles, clone a desired consciousness,

now, let say, the secret is knowledge about how to command human, how to turn human into a mode that able to control, how to view from another human eyes, redirect all the signals from their brain to another brain,

there are probably a lot of secrets that need some sort of protection,

eg, remote desktop port, and password, otherwise, anyone could just log into your pc,

eg, teamviewer id and password, smartphone id and password, or basically, anything that allow access from a to b,

it could also be resources protected lock, otherwise, people could just transfer a few millions to another account,

but judgement only mean, some sort of views, it could be, separating triangles from circles, or cubes, or etc shapes,
Just imagine that all the cryptography on the internet is "broken" or "hacked" and nothing is ever "safe" anymore. No https, no passwords, no VPNs, no credit cards, no Bitcoin (obviously), no bank accounts, etc.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg of how a secret-less world would be like.
Post 02 Jan 2019, 23:00
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sleepsleep



Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 8332
Location: ˛                             ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣Posts: 334455
it might turns into something greater than now, maybe, we never know,
because the society is constructed on secrets, and the shifting from secrets to non secrets might be something very destructive,

but how about something non secret from scratch?

we never know,

we might save a lot of hours dealing with ego when there are no secrets, imagine all the resources shifted from developing ssl, crypto, VPN, etc,

to medical sciences and etc, idk,

maybe there are always something good from bad and something bad from good,
Post 02 Jan 2019, 23:18
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
guignol



Joined: 06 Dec 2008
Posts: 578
Location: /96A
AI is arteficial intelligence not intelect
be not confused

sleepsleep, did you like the Akira cartoon?
Post 02 Jan 2019, 23:34
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic Reply to topic

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176 ... 210, 211, 212  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules:
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Copyright © 1999-2019, Tomasz Grysztar.

Powered by rwasa.