flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > Apple vs FBI re iPhone unlocking

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
badc0de02

i will say the fbi didnt gave apple that much munny they wanted
Post 29 Mar 2016, 20:37
Walter

Unlocked iPhone Worthless After F.B.I. Spills Glass of Water on It

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Moments after successfully unlocking the San Bernardino iPhone, the F.B.I. rendered the phone permanently useless by spilling a glass of water on it, an F.B.I. spokesman confirmed on Tuesday.

Calling the accident “one of the biggest embarrassments in F.B.I. history,” bureau spokesman Harland Dorrinson told reporters, “There’s no way to express how bad we feel about what happened to that phone.”

Walking reporters through the mishap, Dorrinson said that shortly after the iPhone was unlocked, “There were a lot of high-fives, which led to the unfortunate spilling of the water.”

After repeatedly attempting to reboot the phone with no success, the F.B.I. consulted several Apple support forums for tips on fixing a waterlogged iPhone. “I wish I could report that any of them worked,” the spokesman said.

In a possible thawing of relations between Apple and the F.B.I., Apple C.E.O. Tim Cook offered to replace the damaged iPhone for seven hundred and forty-nine dollars, or two hundred and ninety-nine dollars with a two-year contract.
Post 29 Mar 2016, 20:52
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
all the drama,
Post 30 Mar 2016, 00:47
YONG

Post 30 Mar 2016, 03:08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
nyrtzi

And in the end they got an Israeli company to break into the phone. I just find it hard to believe that the FBI themselves wouldn't have anyone capable of that themselves. Can it really be that difficult considering how crappy the protections probably are in the end once you figure them out? But even if the protections were as ok as the Apple marketing department tries to spin them out to be and we all know how high the bs to truth ratio of marketing talk usually is I find it hard to believe the FBI couldn't have just asked the NSA for help.

So yes, so much drama just for the purpose of trying to push for more rights for government actors to take away some more rights through the excuse of them not supposedly being able to fight terrorists otherwise. Are the ordinary folks gonna fall for this one as well?

So I'm left wondering how is eliminating more of the protections and rights functioning as the basis for a free and open society going to protect those societies when the lack of information on the part of the officials never seems to be an actual problem compared to the security officials in charge of the situation not acting on it. Or are they just sitting on the info indifferent or panicking because the organizational hierarchies are so complex and territorial that no one knows who's responsible for what and afraid of stepping on anyone elses' toes?

I guess the current and ex-bosses of US intelligence agencies feel that the country is not enough of a police and surveillance state yet. Jealous of the Stasi and the KGB? Then again all they need is another one finger to get their slippery slope going on in practise again I guess.
Post 01 Apr 2016, 03:26
Walter

Anyone traveling to New Zealand?

www.cnn.com
Post 04 Oct 2018, 16:52
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

Walter wrote:
Anyone traveling to New Zealand?

www.cnn.com
This is extremely disappointing. I'll try to remember that if I ever find myself in need of going there.

But somehow I think this will only be the first. Probably Oz next. Then CA, UK, US. Followed by the RotW. Sad
Post 04 Oct 2018, 17:07
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
probably there exists chip made by China government in iphone, and all the backdoors, Laughing

yeah, in all Android phones too,
Post 05 Oct 2018, 00:27

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: