flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > Windows 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
DimonSoft

I wonder what will the “super-algorithm” do in my case: my notebook is either actively used or put into standby mode.

I personally hate all this recognition-prediction stuff (yes, including image and sound recognition): no 100% precision guaranteed, just plain luck.
Post 26 Jul 2018, 14:49
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
DimonSoft wrote:

I personally hate all this recognition-prediction stuff (yes, including image and sound recognition): no 100% precision guaranteed, just plain luck.

consciousness couldnt be created through 1 and 0?

DimonSoft wrote:

I wonder what will the “super-algorithm” do in my case: my notebook is either actively used or put into standby mode.

i dont think the algorithm really cares about, it just performs as programmed, since they already got our mic input, i bet they heard lots of f off already in their cloud database,

smart tv are listening 24x7, laptop, smartphone, they all listening,
Post 26 Jul 2018, 18:58
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

sleepsleep wrote:
Microsoft says it has trained a “predictive model” that will accurately predict when the best time to restart the device is thanks to machine learning. “We will not only check if you are currently using your device before we restart, but we will also try to predict if you had just left the device to grab a cup of coffee and return shortly after,” says Sarkar.
Instead of giving the user the choice they still think it is their right to reboot when they see fit? Well, of course they do, they are MS and they own all the computers so naturally they can do with them whatever they please, Why would you expect to get a choice in the matter?
DimonSoft wrote:
It will reboot just when you need to use it for an urgent matter, or just at the point that you want to start watching a movie.
Post 26 Jul 2018, 22:12
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DimonSoft

sleepsleep wrote:
DimonSoft wrote:

consciousness couldnt be created through 1 and 0?

Maybe it could but definitely not this way. My attitude towards these algorithms is just my personal attitude, I hust don’t like to write code that might fail if something unexpected happens. The whole world is happy with 70–80–90% of successful recognition, I worry about those 10%. Due to such algorithms any woodpecker might make our whole world collapse.
Post 27 Jul 2018, 09:51
revolution

Let the spying commence ...

These are all the websites Windows 10 connects to after a clean install
Quote:
When you perform a clean install of Windows 10, the operating system connects to a large number of sites for different purposes, including -- naturally enough -- to send and receive email, download apps and security updates, and so on. The sheer number of endpoints that the operating system connects to might surprise you however. It's a very, very long list.
So like I mentioned above, never let it have access to any network, ever. Remove the WiFi card(s), seal the RJ45 port, uninstall the drivers.
Post 01 Aug 2018, 23:32
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
crazy, windows 10 becomes sentient and connect everything out there, Laughing
Post 02 Aug 2018, 00:36
sleepsleep

officially in 1803, you could no longer turn off cortana, it will always respawn if you end task that process, Laughing

they make it hard to turn off lots of thing,

windows defender will always haunt you, scan your external disk, report back to hq,

Microsoft edge runs after you log in, even if you never execute edge browser,

8th gen Intel performs smoother in Windows 10, you will feel lag if you install 7 or 8.1,

serious shit, we no longer control our computer,
Post 12 Aug 2018, 06:29
DimonSoft

sleepsleep wrote:
officially in 1803, you could no longer turn off cortana

Some day archeologists will be confused by this sentence.
Post 12 Aug 2018, 09:21
revolution

It is always listening, always watching, always monitoring, always scanning, always recording.

It never sleeps, never gets tired, never gets distracted, never gets lazy.

It obeys one master, and that is not you. The master can make it do new things at any time. The master has complete control. The master is the final decider of all things. The master acts for its own interests.

Welcome to Windows 10. Enjoy the panopticon Smile
Post 12 Aug 2018, 10:15
sleepsleep

just notice Photos app
Microsoft.Photos.exe and Runtime Broker in always on mode without you executing the app.

scary stuff

https://superuser.com/questions/955238/what-causes-the-speed-of-processor-0-in-group-0-is-being-limited-by-system-firm
you get this if you put windows 8, 7 into new pc,
basically throttled your cpu,
win10 only chipset driver for coffee lake,
i hardly find win 8.1 display driver for kaby lake too,
Post 12 Aug 2018, 16:27
sleepsleep

KB434390, or i screw up with w10privacy .de,
another hours wasted
Post 17 Aug 2018, 10:45

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: