flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > Cheap and Stable VPS, for hosting or vpn?

Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
Anyone got any suggestion, preferably the one you are using right now.
Post 05 Oct 2018, 08:30
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

There is more to choosing a host than just price and stability. I'm sorry but you really do need to think about more things:

Which country's laws are you most comfortable with?

What do you consider cheap? Do you have some maximum budget in mind?

How much bandwidth do you need? How many connections do you expect on the host? What is your uptime requirement?

Do you need TLS?

How many CPUs? How much RAM? Does your application use GPUs?

Do you want to meet the owners personally? Is your data sensitive/privileged/confidential/illegal? Does it handle or store payment and CC data?
Post 05 Oct 2018, 13:36
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
thanks revolution,

it will hosts the next Facebook, and it got a long journey before it needs hardware like fb,

the host is encrypted, store with members private details, including face picture, driving license and personal identification,

if police needs anything, i will give them, and members are informed of this prior sign up,

cheap, is less than USD 30 per year, since getting use with the system, finding the system needs time, and changes,

bandwidth would be less than 10GB per month, and if things grow, we probably need some more,

assume connections per minute is 1, until we grow up, up time hopefully would be 18 hours, i intended to allocate 6 hours for maintenance, mean only single connection to host to check and see, maybe 1 am to 6 am,

if https requires tls, i probably need it,

i would serve dynatic http, a db, probably go http,

a 1gb memory should enough for 1000 members,

no gpu is required,

the data would be sensitive, basically no fake account, if they want to have a dinner paid by somebody else, they must verified themselves, no other way except vvip account, whom i or my agent meet personally,

i don't intended for global access, allow ip limit to Malaysia isp range only,

what i could promise is, if one day Google want to buy me, those who help me will be rewarded handsomely,
Post 05 Oct 2018, 16:24
revolution

So if Malaysian members only, then I assume you want a host in Malaysia. Else the controlling laws might be tricky to navigate.

BTW: Why insist on IDs? What do you gain from that? Your DB becomes a target for hackers and your users become worried about you selling or leaking their info.
Post 05 Oct 2018, 16:35
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

i would prefer not hosting under Malaysia law, i have no deep knowledge about law, but i prefer open sea, no law,

better would be technology like hosting blockchain, nobody could control and will live forever as long as it got values,

the ID part is line this,

if anything happen, let say, A want to treat B a lunch, or dinner, and something happens, B didn't come back after lunch, and B family lodge a police report,

so everybody is searching for A now, who is A? so the system could at least provide whatever ID we got about A,

this work like Uber or Grab, anonymous doesn't seem to function in such transaction,

physical transaction,
Post 05 Oct 2018, 23:38
sleepsleep

one of the idea is limited member, let say, we would cater only 2000 members at most, no more than that, there are 30 millions people in malaysia,

there is a market for sign up and sign out price, those who want to sign up must pay for the seat currently seated by another person,

and there is a balance of 1000 male and 1000 female, Smile

i might put balance in age range too, Laughing

i would comply with any law agencies that require information about our members, but since you mentioned about hackers want to steal all kinds of information, maybe we should make something easier and secure for people to check something,

if possible, idont want to store any ID, but what if a situation happened, when his/her ID is needed urgently and crucially?
Post 06 Oct 2018, 01:06
revolution

If A & B use sleepsleepBook to meet for lunch that it their problem, not yours. People meet for lunch all the time, often they don't know each other and nothing goes wrong.

If your hosting requires no controlling laws then your hosting options are very limited. Perhaps even non-existent.
Post 06 Oct 2018, 05:29
sleepsleep

revolution wrote:

If A & B use sleepsleepBook to meet for lunch that it their problem, not yours.

ya, not my problem when i am the one who arrange their meet up?

and now police will query who is A and who is B because A gone missing now after having lunch with B,

and how is this exactly become not my problem? i am curious about your point of view,

btw, the sleepsleepBook purpose is to arrange meet up based on faking human AI, which is my AI,

there are few questions that they need to answer and based on those answer, i pair them up for a discussion, breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper,

revolution wrote:

If your hosting requires no controlling laws then your hosting options are very limited. Perhaps even non-existent

i prefer open sea, but if such option not available yet on earth, i will use any that probably far away from Malaysia,
Post 06 Oct 2018, 05:56
revolution

If you don't know who is A or B then you won't even know if either is missing. The providers of anonymous email addresses don't see any problems. Neither will you. Don't worry about it. It's not a big problem. Don't follow the F.U.D. But if you purpose for collecting data is something else then state that. Please don't hide behind the "for your security" mantra.

Once you decide which laws you are most comfortable with then that is the jurisdiction you will deal with. But it is very strange to have controlling laws in one country and restrict to only users from another country. And indeed many countries (China, Russia, ...) have laws that require your user's data be stored in the country you deal with. So perhaps Malaysia requires you to do this anyway when dealing with their citizens? You might want to check it out.
Post 06 Oct 2018, 06:33
sleepsleep

revolution wrote:

If you don't know who is A or B then you won't even know if either is missing.

i would say this is an interesting viewpoint, :thumbs up:

so what data i should at least having in order to have a sane match? age, name? male or female, address? beside their answers to my questions,

the ultimate point would be matching 2 person for a great discussion on issues that they concerned, and a follow up on how to affect the issue into a greater benefits for humanity,

the energy is simply too tiny for a single person to take care and create changes, and i would hoping bringing people into platform, will somehow create a power to create changes,

and i also requires motivation from others too, i need positive energy too, Laughing

it is a show hand platform that should prompt members to rethink what impact they should create in this life,
Post 06 Oct 2018, 06:43
sleepsleep

basically the idea is founded on previous discussed logic,

people is more willing to communicate when they are commanded or recommended by others to do so,

some kind of responsibilities shifting instead of i am the one who want to communicate with him or her,

and since there are so many problems on earth (maybe) Laughing

probably the best would be getting people into room and let them think way to solve or evoke changes for better humanity benefits,
Post 06 Oct 2018, 06:57
sleepsleep

Serverless Hosting Comparison

https://headmelted.com/serverless-showdown-4a771ca561d2

some comparisons on hosting without server, or payment based on usage type, eventually these big brothers will eat up all other hosting companies, probably in 5 years time,
Post 07 Oct 2018, 12:43

Jump to:  

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: