flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Feedback > Assembly programming stream

Would you watch and/or participate?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Undecided
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

I don't know if 20th fasm's anniversary fasmcon can really happen, but for now I have another idea - to make my own assembly programming stream (using one of the popular services, probably Twitch or YouTube).

You could think of it as a "virtual fasmcon", or just a place to hang out with a few people, talk about assembly and do some coding.

I could make live tutorials on simple topics, maybe do something like DOS graphics programming for pure fun, perhaps make a live variant of my file formats tutorial, etc.

Would you be interested? If yes, what topics would you prefer? At what times UTC you could participate?

Last edited by Tomasz Grysztar on 09 Dec 2018, 12:57; edited 2 times in total
Post 05 Dec 2018, 11:58
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
i would love to suggest this,
using fasm friendly libraries or utilities, or diy from scratch such solutions at that particular event,

php alternative? fasm scripting with fasm web server, all from scratch,

maybe something like a live collaboration? git or etc that people familiar?
Post 05 Dec 2018, 12:18
torial

Would love sessions on:
a) A best practices / tips and tricks session
b) Compiler implementation gotchas (for example dealing with converting higher level language expressions to efficient FASM code)
c) Cross-platform strategies
d) Things you can do in FASM that you can't in HLL (or are much harder)
e) Fasm to Fasmg migration strategy/tips & tricks/gotchas
Post 05 Dec 2018, 18:15
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

So many interesting ideas, thank you!

Personally I would love to try sessions on things like fasm to fasmg migration, but I wasn't sure if it would interest someone. And I would gladly talk about my cross-platform strategies.
Post 05 Dec 2018, 18:53
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

I have prepared a Twitch account for this purpose, I may do some test runs soon and see how it goes. No specific plans at the moment (yet).
Post 07 Dec 2018, 12:27
redsock

FWIW I am greatly looking forward to this, I have already started on a tutorial series but have yet to find the time to ready them for the public.

If there's any way I can assist/participate/etc and/or help I am more than happy to do so. Might be fun if more than one of us bounces ideas and solutions between each other as a format. Even reading a @revo rant about the fine merits of JS would be fun IMO Smile

Let me know if there's a private beta to test the delivery format/etc. Smile

Post 08 Dec 2018, 09:20
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Currently, a time I could use for some streaming is around 09:00-12:00 UTC on workdays (Monday to Friday). I know that the times zones of forums' members vary wildly, so I may also need to look for another time window, but I hope that at least for some this one could be OK.
Post 08 Dec 2018, 09:56
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

I have done some initial tests and it seems I have it set up well enough.

You may find me at: https://www.twitch.tv/grysztar

I may do a few more small tests today and launch tomorrow at 09:00 UTC. Please let me know if anyone could join.

Last edited by Tomasz Grysztar on 12 Dec 2018, 10:42; edited 2 times in total
Post 11 Dec 2018, 10:23
redsock

Looking forward to it!

Post 11 Dec 2018, 18:28
Tomasz Grysztar
Assembly Artist

Thanks to everyone that joined today for our test run! I'm going to start another one tomorrow at the same time.

After a successful stream I made an introductory recording for my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/ZPfhrzXhLJo

Tomorrow I plan to expand on one of the topics that showed up today and I'm going to dissect some instruction codes on screen. Starting from 8086 basic ones and moving on to monstrosities like EVEX-prefixed instructions of AVX-512.
Post 12 Dec 2018, 10:40

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: