flat assembler
Message board for the users of flat assembler.

flat assembler > Heap > Windows 10

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Author
Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
it is more than updates, there are no driver for devices on win7, and 8
Post 12 Jul 2018, 01:03
revolution
When all else fails, read the source

sleepsleep wrote:
it is more than updates, there are no driver for devices on win7, and 8
AFAICT in most cases drivers are written by the manufacturers, unless it is one of the common mobo devices. It has always been normal for them to not develop drivers for older Windows versions. But if you already have a driver working then there is no need for updates, right?
Post 12 Jul 2018, 01:13
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

Location: ˛                              ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Posts: 6699
i am aware that it is a normal practice to not support older devices,

my issue is those manufacturers, OEM should actually provide at least drivers for last previous version os, in this case, windows 8.1

since the windows 10 pro came with downgrade right to windows 8.1 pro, if there are no drivers for Windows 8.1, how the consumers going to exercise the downgrade rights?

and they keep on pushing more and more rubbishes into win 10, damn it,

you got unlock by phone, xbox, the stupid setting to clone control panel, keep on stealing resources, bandwidth that mean for consumers specific usage,

seriously, what is the f wrong with ms windows developers,
Post 12 Jul 2018, 16:58
revolution

I think the solution is to using Windows 10, or at the very least stop updating it. The more people that use it, the more MS is encouraged to keep adding more stuff. So if you kill the demand then you will kill the supply.
Post 12 Jul 2018, 19:32
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
sleepsleep

revolution wrote:

or at the very least stop updating it.

they dont allow consumers to disable update Crying or Very sad

the only usable version most likely is the ltsb version for enterprise which only available for enterprise Laughing

the server core is my candidate actually, just need extra utilities open source then we could have something usable,
Post 12 Jul 2018, 20:29
revolution

sleepsleep wrote:
they dont allow consumers to disable update Crying or Very sad
You might be able to kill it with a registry setting and/or a DNS setting and/or a firewall setting.
Post 12 Jul 2018, 20:49
sleepsleep

damn it bastard windows 10 is hogging the whole disk io, keep on download and update the bastard even after i set up 1803, damn it, just f waiting time
Post 15 Jul 2018, 06:51
revolution

MS owns your computer. You should be grateful that they let use occasionally for your own purposes.

Thanks MS for letting me use m̶y̶̶ your computer for 10 minutes per day. Smile
Post 15 Jul 2018, 09:22
sleepsleep

Laughing,
i end up asking my client to purchase SSD, 1803 doesn't seems comfortable working with mechanical hard drive, the whole thing became so slow because ms detected the PC is having high bandwidth, so they keep on pushing stuff into that poor pc,
Post 15 Jul 2018, 09:54
Furs

At least Windows 10 works offline unlike Chrome OS or w/e. Fuck the cloud bullshit.
Post 22 Jul 2018, 19:38
revolution

Furs wrote:
At least Windows 10 works offline unlike ...
But it still needs to be "activated" (i.e. allow MS to track you and your usage when you are online).
Post 22 Jul 2018, 22:48
Ali.A

revolution wrote:
MS owns your computer. You should be grateful that they let use occasionally for your own purposes.

Thanks MS for letting me use m̶y̶̶ your computer for 10 minutes per day. Smile

lol

thats why i never changed my win7 and xp, and win95 win98 on virtual mode.

microsoft lost the game, the second they published their win8.0.
and they know they lost the game against mac and linux, otherwise they wouldnt work with intel to provide a system update saying all intel 7th gen only work on win10? how funny!

and they tried many things as well, and they will try in any way they can to push people to win10.

but personally, ill never go to win8.0 8.1 and 10 .. once windows 7 become really old then i might (note i said might,so not sure) go to linux or stay using win7 why not lol.

Post 23 Jul 2018, 01:00
revolution

Ali.A wrote:
microsoft lost the game, the second they published their win8.0.
I think MS lost the game when they started using the update channel to push advertisements for Win10. When function creep starts to happen like that then it is sign of more to come, and sure enough along came all the keylogging, file scanning, "cloud" backups, etc. I wouldn't mind Win10 if only MS would keep their hands off my data.
Post 23 Jul 2018, 10:45
Ali.A

good, didnt know that ms have keylogging and file scanning.

say win10 dont have such things, it remains bad os and its more limited. (they are trying to take the control out of the user / consumer)

sure it willbe fine for normal users who view documents and surf the net, but for people who like to develop / take control of things then this os is not recommended.

bonus info:
when trying to install OSes lower than win10 on new motherboards using intel 8th gen cpu you will get errors claiming older OSes are not supported by intel, but thanks god there is a patch available to bypass win10 requirements.

Post 23 Jul 2018, 12:11
sleepsleep

The core and ltsb version should do fine,

Alternative is Win10 China version, their government checked and striped away something, add something else, Laughing

bugged by US or China, you choose, Laughing
Post 23 Jul 2018, 16:17
Furs

revolution wrote:
But it still needs to be "activated" (i.e. allow MS to track you and your usage when you are online).
I don't think it does. My Windows 10 VM is not activated and it works just fine offline, at least to run apps. You can't change the theme and desktop customizations and such, but yeah.

Obviously this doesn't make Windows 10 any good, but it does mean that there's worse OSes out there, and perhaps W10 will become like Chrome OS one day. Anyway fuck Google too.
Post 25 Jul 2018, 14:33
sleepsleep

Laughing

the non-activated version should works fine, most likely you see a watermark on desktop, not sure the mechanism in non-activated mode, probably bug you even more, cached all your keystrokes and etc, upon connected, call home and upload their data back to cloud, Laughing

i think i saw an article sometime ago, windows firewall ignore some user created rules and embedded-ly whitelisted some of their home server,
Post 25 Jul 2018, 15:07
Ali.A

Furs wrote:
Anyway fuck google too.

i agree.

Post 25 Jul 2018, 19:39
revolution

Furs wrote:
Anyway fuck Google too.
Their search engine is still the best though. So there is that. Their other stuff ... I'm not so keen on.
Post 25 Jul 2018, 20:54
sleepsleep

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/25/17614842/microsoft-windows-10-updates-reboot-pc-machine-learning-feature

Microsoft says it has trained a “predictive model” that will accurately predict when the best time to restart the device is thanks to machine learning. “We will not only check if you are currently using your device before we restart, but we will also try to predict if you had just left the device to grab a cup of coffee and return shortly after,” says Sarkar.

f idiotic thing, seriously how many more f bloating code they want to put inside this shit,

create stupid problem then create another stupid solution, damn it
Post 26 Jul 2018, 04:51

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

< Last Thread | Next Thread >
Forum Rules: